Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

Well - I was lucky enough to pick up my 'dream Subaru' the other day - won't reveal what it is just yet but you'll see she needs some immediate attention, namely a date with the tyre shop. The first thing I did was put @max.'s old Whiteline kit on it.

17760804_10154583300456139_835071265090917880235_10154583300451139_531029448629717758661_10154583300446139_734998571631117855236_10154583300696139_812346955110317814205_10154583300711139_622637944854617855057_10154583300856139_3016978590020

Did I install this correctly? Hard to tell from Google Photos. Any advice is appreciated.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, RaKid said:

Well - I was lucky enough to pick up my 'dream Subaru' the other day - won't reveal what it is just yet but you'll see she needs some immediate attention, namely a date with the tyre shop. The first thing I did was put @max.'s old Whiteline kit on it.

Did I install this correctly? Hard to tell from Google Photos. Any advice is appreciated.

It's got WR Blue on the body work in the first photo, 2 pot rears, and an R180 rear diff... So it's gotta be a WRX STi Type RA or Type R :P Version 5 or 6 haha.

• Like 3

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

It's got WR Blue on the body work in the first photo, 2 pot rears, and an R180 rear diff... So it's gotta be a WRX STi Type RA or Type R :P Version 5 or 6 haha.

Close - but even better....

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, Dairusire said:

awwww guuuuuumon! 

Haha so close bro 

Just now, mitch8198 said:

wow, one of 2000, special car you've got there man

Thank you bro - I've been looking for 10 years and this is the first one I've seen for sale in 10 years. I wanted the GC8G (V6) one.

• Like 2

• Admin
Just now, Dairusire said:

This quote kinda makes me feel bad about what I've done to my STi Type RA Limited (v5) xD since it's 1 of 1000 hahaha.

@banky took my RA legacy, one of 400 and highly modified it :S - that is a precious car, or was.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

This quote kinda makes me feel bad about what I've done to my STi Type RA Limited (v5) xD since it's 1 of 1000 hahaha.

haha its your car do what you want :P I'd argue the fresh driveline etc improves the desirability of the car, purists can get lost.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RaKid said:

.....first one I've seen for sale in 10 years. I wanted the GC8G (V6) one.

if you dont mind me asking whats special about a the "V6" that makes them so in demand? from what I've read you get a little different exterior trim, remote central locking and here in NZ 12monthly wof's haha

• Admin
12 minutes ago, mitch8198 said:

if you dont mind me asking whats special about a the "V6" that makes them so in demand? from what I've read you get a little different exterior trim, remote central locking and here in NZ 12monthly wof's haha

I was lucky enough to grow up working on my neighbors one. I fell in love with it.

There weren't very many V6's produced in year 2000 from what I understand. I'm also of the understanding the the V-LTD was the very last run of V6's in year 2000 too meaning they were the very last of the GC8 shape produced - happy to be corrected here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RaKid said:

I was lucky enough to grow up working on my neighbors one. I fell in love with it.

There weren't very many V6's produced in year 2000 from what I understand. I'm also of the understanding the the V-LTD was the very last run of V6's in year 2000 too meaning they were the very last of the GC8 shape produced - happy to be corrected here.

You should fully bring your Rs ra to the track man (if you still have it) there will be a few  bc's there :D

Found out on the weekend at superlap that my stock suspension is a bit lacking compared to the grip, braking ability and speed the car currently has.

But still managed to go quicker on street tires than my old sti did. Also found out the water line to the turbo seems to be sucking air somewhere. Thankfully i was told the wrx td04s dont need it and are fine on just oil cooling, so cut the lines and bypassed it instead. Seemed to stop the car overheating.

nullhro5.t2j.jpg
ttspbdku.rx4.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin

Basically just to stop coking from heatsoak in the core... journal bearing is always just going to be the temperature of your oil feed or thereabouts.

For a track car, meh, give it death and when it eventually dies put a bigger one on.

• Like 2

I'd recommend running only oil cooling to anyone going bigger turbo that's a journal bearing; Holset/TD, If it can run with less, run with less. A- less S*** to worry about, B- doesn't need it, C- Cuts down on the amount of S*** you then need in your engine bay. Put a frost plug in the back of the head, remove the header tank and all associated lines which are then no longer needed.

• Like 2