Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

I backed into my RA today 😑

I was running on 3 hours sleep and sleep deprivation stops me from functioning. /me sighs. 

One more thing to fix. 

Oh and the clutch master cylinder decided to take a crap and stopped working too. Had to drive 6km back to my house with no clutch through urban streets in traffic. That was a rather difficult and long drive... 

• Like 1

• Subscribed Member
1 hour ago, Dairusire said:

I backed into my RA today 😑

I was running on 3 hours sleep and sleep deprivation stops me from functioning. /me sighs. 

One more thing to fix. 

Oh and the clutch master cylinder decided to take a crap and stopped working too. Had to drive 6km back to my house with no clutch through urban streets in traffic. That was a rather difficult and long drive... 

Ouch :(

A mate helped me build a oil catch can for the rally car today, one more thing ticked off the list.

pPTzits.jpg?1

9 hours ago, Technikhaus said:

Ouch :(

A mate helped me build a oil catch can for the rally car today, one more thing ticked off the list.

pPTzits.jpg?1

I have been thinking about catch cans and venting of late..

Mine has both rocker covers and the crankcase venting into  the can similar to yours..

With a small filter for the breather on top..

The question ?..Is the hole that it vents out large enough given that the can is receiving 3X the volume of the outlet..

Should the vent hole and filter be equal to the combined I/D of the 3 hoses ?

Or is the can getting the air in pulses and is thus adequate ?

3 minutes ago, Technikhaus said:

I was thinking similar at one point, but then when you when about it, from factory it all vents into one spot from factory, don't they?

They vent into the inlet manifold I believe..

The cam covers join together and then go to manifold through one inlet and the cases vent to another inlet..

This may be wrong..I will check..

29 minutes ago, pedro said:

They vent into the inlet manifold I believe..

The cam covers join together and then go to manifold through one inlet and the cases vent to another inlet..

This may be wrong..I will check..

On my BPE the PCV valve connects to the inlet manifold and the crankcase connects to the black intake box at the top rear of the engine AFAIR.

Probably different for each model anyway.

So the prodrive 18s were unfixable! says arrow wheels - every wheel buckled + dented in and out (thought only 1 needed repair)

Lucky the guy I bought them off was happy for me to return them

Grabbed these instead - Similar to ROTA GRID wheels but with a better offset for subaru (sits inside the guard rather than sticking out)

Getting Arrow to repaint them tomorrow (same colour as they are or black - havnt decided) 

9rivy9.jpg

3 hours ago, THUNDA said:

So the prodrive 18s were unfixable! says arrow wheels - every wheel buckled + dented in and out (thought only 1 needed repair)

Are those the same ones that were on TM just recently?

They're like less than $1500 new or something like that, not really Prodrive as we all know and expect, not forged or anything.

17 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Are those the same ones that were on TM just recently?

They're like less than $1500 new or something like that, not really Prodrive as we all know and expect, not forged or anything.

The prodrive 18s ? yes they were on trademe

if they are only 1500 new PLEASE link me!

I put new tyres on the rims I go instead of the prodrive golds - and now i dont even like the wheels! ARRRRRRG

i Just want the gold prodrive 18s !!!! 

Edited by THUNDA

22 hours ago, THUNDA said:

Lucky the guy I bought them off was happy for me to return them

Grabbed these instead - Similar to ROTA GRID wheels but with a better offset for subaru (sits inside the guard rather than sticking out)

Getting Arrow to repaint them tomorrow (same colour as they are or black - havnt decided) 

9rivy9.jpg

They look similar to what @evowrx has on his.

drifteks?

1 hour ago, ADIKT said:

They look similar to what @evowrx has on his.

drifteks?

No idea - got rubber put on them today - think they look too small imo (17") will wait to try them on my RS before I go ahead with painting them, if they dont suit ill get them painted and sell them on trademe for what theyve cost me (so far $940 with rubber)

4 hours ago, THUNDA said:

The prodrive 18s ? yes they were on trademe

if they are only 1500 new PLEASE link me!

I put new tyres on the rims I go instead of the prodrive golds - and now i dont even like the wheels! ARRRRRRG

i Just want the gold prodrive 18s !!!! 

Prodrive GT1, cannot find them now but was one of those big tyre/rim places.

Have a set of GC-07C forged Prodrives in British Gold I can part with ;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Prodrive GT1, cannot find them now but was one of those big tyre/rim places.

Have a set of GC-07C forged Prodrives in British Gold I can part with ;)

Ive enquired at hyper tyre (or hyper drive cant remember)

if i dont hear back from them ill just order the ones in the UK- i cant wait

I have this OCD thing about wheels - I like buying them but more often than not they are not good enough lol :B 

Yeah Good
17141157_10208233843392710_266370669_n.j

And I made a thing:

17124895_10208233968515838_1188965609_n.

My handwriting is terrible, worse when I try make it block letters.
But if you don't already- having a book to write when you did a service, what you did.
how many k's, maintenance etc. really handy tool.

• Like 1