Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

53 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Used a claybar for the first time ever, what a goddamm difference. Not sure why i've never bothered before

Amazing how much crap it picks up off a seemingly clean car :) Have you performed a plastic bag check afterwards?

Found her a proper set of GRB Brembos :)

• Admin
5 hours ago, loner said:

What the labour component and how many hours?

The club should start a database of all professionally performed work done around the county to get an idea of where

the mechanics are slow and fast.

Breakdown:

Labour - 5h @ $89 = $445  (replace steering rack bushes, strip engine bay, lift engine, replace gaskets, reassemble & clean, align headlights)

Steering Rack Bushes - $68

Rocker Cover kit - $135.48

Total (incl. GST, shipping and materials) = $761

• Admin
46 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Amazing how much crap it picks up off a seemingly clean car :) Have you performed a plastic bag check afterwards?

Found her a proper set of GRB Brembos :)

Na. Whats the plastic bag check?

What was wrong with the old ones. Didn't you manage to get them fitting in the end?

36 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Na. Whats the plastic bag check?

What was wrong with the old ones. Didn't you manage to get them fitting in the end?

Put your hand inside a plastic bag and have a feel of the paintwork - usually do before and after, reveals lots of surface crap which you don't really feel with a bare hand.

Brembo comment should've gone as a separate message, clever forum combines consecutive posts :/. Anyway, the rears do fit, with the brackets but are offset too much and pads do not cover the disc completely. GRB Brembos are straight bolt-on, no brackets, no drum inserts too as the handbrake is the same diameter as STI

17 minutes ago, willisnz said:

What did you get?

This is the usual set up I go for because its cheap and it does exactly what I want (except for the amp - I usually go for an earthquake amp but it was out of stock everywhere) 

1x Pioneer GM-D9601 Mono Amp - 24000w max @ 1ohm - 1200wrms @ 1ohm (I'll be running my setup on 1ohm) 

2x cheap 12" Pioneer TS-W311D4 subs (4ohm Dual voice coil) (1400w max - 400wrms each)

1x cheap set of pioneer components for the front doors TS-G1605C 

1x 4gauge kicker amp wiring kit (their wiring kits are so nice - some of the best wiring I've used) 

I have an existing pair of jvc coax 6.5's for the rear doors that I have had sitting around for a while 

This will all be running off the factory headunit initially (kenwood unit) 

• General Member
7 minutes ago, ADIKT said:

This is the usual set up I go for because its cheap and it does exactly what I want (except for the amp - I usually go for an earthquake amp but it was out of stock everywhere) 

1x Pioneer GM-D9601 Mono Amp - 24000w max @ 1ohm - 1200wrms @ 1ohm (I'll be running my setup on 1ohm) 

2x cheap 12" Pioneer TS-W311D4 subs (4ohm Dual voice coil) (1400w max - 400wrms each)

1x cheap set of pioneer components for the front doors TS-G1605C 

1x 4gauge kicker amp wiring kit (their wiring kits are so nice - some of the best wiring I've used) 

I have an existing pair of jvc coax 6.5's for the rear doors that I have had sitting around for a while 

This will all be running off the factory headunit initially (kenwood unit) 

Whats that cost approx if you dont mind me asking? I know how to install stuff but dont really know (or care tbh) whats really good. I just want a nice sound.

9 minutes ago, Johnnynz said:

Whats that cost approx if you dont mind me asking? I know how to install stuff but dont really know (or care tbh) whats really good. I just want a nice sound.

1x Pioneer GM-D9601 Mono Amp - $350 

2x cheap 12" Pioneer TS-W311D4 subs WITH box - $250 

1x set pioneer components TS-G1605C - $76

1x 4gauge kicker amp wiring kit - $129

The subs and amp are a pretty good match number wise so shouldn't have any issues finding the rattles in my car

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ADIKT said:

1x Pioneer GM-D9601 Mono Amp - $350 

2x cheap 12" Pioneer TS-W311D4 subs WITH box - $250 

1x set pioneer components TS-G1605C - $76

1x 4gauge kicker amp wiring kit - $129

The subs and amp are a pretty good match number wise so shouldn't have any issues finding the rattles in my car

Wow that is cheaper than my sub and amp 

14 hours ago, ADIKT said:

What do you have? You are more than welcome to see how it sounds in a couple weeks when I've had time  to chuck it all in

Would be good to hear it 

I have 

ROCKFORD FOSGATE R500X1D PRIME SERIES AMP MONOBLOCK 500W RMS
R500X1D PRIME SERIES AMP MONOBLOCK 500W RMS

HYPER DRIVE SB15 SEALED 15" SUB BOX
SB15 SEALED 15" SUB BOX

HYPER DRIVE AK8 AMP WIRING KIT 1000W
AK8 AMP WIRING KIT 1000W

ROCKFORD FOSGATE P1S4-15 PUNCH SERIES 15" SVC 4 OHM 250RMS
P1S4-15 PUNCH SERIES 15" SVC 4 OHM 250RMS

• Like 1

Did a compression check on the engine I'm going to put in my lepracy. got the All clear so now I've gotta strip some more parts from it, clean the block (motor came from a burnt out shell) and then start reassembling all the bolt on parts. Can't wait to finally put it in the hole