Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

New fuel regs in its semi-temporary spot, should cure the issues that have arisen since putting in the new pump. Only had one major leak too B| 

Seem to have pinched and torn the o-ring for the return line adaptor so providing I can find one tomorrow we should have a properly running car again.

6B715C9C-1255-44F6-990D-634BEB8E6DDB_zps

4DF62A87-C130-4149-A42E-A1079BA21288_zps

• Like 1

Got bolts in the rear exhaust section, and a new gasket...
It sort of fell out-not sure where but pretty sure before the track- note for anyone- Always use spring/split washers.
I sort of blame RAGE for not including enough bolts/gaskets and no washers for the exhaust system.
But I was also really lazy, it's algood now.

Also picked up a DEFI controller and a couple of gauges(water temp and boost incl sensors) for $250, I have all the sensors- so just looking out for an oil pressure and temperature gauge if anyone has em.
And daisy chain cables to go with it would be ideal. don't need sensors. though I think the controller I have is a different version to the one that was originally in the car as there is a weird 3 pin plug- have yet to trace it it appears to have female connections, maybe like it was an extension?
Currently away from car for the week so can't get pictures to elaborate.

Hey all, 

cleaned the grime build build up off the steering wheel to make it look a bit nicer. Only something small 

IMG_0764_zps8wctplll.jpg

As well as re painting the metal trim and conditioning the rubbers. 

18254158_10155028539790590_747137728_n_z

18197684_10155028539735590_507034589_n_z

• Like 2

Going to pull the trigger on some Tein Flex Street adjustable coilovers for my STi shortly, also debating wether to get this private plate or not...
500bcef7016e7af266e1f6aee747a797.png
Only issue I have with private plates is that they're easy to remember.

22 minutes ago, Conducks said:

yep they attract a lot of attention especially from those people who get it. if you do something  like a hard pull or whatever you gotta take extra care of where you are / who might see or be filming you and worst of all, as obvious as it may be to you, there are a S*** tonne of people that simply do not get what the plate is trying to say and so you'll have to deal with all the "what does it mean" questions. really did think mine was super obvious but you'll be surprised at what people come up with lol

• Like 2

On 5/2/2017 at 0:10 PM, Conducks said:

Going to pull the trigger on some Tein Flex Street adjustable coilovers for my STi shortly, also debating wether to get this private plate or not...

It almost says dodgey backwards lol :P well its DOGJE backwards but meh close enough :) 

Found out from my insurance company they don't want to cover me if I change my suspension, even with a certification. So I'm gonna have to leave suspension stock ;-; It's hard getting insurance at 18 for anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Conducks said:

It's hard getting insurance at 18 for anything emoji23.png

HAHA that's utter BS!!!

Easy to get insurance at 18 on a lot of cars, just not brand new or high performance unless you are prepared to pay a lot for it

HAHA that's utter BS!!!

Easy to get insurance at 18 on a lot of cars, just not brand new or high performance unless you are prepared to pay a lot for it

I'm only paying about 600 a year with my car under mum's name and me as a driver but insurance is against it being modified past a point where it effects the car's driving. I've gotten quotes from a bunch of other companies and it's gonna work out to be about 4-5k a year/$90-$100 a week for full cover, which compared to 600 isn't worth it just so I can have adjusties...

9 hours ago, Conducks said:

I'm only paying about 600 a year with my car under mum's name and me as a driver but insurance is against it being modified past a point where it effects the car's driving. I've gotten quotes from a bunch of other companies and it's gonna work out to be about 4-5k a year/$90-$100 a week for full cover, which compared to 600 isn't worth it just so I can have adjusties...

Ah now I understand lol, pretty much nothing you can do about that till you get older and some more insurance history

and it won't just be the insurance company.

do they know it's not really your mum's car they are insuring ?

all those mods on a new car are likely to tear up the factory warranty too.

;)

Edited by newsuba

I dont have any insurance on the RS, but after my next lot of mods I definately will be getting it, already got a hefty insurance bill for ute/mrs car/house/serperate insurance for individual expensive building equipment. The RS is now equip with multiple GPS. tracks perferctly even when deep underground - speed/ign on off/exactl locating down to a few meters/constantly logging :P great investment

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Conducks said:

hmm so they're fine with exhaust / intake mods but not adjustable suspension? what if you opted for non-adjustable suspension something like uprated shocks / lower springs (wouldn't need cert either)

Just now, THUNDA said:

I dont have any insurance on the RS, but after my next lot of mods I definately will be getting it, already got a hefty insurance bill for ute/mrs car/house/serperate insurance for individual expensive building equipment. The RS is now equip with multiple GPS. tracks perferctly even when deep underground - speed/ign on off/exactl locating down to a few meters/constantly logging :P great investment

assuming you're over 25 mate, check out classic cover. i'm with them for around 700/year incl. roadside assist with every single little mod declared and covered for an amount i'm happy with. not as cheap as conducks insurance but i'm assuming thats because his mum would be classified as less of a risk

• Like 1

I forgot what my annual premium for full cover on my STi is; It's not much tbh; think like 130 a month at most.
For an under 25 with a modified car, with it insured to auckland. Car is valued at 23k iirc. so it's okay.
Unlike those of you using your parents for insurance; I started paying my own at 18, so a few years down the track I now have a good record with 
my insurance company, and my premiums drop. also, Clubauto do a defence force discount :D 

• Like 1

and it won't just be the insurance company.
do they know it's not really your mum's car they are insuring ?

all those mods on a new car are likely to tear up the factory warranty too.

I'm listed as a driver, and cat back exhaust doesn't effect warranty. Blow off valve is questionable. Otherwise rest is stock

Fine with the intake and exhaust mods

Haha um mum was calling our broker tomorrow regarding that