Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

got bored while driving in auckland traffic and taught myself how to rev match to change gears, so If anyone actually knows more about this- rev matching works within range of any set of 1k revs, right? I've only changed using the 2-3k range, and then a little testing of the 3-4k range. But I assume it can be done using higher RPMS? Not that I really want to try- just curious as to the theory behind it

• Admin
7 minutes ago, 94 Leone said:

got bored while driving in auckland traffic and taught myself how to rev match to change gears, so If anyone actually knows more about this- rev matching works within range of any set of 1k revs, right? I've only changed using the 2-3k range, and then a little testing of the 3-4k range. But I assume it can be done using higher RPMS? Not that I really want to try- just curious as to the theory behind it

It can be used at what ever revs you're at. I've rev matched from 4-7 as an example. 

On the BG Changed the front and rear diff fluid, changed the front diff drain plug to a zerosports number, fixed up passenger side steering rack bush as I can't have installed it properly the first time as it had a small kink in it. Also discovered a split outer cv boot. Still need to do an oil change, might have to sort that after dinner.

Replaced the ignition barrel in my forester. Probably the most horrible task I've ever done. I have no idea how you're meant to remove the recessed keyless screws, but the way I did it surely isn't the recommended way. I don't think I've ever yelled and sworn at a car as much.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Where did you get these from. Would love some for Legacy

eBay. Plenty of options out there. OEM tend to be a bit more expensive but there are cheaper options out there. Try searching "subaru awd badge" for starters.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Zero/Sports World League to be precise ;) Awesome quality stuff, had the same set-up for a BL5.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/zero-sports-world-league-catback-exhaust-muffler.html

oh awesome. I've got the exact same one at home (hence why I recognised it). Glad to hear it sounds great. it's what I'll be using on the RA once I've finished my twinscroll conversion.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

is that a zerosports exhaust?

yup, full stainless steel, from turbo I have an HKS downpipe which goes straight into this system, sounds really good, nice volume, not tinny at all, deep subaru noise. not droany at all like the previous exhuast

• Admin
4 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

yup, full stainless steel, from turbo I have an HKS downpipe which goes straight into this system, sounds really good, nice volume, not tinny at all, deep subaru noise. not droany at all like the previous exhuast

If you could, do you think you could get a video of what it sounds like? 

• Like 1

• Admin

Had a bit of spare time so had another crack at getting the tablet and HU to play nice with each other. Stangely they did almost instantly. Spent hours previously with no luck.

So can now finally run spotify through the tablet and not have to fluff around with the phone. Good times.

C0453864-FCCA-4F50-8887-3E82F281998E_zps

98962133-9E92-40B5-AF29-67CBEB8B6AD1_zps

Also had a go in one of these little suckers today. Damn good fun. Would get one for sure if money and time played a little more in my favour

F2592CF0-A58E-4ACE-BD9C-D69B9488C7E4_zps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Decided the chrome had to go on the front of the legacy, never liked the chrome that car makers seem to plaster all over the front grills now days.

So off it came and a few coats with plasti dip came up really well!

Looks good, was thinking of plastidipping mine too but then managed to score a proper mesh grille.