Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

Soooo, it's alive! Sorta :/ It idles rough as guts, doesn't want to drive up the street properly and dies sometimes. but it runs! 

Video is in the link below. After this shot was taken, I've tidied up a bit and put the MAF on as well as get the power steering pump whine gone too. 

Discovered the mid-pipe doesn't match up to the downpipe. 

So with the other little things making it not be 100% there yet, I've put it on a tow truck to Ajay aka @Subirex Automotive to be finished, tidied up and 100% running.

End of the day, I'm an amateur and he's the professional, so he's the man for the job. 

https://goo.gl/photos/QCZtwVDjoVbeLcgw7

• Like 4

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Soooo, it's alive! Sorta :/ It idles rough as guts, doesn't want to drive up the street properly and dies sometimes. but it runs! 

Video is in the link below. After this shot was taken, I've tidied up a bit and put the MAF on as well as get the power steering pump whine gone too. 

Discovered the mid-pipe doesn't match up to the downpipe. 

So with the other little things making it not be 100% there yet, I've put it on a tow truck to Ajay aka @Subirex Automotive to be finished, tidied up and 100% running.

End of the day, I'm an amateur and he's the professional, so he's the man for the job. 

https://goo.gl/photos/QCZtwVDjoVbeLcgw7

Awesome! So keen to see this back on the street.

• Like 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, GC8E2DD said:

What are you using for a heat shield?

Foooor the Turbo? Still yet to figure that out. Probably going to get some nice reflective tape, put on areas needed, then also fashion up a metal headshield.

As for headers, they've got the factory heatshielding.

Yes, I mean the turbo. Do you still have your factory heat shield? The top bracket should fit. The wastegate actuator is too far canted over the side (compared to VF24/28/29) to fit the actual shield, but it could be bent around. Not sure how the turbo bracket side mounting lines up; if at all. Trying to decide what to do myself.

• Admin
55 minutes ago, GC8E2DD said:

Yes, I mean the turbo. Do you still have your factory heat shield? The top bracket should fit. The wastegate actuator is too far canted over the side (compared to VF24/28/29) to fit the actual shield, but it could be bent around. Not sure how the turbo bracket side mounting lines up; if at all. Trying to decide what to do myself.

Hmmm, probably the best and easiest way is a turbo beanie. I say that because

1. Finding a factory headshield = bastard

2. good price

I don't have the factory twin scroll heat shield. I tried fitting a factory single scroll one but that was a bunch of nope and would never fit without lots of bending and cutting.

• Like 1

I didn't think it would take that much cutting or bending on a single scroll shield; depending whether the shield was already widened at the rear for an aftermarket downpipe. The main issues looked like making a gap for the wastegate actuator and somehow locating the bottom of the long side that goes alongside the power steering lines onto the turbo bracket. Maybe blanket is easiest.

Bought a "new" rear garnish for my BH for $20, it had almost been completely snapped in the half by the previous owner, a little bit of Loctite 401 and an hour sanding it with 800, 1200 and 2000 grit got it all smooth again, then some clear coat and it was back to being all shiny and newish looking :D

3 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Bought a "new" rear garnish for my BH for $20, it had almost been completely snapped in the half by the previous owner, a little bit of Loctite 401 and an hour sanding it with 800, 1200 and 2000 grit got it all smooth again, then some clear coat and it was back to being all shiny and newish looking :D

Saw BH and 401. forced to read full post. 

• Like 3

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:02 PM, Dairusire said:

Yeah I did indeed :(

Really gutted because those fronts came out really good. 

I can't remember if I put a photo o

Up here. However basically the metal on the bottom of the seats has fractured where the mountings are from rails. Essentially making them useless. 

Been doing some research into seat bases as my drivers seat is cracked also..

Seat base is available from various suppliers ex japan..Metal pan only..

Old / new stock us$55 plus freight..

Looking to order one shortly to see if it can be done..

Or you can buy complete new seats for us$2400..Each..

• Like 1

• Admin
19 minutes ago, pedro said:

Been doing some research into seat bases as my drivers seat is cracked also..

Seat base is available from various suppliers ex japan..Metal pan only..

Old / new stock us$55 plus freight..

Looking to order one shortly to see if it can be done..

Or you can buy complete new seats for us$2400..Each..

If you make and order to replace yours I'll get in on that too. Saves shipping costs 

Replaced my O2 sensor today, was pretty straight forward however I'm not overly happy with the placement of the plug, now to just replace the knock sensor and the car will be back to the way it was, on a side note, where do I get vacuum lines? What size do I need and how much do I need to redo all the vacuum lines as they're quite brittle

1 hour ago, Invisible said:

Ah so you did go for it :) 
Once I got used to it, I can't imagine having a car without it! So useful

Yeah man decided to give a go as I wasn't really convinced that cheap eBay&co  stuff will work properly. Gotta love all the features and how adjustable it is. 

Thank you and for the feedback on yours, made me pull the trigger :)

• Like 2