Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

rskikn said:

after alot of angle grinding and sanding and still more sanding to come... droped off my intake manifold to gss in penrose and got them to fit me up sum weld on fitting.. ahhh more braided line here i come.. no more silicon hose.. marked where i wanted the fittings put on so there as close to where they need to go.. less clutter..

scaled.php?server=6&filename=intakemanif

scaled.php?server=14&filename=intakemani

still havent decided if i wanna get it powder coated red yet???

Need a big bore throttle for it?

Scored lights and grille for project car. And scored some cheap wheels for my 96. They nice and black.

Cant upload pics on here as im on my not so smart phone but pics can be seen on facebook. Pm for facebook details

Ichi Ban']

[quote name='rskikn said:

after alot of angle grinding and sanding and still more sanding to come... droped off my intake manifold to gss in penrose and got them to fit me up sum weld on fitting.. ahhh more braided line here i come.. no more silicon hose.. marked where i wanted the fittings put on so there as close to where they need to go.. less clutter..

img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg6/scaled.php?server=6&filename=intakemanifold1.png&res=medium[/img]

they bore em out at gss.. gotta take it back with the throttle so they can match it up.. wats yr take on sizes etc?? it'll be running 3" piping as well.. ive talked to kent @ speed source a few times ive been up there for tunes and he dont really put much stock in the bigger throttles.. theres heaps of pro's and con's...

Timmah']

[quote name='thorpy said:

Got a syms copy rear bumper for $50 - Brand new.

/quote]

Pics?? Google doesn't seem to helpful.

have a look at my car in the garage thread, it's what i have :-) nicest aftermarket bumper in my opinion. very smooth and subtle

sultan said:

3" piping will be great, if you're going for 900hp. will just make your car seem lazy and not gain any more power, on anything else.

i use 3" on the hot side now and it actually helped make it heaps more responsive.. if it dont work ive still got the 2.5inch pipes.. ive done a few things on the car that plenty o people say is a no no and it turned out to be a yes yes.. what works for sum doesnt for others.. trial and error is the way..

bought some rims. possibly bought an ecu. FINALLY got paid by acc, plus back pay, plus my birthday presents finally clearing... pick up rims wednesday, and bov, ecu to be couriered, aahh... if only i could actually get them on the car.... iv got a 20mm sway bar that needs to be put in too.... oohh this going to be fun when im up and moving again!!!!!

rskikn']

[quote name='rskikn said:

img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg6/scaled.php?server=6&filename=intakemanifold1.png&res=medium[/img]

they bore em out at gss.. gotta take it back with the throttle so they can match it up.. wats yr take on sizes etc?? it'll be running 3" piping as well.. ive talked to kent @ speed source a few times ive been up there for tunes and he dont really put much stock in the bigger throttles.. theres heaps of pro's and con's...

3" seems very large, has anyone done flow/speed calcs on 3" run of your I/C pipe?

Cons are that butterflies are too hard to make and aftermarket ones are a pain to mount up sensors onto etc

I measured my mega top munt and the outlet is 63.8mm - So i am happy to have my 64.3mm throttle body

even 2.5" ID pipe is 63.5mm

I cant see the point running big intake pipes or I/C and then try to force the air thru a 60mm hole (ie factory throttle which is 16% smaller)

I know someone will have a std I/C sitting around Can some one measure a std I/C outlet inside diameterand post it up

sultan said:

mmmm look at the sexy arse and sides. just looks like a smoother version of factory kit. not a fan of the front which is why i run a custom one. go syms!!

Yup good looking bar forsure , need to find some sides now and thinking of running a modified 22b style front.