Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

14 minutes ago, B4 I was 250T said:

F'cked her up. Okay, it was yesterday. Front bumpers smashed to s**t, bonnets folded up, radiator support pushed back, left headlights rooted. Can't open bonnet at this point so unsure of any other damage. Anyone know if when the write cars off whether you can scavenge parts off them first?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1894411184136436&set=a.1386981771546049.1073741827.100007027183818&type=3&theater

cant see photo

• Like 1

• Admin
13 minutes ago, B4 I was 250T said:

F'cked her up. Okay, it was yesterday. Front bumpers smashed to s**t, bonnets folded up, radiator support pushed back, left headlights rooted. Can't open bonnet at this point so unsure of any other damage. Anyone know if when the write cars off whether you can scavenge parts off them first?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1894411184136436&set=a.1386981771546049.1073741827.100007027183818&type=3&theater

Damn, that's no good.
Can't see pic due to privacy settings.

Some places will let you swap parts out back to factory etc.
I was given the option to take my headunit out if I could put the old one back in when I wrote of my Toyota.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, B4 I was 250T said:

As per above cant see, but just reading that sounds S*** mate!

35 minutes ago, B4 I was 250T said:

OMF0IM.jpg

:( What happened? 

From that picture it might not be a write off, can't really tell if there are any ripples in the frame from that pic. Depends on the value it is insured for though I guess. Did you drive it home?

1 hour ago, B4 I was 250T said:

OMF0IM.jpg

Looks  a lot like the damage the wife did to her workmates B4 (and her Mazda on an earlier occasion). Bonnet wasn't as damage, but the rest looks very similar. He needed a new bonnet and bumper. I think between the damage to his car and his mums car was about 4k all up.

As long as the chassis is ok I would think it would  be a reasonably easy and not overly expensive repair

• Like 1

A few bits arrived from Japan.

Blitz AC filter, had the same one put in 3.0R and was pretty happy how it performed. And no, it's not THAT much more expensive than one from Repco and certainly cheaper than a silly genuine filter from a dealership. 

33217753400_e6b6d61196_b.jpg

33217753740_1a98b44374_b.jpg

That's what I had in the car, no idea when it was last replaced (NZ new, one owner car always serviced at a dealership mind you...)

33217751650_576d9c488a_b.jpg

Delicious... used to be white too...

33560370116_6a97a5f49a_b.jpg

Ohh... and something else arrived at the same time :)

33560370696_beb4842f88_b.jpg

• Like 1

On 20 March 2017 at 9:22 PM, Disruptz said:

Well,.. today I received a letter from subaru for a safety recall notification regarding the takata airbags. hmm. Just purchased a cambelt kit for the hatch, looks like a weekend job :D 

What model Subaru do you have? Presumably nz new? Not sure what if anything they will do about imported cars

• Admin

So I picked up some motivation to actually fix my RA once again and get it rolling. 

Turns out the battery is completely flat too. but it's still under warranty so @Zenki is going to have it replaced tomorrow :)

SO, as the clutch master decided to pack a sad... I pulled out the entire old clutch setup and replaced it with a newer GDB setup for Version 10 STi. 

In the photo they're both in the same place you'd mount them however the way the lines run is completely different! Much easier to bleed a GDB clutch than GC8 that's for sure! 

Up top is the new V10 STi one and bottom is Version 5 STi.

mpeBwDy.jpg?1

• Like 1

Installed Link MAC solenoid boost controlling valve yesterday, forgot the factory solenoid itself was the plug, so didn't wire it up as intended, but still got to break out the soldering iron. for the Mac valve side connections. Good old spade connectors. Booked for a Tune next month (the week before megameet) So, running wastegate pressure atm, as I don't want to run a restrictor pill. But it holds solid as so far, which is good. 

17409898_10208386857617970_1270839716_n.

• Like 2

Soooo, today:

Pulled exhaust apart. Shoved gasket into Vbanded genome ( attached to a modified redline 3inch ss turbo back)

Seperated joints, sealed gaskets with goop, reassembled.

Installed whiteline rear outrigger support lock washers

Installed whiteline positive shift kit (hoooooooly crap that made a HUGE difference to shifts)

Saw my trans mount is a bit sad, writing list for next round of mods.

Sold my "jinyu1 h-kiss ss que vee" bov for a set of alloy rear control arms.

Bought red top 6 speed shift knob

More tinkering with the speed density tune, the latest revision of the tune needs a LOT more work than the old ones. More logging to do.

In conversation with "torqued performance" for an e-tune, lets see how this goes. Busy busy day, very rewarding

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Soooo, today:

Pulled exhaust apart. Shoved gasket into Vbanded genome ( attached to a modified redline 3inch ss turbo back)

Seperated joints, sealed gaskets with goop, reassembled.

Installed whiteline rear outrigger support lock washers

Installed whiteline positive shift kit (hoooooooly crap that made a HUGE difference to shifts)

Saw my trans mount is a bit sad, writing list for next round of mods.

Sold my "jinyu1 h-kiss ss que vee" bov for a set of alloy rear control arms.

Bought red top 6 speed shift knob

More tinkering with the speed density tune, the latest revision of the tune needs a LOT more work than the old ones. More logging to do.

In conversation with "torqued performance" for an e-tune, lets see how this goes. Busy busy day, very rewarding

Keen to hear how your Genome sounds! I've got one sitting in the garage ready to have Vband clamps added so I can swap between it and the factory muffler if i want 100% silence.

Its raspy as all hell on boost. Off boost its quiet and sedate. Polite, almost. Get her on song tho.... Lol

Oh, also installed an oven at a mates place, and currently shopping for moar bushing goodness.... Do I really need solid (cusco or similar) engine and trans bushes? Probably not. Do I want em? Does a bear crap in the woods? Lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Discovered that JDM HKS charge pipe will not bloody fit NZDM Legacy :|

Reason: JDM have electronic power steering, NZ/AU/EU/USDM have hydraulic power steering and consequently an extra pulley that get's in a way.

Good for me thanks!!

• Like 2