Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

legacy666 said:

So what\'s the best way to secure a sub box in the boot so I don\'t have to worry about it next time I go around a corner. Just upgraded all the door speakers and will probably look to put the sub back. Had some salesman spend 30 minutes blabbing about 5.25 inch being all that will fit in the doors although I had just measured up everything, then another 20 minutes trying to sell me some top of the line components. Dude I came in already knowing what I wanted and instead of just getting them and having an easy sale you forced me to leave and go elsewhere.

Was it rapid radio?

Every bloody time I\'ve been there the same thing happens. Just let me buy what I want. Your knowledge is great but I don\'t want it.

legacy666 said:

So what\'s the best way to secure a sub box in the boot so I don\'t have to worry about it next time I go around a corner.

Velcro strips have always worked well for me.

bnneie']

[quote name='legacy666 said:

So what\'s the best way to secure a sub box in the boot so I don\'t have to worry about it next time I go around a corner.

/quote]

Velcro strips have always worked well for me.

I used bungy cords - they didn\'t work to well and a cop actually told me it was illegal (lol)

So went to mitre 10 and got some 90degree fence braces - a couple screws and your good to go!

Was it rapid radio?

Every bloody time I\'ve been there the same thing happens. Just let me buy what I want. Your knowledge is great but I don\'t want it

I\'d rather not say the name but lets just say it was a Trendy place in Hamilton. Ok so off to mitre 10 for a fence bracket

haha hows using a bungy cord illegal.i bet he searched someones boot in the past and moved the sub and a bungy cord sprung into his face.i use one and it works well.first bungy cord i used was from 2 dollar shop so lasted a day on 20psi so upgraded to a warehouse bungy and has done the job for 6months +

boon said:

IMAG0123.jpg

Fb=43hz :P

bloody wagons.. can fit anything in the back! ;P

Biggest one i\'ve built was an ABC design that everyone on nzice was raving about back in the day..

Might have a set of rainbow germaniums for sale sometime this year..

Can\'t bring myself to weigh a zoom zoom car down.. =(..

Factoring in dynamat, box, amps, cabling, components... too much hassle.

That\'s a big box, reminds me of back in the day when a mate and myself combined systems for an spl comp. 2 18\'s, 2 15\'s and 2 12\'s. Thank goodness the head unit had a remote as neither of us wanted to get in and crank the volume up. :)

thinking of using some chain to secure my sub box.

• Admin
 legacy666 said:

That\'s a big box, reminds me of back in the day when a mate and myself combined systems for an spl comp. 2 18\'s, 2 15\'s and 2 12\'s. Thank goodness the head unit had a remote as neither of us wanted to get in and crank the volume up. :)

That one was 6x DD2515\'s on a modded Stetsom 10kd feeding them about 9000wrms, did a shade over 150dB on music and shook that poor little wagon to bits.

legacy666 said:

Was it rapid radio?

Every bloody time I\'ve been there the same thing happens. Just let me buy what I want. Your knowledge is great but I don\'t want it

I\'d rather not say the name but lets just say it was a Trendy place in Hamilton. Ok so off to mitre 10 for a fence bracket

Is a member lol.

boon']

[quote name='legacy666 said:

/quote]

That one was 6x DD2515\'s on a modded Stetsom 10kd feeding them about 9000wrms, did a shade over 150dB on music and shook that poor little wagon to bits.

I was quite surprised at abtec\'s 4 DD 10\'s that did a touch over 150dB in a hatch vitz I think it was lol. Not even the complete high end model sub ither. I don\'t think id like to be in that either when I heard it :o

Just got an expensive phone call.

Oil and filter done

Trans flush done

Diff oil done

Fuel pump done

Checked all mounts all ok

Things Alex has picked up on while servicing

Both rocker cover gaskets leaking

Cracked up pipe

Oil cooler line leaking

Fuel tank looks like there has been water in it

Replace clutch and brake fluid

Replace fuel filter

Hmmmm

boon']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

b]Both rocker cover gaskets leaking

Cracked up pipe [/b]

I could have told you these 2 things without even seeing the car :D

Find me a 15 year old Subaru with a non-leaking factory rocker cover gasket...

Hmmmm

Going to drop my symms ELH off to him (that solves up pipe problem)

The biggest problem is $$$