Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

It's been on the dyno today... needed some work on the exhaust manifold first which was done earlier in the week.

Only problem I have heard so far is that the boost control solenoid wasn't working properly but that was replaced...

Fingers crossed for no more bad news or set backs.

• Like 2

Black interior carpet out, blue in and oh my God its gorgeous.

Pulled the pitch stop out, attacked it with the whiteline kit, now has a new front bushing and spacers inserted into the rear bushing. 

Also replaced the steering rack bushings with whiteline ones (bit of a trend going on here haha)

Won an auction for some v7 sti sedan alloy arms, with ball joints. Pick em up Monday, then in with the anti lift kit too

15 hours ago, loner said:

It's been on the dyno today... needed some work on the exhaust manifold first which was done earlier in the week.

Only problem I have heard so far is that the boost control solenoid wasn't working properly but that was replaced...

Fingers crossed for no more bad news or set backs.

How did it end up going?

26 minutes ago, Munkvy said:

How did it end up going?

He hasn't finished yet, so I still don't know anything! I'm guessing it'll make plenty of power and go really well... but will it still be using a tonne of oil is the question.

1 hour ago, loner said:

307kw @ 23 psi. Apparently no smoke has been seen or smelt so hopefully it will be all good. I will wait until I have seen the oil level before being super happy though.

Nice result - fingers crossed your oil levels are ok!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, loner said:

307kw @ 23 psi. Apparently no smoke has been seen or smelt so hopefully it will be all good. I will wait until I have seen the oil level before being super happy though.

Holy crap that's some power!! Nicely done :) 

On 10/8/2016 at 10:58 PM, kwi_fozze said:

Won an auction for some v7 sti sedan alloy arms, with ball joints. Pick em up Monday, then in with the anti lift kit too

Any benefit of the alloy arms aside from shedding weight? And do they fit the non-STi wagons?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Timmah said:

Any benefit of the alloy arms aside from shedding weight? And do they fit the non-STi wagons?

From what I remember being told the allow arms are more ridged. Not sure about fit. I'm sure  the legacy ones can be swapped around no problem

• Like 1

Double post, my bad.

Picked up alloy arms today, was gna correct my faux-pas with the steering rack (one spline out, steering wheel is now on the piss) but it was raining and I couldnt be bothered getting soaked

Also, so long as the alloy arms are from the same gen, its a direct swap in replacement aside from the front swaybar endlinks

Edited by kwi_fozze

Put a snorkel on my mates Hilux over the weekend 

20161008_141955_zpsybxhwwf3.jpg

Covered the turbo intake (last thing you want is S*** going down and getting munched by the turbo)

20161008_142159_zpskrrqveu6.jpg

One of the 6 mounting points was not tapped so had to bust out the tap and die set

20161008_144414_zpsmnnmebe4.jpg

20161008_173813_zpsgwvyyfto.jpg

20161008_163428_zpsvmylydzb.jpg

Took a while to find the balls to cut the guard - Used a 95mm bi-metal hole saw which went through the guard like a hot knife through butter

Screenshot_2016-10-08-16-53-52_zpsamja5k

20161008_163849_zpspi2vpddj.jpg

20161008_164635_zps8fjtxtbp.jpg

Took us like another hour to mark out the damn mounting points and to man up and drill them lol

20161008_175543_zpsxy2br2fg.jpg

20161008_180218_zps19vsgfb3.jpg

Rust protection time 

20161008_190943_zpsicl8mh3o.jpg

Not pretty - but its covered anyway 

20161008_191956_zpsabrr7hlm.jpg

And job done! 

20161009_123949_zpspdafwyzo.jpg

20161008_212754_zpszl7n6gls.jpg

Things you can't see: S*** tonne of silicone sealing the snorkel to the airbox and rust protection paint on the inside of the guard 

And a pic of my beast :)

20161008_124621_zps3j7qu96e.jpg

• Like 4

• Admin
9 hours ago, loner said:

Drove it and didn't use any oil. 

That's got to feel good man. Having been down the seemingly-never-ending-oh-god-what-have-I-done road before, I know how awesome it must be to have it sorted.

EDIT: I got 2 years of very enjoyable motoring out of mine before it had another significant issue, hope you get at least the same from yours :)

8 minutes ago, boon said:

That's got to feel good man. Having been down the seemingly-never-ending-oh-god-what-have-I-done road before, I know how awesome it must be to have it sorted.

EDIT: I got 2 years of very enjoyable motoring out of mine before it had another significant issue, hope you get at least the same from yours :)

It feels good, but I haven't adjusted yet. I'm like a long term prisoner on release day :)

• Like 1

Entered it into it's first sprint! The entry list has been full for a couple of weeks, so I am on the reserve list... but I'm number three on that list so think my chances are pretty good.

edit: If I don't do well I have an old dyno plot ready to show I only have 195kw... I learned that trick from Viv. Thanks Viv.

Edited by loner
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, loner said:

Entered it into it's first sprint! The entry list has been full for a couple of weeks, so I am on the reserve list... but I'm number three on that list so think my chances are pretty good.

edit: If I don't do well I have an old dyno plot ready to show I only have 195kw... I learned that trick from Viv. Thanks Viv.

Mint. Weve got our sights set on the annual ruakaka street sprint in 6 months so planning to have car finished by then. Then well find out all about competing in local motorsport. Theyve added a few tarseal events of late which is good.

• Like 2