Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

Replaced the completely rooted AC belt idler on the Impreza, no more horrible buzzing.

Replaced the also completely rooted tophats with solid-mounted pillowball models. Topped up the shock reservoirs, re-pressurised everything, drove it. Glorious. Finally got rid of every single knock, rattle, pop, clunk or other grotty noise from the suspension.

In fact dare I say it least I jinx the hell out of everything, short of a wheel alignment for the Impreza both cars are finally running properly. Feels good!

• Admin

Did a super dirty 5k clutch slippy launch to have a crack at getting a sweet 0-100. Went fairly well despite the clutch not liking it,then realised i'd forgotten to press start on the logger, kinda don't want to do it again either since the clutch probably doesn't have all that much life left in it.

Andy_Mac said:
Did a super dirty 5k clutch slippy launch to have a crack at getting a sweet 0-100. Went fairly well despite the clutch not liking it,then realised i'd forgotten to press start on the logger, kinda don't want to do it again either since the clutch probably doesn't have all that much life left in it.

Sick *****.

• Admin
 loner said:
+1 be there or be gay as fcuk. But seriously, I'm going to need another fast Subaru there to provide some kind of challenge.

The car might be somewhat rapid, the driver is not.

It's always labour weekend right?

boon said:
The car might be somewhat rapid, the driver is not.

It's always labour weekend right?

Usually labour weekend and they used to run an autox on the following monday too.

Doesn't matter if you are not fast... that comes with time... but it would be great to have a new Subaru face there. We only get one new face every... actually never.

BTW corner speed is more important than power at this event, I was just thrash talking.

Edited by loner

finally got around to fitting paralell fuel rails, after the set i purchased for very little on a shady facebook deal came with Carb hose and needed to be replaced lol...

oh well the Tomei Type S FPR was worth the price I paid at least....

loner said:
Awesome Viv, so you are now at 171kw! good work!

Sadly I went backwards in power. And no one can tell me why. But that's a bit of a long story for here. Will talk to you about it at the autocross in the weekend? Same with Sam hopefully?

In the meantime, went and did 00 on Taranaki Tarmac rally (the car that goes through with a siren warning people rally cars are coming). Roads are particularly slippery up that way in the wet! But overall it was good fun and new job being a safety car, have to worry about radios and paying attention, not just hooning. So good to try something a little different.

Sam - Saturday last weekend on the dyno, yeah was me. I was also out during the day on Wednesday I think?

B4 I was 250T said:
Will chuck some up tomorrow ;)

:confused:

Very no pic, sooo not seeing pics, much no pics!!

In other news, I now have teh obnoxious choo choo valve!

Or can make it factory super quiet as bro.

GFB make good stuff.

• Admin

Made the mistake of taking it to VTNZ for a WOF, failed on the FMIC so guy wanted a cert done for it for frontal impact something something. Now gotta spend the weekend pulling it all out again to put the TMIC back on to pass the recheck. Can't imagine many mechanic shops doing WOF's would fail it considering all the safety items are still there.

Andy_Mac said:
Made the mistake of taking it to VTNZ for a WOF, failed on the FMIC so guy wanted a cert done for it for frontal impact something something. Now gotta spend the weekend pulling it all out again to put the TMIC back on to pass the recheck. Can't imagine many mechanic shops doing WOF's would fail it considering all the safety items are still there.

Anything cut bumper beam etc?

• Admin
 evowrx said:
Anything cut bumper beam etc?

Na, absolutly nothing. Routed it the way I did to avoid any cutting with the hope it'd pass. WOF guy pretty much said he thought it looked allgood but wanted a cert guy to give it a quick look and write something on the sheet saying it was sweet. As expected the cert guy said **** that, that'll be $550