Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Today, I finally changed the gearbox oil after having it sitting in my passengers footwell for too long.  - also discovered a chip on the INSIDE of my passengers side headlight; I'm not even sure how that's possible- so straight on subaruspeed to order one lol. 120(incl shipping) later, ans that should be here sometime this week.
Oh, Thumbs up to the person at eastgate who revved their legacy at me while I was waiting outside tank. (I was wearing the clubsub shirt) Made the day.

9 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Brand spanking new HKS ES Premium Ti Limited exhaust system ;)

PS: for some reason cannot get rid of the quotes if posting on mobile, hence the meaningless post above.

I had a bit of trouble deleting quotes on mobile also - I did eventually get rid of it but can't remember how 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Percy said:

Finally got my new RE-003's back on the car, now with added blueness, mainly cos the new wheel didn't match the old wheels, and we can't have that!

POPROVU.jpg

We are (were) almost twins.... same wheels, I removed my plasti dip on Saturday, almost same roof rack (i've two thule carriers and whispbar bars), i've clear side repeaters, you've smoked... never realized how similar :o

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thewabbit1 said:

We are (were) almost twins.... same wheels, I removed my plasti dip on Saturday, almost same roof rack (i've two thule carriers and whispbar bars), i've clear side repeaters, you've smoked... never realized how similar :o

I have noticed how similar our cars are!

I would like some whispbars, the old Thule square bars are kinda noisy!

23 minutes ago, Percy said:

I have noticed how similar our cars are!

I would like some whispbars, the old Thule square bars are kinda noisy!

Get some Thule wing bars and use them with your existing foot pack - will be cheaper than getting whispbars + fitting kit.

Downside: you won't be able to lock them.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Get some Thule wing bars and use them with your existing foot pack - will be cheaper than getting whispbars + fitting kit.

Downside: you won't be able to lock them.

and you could get them all keyed the same, i have three different keys, one for each piece, EDIT: if you could lock them -facepalm-

Just now, thewabbit1 said:

and you could get them all keyed the same, i have three different keys, one for each piece

I clarify myself. 

Percy has older style non-lockable foot pack (4900 if I remember correctly) which is fine when you pair it with square or aero bars as those can have lockable end caps (and that's what he got at the moment). Newer wing bars do not come with lockable end caps at all, only foot packs are lockable (753,754, 757 for example).  

39 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

I clarify myself. 

Percy has older style non-lockable foot pack (4900 if I remember correctly) which is fine when you pair it with square or aero bars as those can have lockable end caps (and that's what he got at the moment). Newer wing bars do not come with lockable end caps at all, only foot packs are lockable (753,754, 757 for example).  

Locking them is rather handy when a bike is up there, one day I'll invest in the whole whispbar kit and kaboodle.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

They are not as secure as you might think ;)

Didn't stop me of easily selling a few on TM :D

No way do i trust the carrier to 'lock' the bike. If you wanted to take my bike(s) off my roof, you'd be walking off with the bike chained (cabled) to each other and to the roof bars

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Where did you get it from?

Redline. Think they only had one in stock. Also looks like they had absolutely no clue that they were selling a more expensive Ti Limited version, was a nice surprise when I opened the box at home :D

PS: Fujitsubo will be up for sale soon.

15 minutes ago, ADIKT said:

True but at the end of the day it is up to the customer

Yep but id rather be getting a car tuned that tuner deems tune worthy. I feel you would get a better result as theyre used to that approach. Bit of a trick to tuning subarus...

went for a wheel alignment today; turns out I've bent something when I hit the curb, 1.5 degrees of caster on one side lol; so I've bought some control arms- just have to wait for the seller to let me know where he is so I can go and get them. That and the Tie rod end was seized up (and the nut rounded) (thereby unadjustable) so will get it back on the lift tomorrow and apply heat-guys at bridgestone by westgate seemed like good chaps, easy to deal with. so hopefully this week doesn't get more expensive than a headlight and a control arm haha

57 minutes ago, ADIKT said:

Ouch but look forward to seeing how the new turbo goes. Thought about holset?

Yeah talked to Murch a while back and he didn't think a holset would match my sinco extractors.  I went for a GT3582R as it was the simplest option at this stage (only needing to change downpipe from old 4 bolt to v band). When the time comes for an engine rebuild I'll go for a twin scroll setup.