Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

I am curious..

been waved to the side of the road for texting, explained that i was changing a song on my ipod (which is harder than texting IMO), let me go with a warning! I'm pretty sure the cops were just standing on the side of the road waiting to see people talking on phones etc

nztintin said:

been waved to the side of the road for texting, explained that i was changing a song on my ipod (which is harder than texting IMO)...

Iv had dodgier experiences changing songs on my iPod and driving (especially when its done through my head unit...haha) than i have had texting and driving. But iv had even worse ones while iv being eating and driving, at crunch time i put more effort into trying to not drop my whopper with cheese than trying to avoid the danger ahead....

At least with texting you can use maybe one hand on the steering wheel.... hahahaha

To be honest if im texting and driving....and a kiddy runs out in front of me, im quite likely to be able to react and avoid an incident. However if some scalding hot BBQ sauce falls off my meat lovers pizza into my crotch - that kid better be awake and fast.

But isnt eating while driving against the law anyways?

Never got a proper warning or fine but got a filthy look and a few blips of the disco lights for texting while driving. Didnt pull me over tho.

keltik said:

To be honest if im texting and driving....and a kiddy runs out in front of me, im quite likely to be able to react and avoid an incident. However if some scalding hot BBQ sauce falls off my meat lovers pizza into my crotch - that kid better be awake and fast.

But isnt eating while driving against the law anyways?

Never got a proper warning or fine but got a filthy look and a few blips of the disco lights for texting while driving. Didnt pull me over tho.

oh god I hope not as then i would never eat over the winter time :)

lol my best mate got caught talking on the phone to me two days after the law change, funny thing was she had forgotten about the new law and was talking hard out like it was normal lol the cop saw her chased her and pulled her over, she was like "what did i do wrong officer"? lol I couldn't stop laughing when she told me ;D ;D ;D ;D

yeh it would be nice if we could leave people to decide for themselvesa little bit such as when to talk on their phone or speed. But as you said most people are morons who shouldnt be allowed to use kiddi proof lighters let alone a car, so as usual everyone suffers so the lowest common denominators don't improve the gene pool by wiping themselves out.

Jonnysnow said:

yeh it would be nice if we could leave people to decide for themselvesa little bit such as when to talk on their phone or speed. But as you said most people are morons who shouldnt be allowed to use kiddi proof lighters let alone a car, so as usual everyone suffers so the lowest common denominators don't improve the gene pool by wiping themselves out.

It's not wiping themselves out I'm worried about, but taking someone else out (possibly a child) at the same time.

i always plug the iphone into the stereo and change tracks etc.\\

its part of the stereo so...dont see how thats a problem.

Texting i just pull over cos the touch screen is too much of a bitch to text with no looking at it lol.

calling...hmm ill call on a back road etc while driving but on main roads nah. i prefer my money in my back pocket...wait....the mrs\' back pocket than in the cops!

Jonnysnow said:

See we should legislate DARWIN back into law...

(this is all well and good as long as they dont Darwin innocent people>>>>)

Let them play with non kiddie proof lighters,

Let them talk on the phone and crash into the light pole,

Let them jump from the bridge into the flooded river,

etc...

Swindog']

[quote name='Shale said:

I hate phone calls, especially in the car. If I answer at all, you'll get a loud "FARK OFF!!" followed by *CLICK...beep beep beep beep* from me. So....nope ;D

/quote]

Why have a phone then?

Txting, n00b :P The biggest upshot of text? It's there in writing, not heresay.

So if I said MEET ME HERE, you can't claim 'You never said that!' ;)

Shale']

[quote name='Shale said:

I hate phone calls, especially in the car. If I answer at all, you'll get a loud "FARK OFF!!" followed by *CLICK...beep beep beep beep* from me. So....nope ;D

/quote]

Why have a phone then?

Phone fail.

I cant stand it when people never call and only text.

I will text where calling is intrusive, or i dont require a reply or whatever but 95% of the time i just call.

Plus when you think about it.....texting is the biggest rort ever. The cost versus the actual data use is absolutely ridiculous.

Think about it. A text is around 160 characters coming out at around 150 bytes of data. Thus 6.67 (lets call it 7 for ease) texts=1kb.

1024kb per megabyte.

7 times 1024=7168 texts messages per megabyte at a cost of $1433.60 supposing texts cost $0.20 each.

Now i have a data pack at $10 per 100mb.

MP3 ringtones of like 4mb? cost a few bucks to download, and thats including the rights to use the song, and not just to transmit.

So in conclusion if you use your phone mainly for texts you are a plain retard and are simply lining your providers pockets.

Shale']

[quote name='Shale said:

/quote]

Why have a phone then?

Phone fail.

I cant stand it when people never call and only text.

I will text where calling is intrusive, or i dont require a reply or whatever but 95% of the time i just call.

Plus when you think about it.....texting is the biggest rort ever. The cost versus the actual data use is absolutely ridiculous.

Think about it. A text is around 160 characters coming out at around 150 bytes of data. Thus 6.67 (lets call it 7 for ease) texts=1kb.

1024kb per megabyte.

7 times 1024=7168 texts messages per megabyte at a cost of $1433.60 supposing texts cost $0.20 each.

Now i have a data pack at $10 per 100mb.

MP3 ringtones of like 4mb? cost a few bucks to download, and thats including the rights to use the song, and not just to transmit.

So in conclusion if you use your phone mainly for texts you are a plain retard and are simply lining your providers pockets.

Haha I love being on 2Degrees, I only get the important text messages because everyone is too cheap to spend 0.20c to txt me rubbish and if I want to organize something I just call, if they don't pick up I leave a message and they get back to me in either text or call.

And my phone is so cheap it's too hard to text at the best of times let alone driving, it doesn't have bluetooth or any form of handsfree BUT ITS GOT A RADIO! Haha I love being a cheap ass student 8)

matdaymon said:

Haha I love being on 2Degrees, I only get the important text messages because everyone is too cheap to spend 0.20c to txt me rubbish and if I want to organize something I just call, if they don't pick up I leave a message and they get back to me in either text or call.

And my phone is so cheap it's too hard to text at the best of times let alone driving, it doesn't have bluetooth or any form of handsfree BUT ITS GOT A RADIO! Haha I love being a cheap ass student 8)

haha yeah i will second that 2 degrees it pretty good.especially because your alway adding more credit to your phone if you dont ring for the month then next month you got 100 txts and $40 bucks worth of cheap calling

keltik said:

Im not saying its the case here, but what if (like most of the population) your too stupid to know whats safe

Well, seeing as i'm waaayyy above the average, i figure i'll make the call. And, seeing as the people who set the laws/limits do so based on the average, they're not really even aimed at me, are they... ;D

...waiting for it....