Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Koom said:

I finished off my exhaust today, bolted it back on then put the car back on the ground. Now I need to drain the three year old 98 octane (would be about 42 now....) out of it and change the oil. Then it\'s ready for tuning ;D

Watching with interest.

kwi_fozze said:

raspberry pi and keyboard showed up today... i know i have a composite video in on the back of my headunit, and it does composite out... may not even need a touch screen replacement headunit...

now to get a decent and rapid os onto it, romraider for logging goodness, a powered usb hub and some way to power the f**king thing in car... hahaha

What will you use the pi for in your car? (Curious)

As for power, just fuse a usb charger and secondary lighter plug piece into one power device and wire it in with a fuse. Although with the unit losing power every time you restart the car i\'m not sure how well the filesystem will go :S i\'m sure you could code a sensor with a relay to detect when the car is off and to shutdown the unit safely, and use the usb charger to charge a battery to keep the unit going after car is off for safe shutdown. Although with nix it shouldn\'t be too bad I wouldn\'t have thought.

pi will be used for media center / logging / digital dash setup.

looking at running a dedicated feed, to capacitor, into a downstep device to power my usb hub and the pi, with a relay through the gpio pins to shutdown on powerloss, need to make sure there is enough charge stored in the cap to keep the pi running long enough. some experementation ahead i think. thankfully my usb hub is 5v powered, so it makes it a lot easier to set up a p/s for it.

• Admin

Have it on a dedicated power feed with a relay that is energised by +ACC but has a 30 second or so switch-off delay circuit. Then use GPIO pins to monitor +ACC.

No more +ACC = Pi turns off, 30 seconds later relay switches of power the +5V regulator that\'s powering the Pi.

EDIT: I bet this would do a damn good job on the delay side of things:

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=KC5392&w=delay&form=KEYWORD

as long as you could adjust the delay to be suitably long.

boon said:

Have it on a dedicated power feed with a relay that is energised by +ACC but has a 30 second or so switch-off delay circuit. Then use GPIO pins to monitor +ACC.

No more +ACC = Pi turns off, 30 seconds later relay switches of power the +5V regulator that\'s powering the Pi.

EDIT: I bet this would do a damn good job on the delay side of things:

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=KC5392&w=delay&form=KEYWORD

as long as you could adjust the delay to be suitably long.

The Dimmer wouldn\'t cause issues would it? (Slow voltage drop @ power off)

Kemo Germany make some good adjustable timers/relays ($50 each though). I think maybe the M113a?

turbo timer.

duh, that was staring me right in the face. run turbo timer supplying 12v to 5v step down, set gpio to shutdown on voltage loss (12v from acc circuit) or shutdown on break circuit in normally closed 12v relay within the t/timer itself...

hmmm... plotting plotting

evowrx']

[quote name='Koom said:

I finished off my exhaust today, bolted it back on then put the car back on the ground. Now I need to drain the three year old 98 octane (would be about 42 now....) out of it and change the oil. Then it\'s ready for tuning ;D

/quote]

Watching with interest.

Don\'t hold your breath!

It\'s just like Pantene, it\'s not gonna happen overnight.... haha

Trackday yesterday.

Did this n lap 1, aquaplaned at the sweeping left hander at taupo, turn 9? went round backwards and into the wall. Doesnt look too bad in pic but the panel alignment is on some pretty good angles and a bend inside the boot.

1465985_572587130818_4569907530006984487

10007288_572587574928_166676031749868190

Went out again and hour or so later, BEB.

Ended up doing 4 laps in total.

AdamOst said:

Trackday yesterday.

Did this n lap 1, aquaplaned at the sweeping left hander at taupo, turn 9? went round backwards and into the wall. Doesnt look too bad in pic but the panel alignment is on some pretty good angles and a bend inside the boot.

Went out again and hour or so later, BEB.

Ended up doing 4 laps in total.

Ouch! Didn\'t you disprove that your BEB was on the way out?

Or do you think it both are unrelated?