Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Picked up a set of STi 16's for a pretty good price, only thing is someone who's had them in the past painted over silver- gold is flaking through as the silver peels,
Any ideas on how to remove the top layer? I was thinking sanding block?  or thinners? Don't want to damage the gold underneath haha

Pulled out drivers headlight, swapped internals with working headlight leveling motor. Reinstalled, need to set angles for the headlight... Le sigh.

Ripped out the crappy airhorns and wired in a set of stelthily hidden sharptones. Christ they are loud. Good, as the air horns failed yesterday as some f**kwit in a silver xt foz pulled out infront of me at the meadowlands roundabout when I had 3 scouts in the car. Thank gawd I had the new tyres on or i'd be looking for a panelbeater.

Plan tomorrow is to install the new window controller unit, then starting Wednesday stripping the interior to install my sexy as hell blue carpets.

Progress!!!

Need to get camber bolts for both front and rear, install caster bushes at the same time and off for alignment. Hopefully this week, but we will see how funding allows

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KwS said:

Did the plugs on the S401. Not a fun job.

Did you buy the s401 recently? 

38 minutes ago, KwS said:

And a follow up to this, a post on my website. http://www.tasteslikepetrol.net/2016/09/28/s401-spark-plug-replacement/

Its no wonder it ran like a bag of dicks when i got it.

I just saw the photos in that article I was looking at that while it was on trademe I missed out :(

20 hours ago, KwS said:

Lol, I bet you're probably glad to have missed out on it with the neglect it's had. Sadly it's not as it was described, but it's nothing terminal. It'll be back to its rip roaring self again soon. 

oh well atleast its in the clubsub family. i really do want to get an S401. one day lol. will be good to see it when its up and running properly again

Picked it up from macbilt... the cam timing is now fixed and it has vacuum at idle and is running better and generally

being a lot more "normal". They also wired up the idle stepper and fixed a couple of other things around the place.

Al said it would be better to take it to Chris to tune as it needs the whole tune redoing and he would be better

with the motec than them. I'm booked in for the tune next week... fingers and toes crossed than the bores

and bearings are okay. I actually don't think it was detonating when I had it... I did an oil change in a hurry before

taking to them and over filled it a lot... so think that was the cause. Glazed bores seems more likely, but then

the compression is exactly the same on all cylinders and only two of them were rich... so maybe not.

• Like 2

Got Richard Baddock to re-fabricate my cat-back exhaust and install a pacemaker resonator ( the center pipe is virtually a sard exhaust section minus the resonator). amazing job, looks a lot tidier, tucked up better and sounds amazing.  Also did a fresh oil change... mmmm 

255mdmr.jpg

Edited by hunter951
  • Like 3