Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

How's the hogzaust sound? Don't think i've heard any audio clips of someone trying it with a twinscroll equal length header setup

I personally like it a lot. It sounds really angry (?) and not too droney at 100ks. Are you in Auckland? I'll be at the next meet. If not I'll try get a sound clip soon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Moved the RS off the front lawn and got it back to its usual spot. Had to get the outback to pull it off the small patch of grass and timber lip. Then pushed it in place. Doesn't help that the concrete is wet and slippery.

Now to get it running again!

At least the wife's happy it's not on the lawn. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Conducks said:

All I can say is, F*** possums. Broke my OEM STi front lip and bent my bumper enough to crack the paint under the clear emoji19.png

f825a60bb348a10edf41d10a1e4e485b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been there, done that. Thank god for insurance. Especially when you consider OEM front lip is $1500 + O.o

• Like 1

Went into zebra. Found a hawkeye that had a punt up the arse.

Flogged the center console, Ac controls, all the plastics. Turns out you need the stereo reinfircing bar and the handbrake mech as well. Back to grab that tomorrow. Was going to grab the rear boot linings, as they are a gorgeous black, but they were too far gone from the crash. So I flogged some out of a v8 1.5I wagon.

Got a spare clear indicator, so now I has clears both sides.

Came home, tore my car apart, got the v8 linings into the boot, but they could do with a vacuum.

Got most of the center console swap done, as it was an auto means some hacking is required to make it all fit. But this should look mint when its done

• Like 2

Been there, done that. Thank god for insurance. Especially when you consider OEM front lip is $1500 + 

Bro... I wish it was as simple as insurance. Try make a claim for a 18 year old and it's over $1500 excess hahaha

One of the benefits of being old.... 

I could've had a much slower, cheaper car but I feel that having my car from basically the get go that I've learnt to handle the power. Here's majority of my mates with 2k Corolla's, Courier's, Hondas heck even a Mondeo who've all crashed because they've lost control and I've had basically 280hp+ plus cars since being on my learners and I drive fairly responsibly. Only ever had one ticket and that was for drifting in front of a cop in my STi. Meanwhile mates always say "if I had this car I'd be doing 200kmh everywhere and would've lost my license heaps". Wish i could get that across to insurance

4 minutes ago, Conducks said:

I could've had a much slower, cheaper car but I feel that having my car from basically the get go that I've learnt to handle the power. Here's majority of my mates with 2k Corolla's, Courier's, Hondas heck even a Mondeo who've all crashed because they've lost control and I've had basically 280hp+ plus cars since being on my learners and I drive fairly responsibly. Only ever had one ticket and that was for drifting in front of a cop in my STi. Meanwhile mates always say "if I had this car I'd be doing 200kmh everywhere and would've lost my license heaps". Wish i could get that across to insurance emoji23.png

Good thing will be if you can keep your insurance and drivers license clean till you are 25 (I think that's when you stop paying ridiculous amounts for excess) then you shouldn't have any worries later, as in you have all ready had a high performance car and clean record, discounted insurance premiums over your friends who will still be sky high.

16 minutes ago, willisnz said:

More powerful, but also much better brakes/handling than your mates' cars. Not really an apples-for-apples comparison.

Comparing a WRX to a Mondeo, BAHAHHAHA - its more like comparing apples and lemons! and yes I used to drive a mondeo - the 2.5 lounge suite wagon version.

1 hour ago, Conducks said:

I could've had a much slower, cheaper car but I feel that having my car from basically the get go that I've learnt to handle the power. Here's majority of my mates with 2k Corolla's, Courier's, Hondas heck even a Mondeo who've all crashed because they've lost control and I've had basically 280hp+ plus cars since being on my learners and I drive fairly responsibly. Only ever had one ticket and that was for drifting in front of a cop in my STi. Meanwhile mates always say "if I had this car I'd be doing 200kmh everywhere and would've lost my license heaps". Wish i could get that across to insurance emoji23.png

Being the son of an ex Police crash analyst who got told all his stories from work, it really doesn't matter if you know your car and if you know how to handle it, if you're going to be stupid in it (ie drifting on a public road) you are more likely to crash, the only real difference in being stupid and crashing in a standard corolla or a modified STI is how much there is to clean up 

• Like 1

I don't mean to be a cock but can't help it... Drifting in front of a cop is not what I'd call driving fairly responsibly

Number of tickets incurred does not translate to skill level 

Road was dead empty and he had his lights turned off way down the road but yeah I haven't done any since hahaha

18-the-bullshit-flag-has-been-raised.jpg

I assure you it's not bullshit. Otherwise my parents wouldn't trust me with such a car.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conducks said:

Road was dead empty and he had his lights turned off way down the road but yeah I haven't done any since hahaha

ok good to hear you haven't done it since, i know sometimes people exaggerate such stuff in stories but in any case, you probably don't want to be writing any more about this or other questionable behavior online in future - is easy to trace back your forum name to your real name via instagram and i'm pretty sure any insurance assessor would take a peek for due diligence.

2 hours ago, Conducks said:

'drifting'/sustained loss of traction on street is classed under some street racing section comes with 6 month loss of license, big fine (or jail time) and pretty sure car gets impounded. i'm curious what ticket you got for that? since you mention you got a ticket for that, wouldn't think you would have any luck trying to get anything "across to insurance" that would work in your favor .

• Like 1