• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
Just now, sobanoodle said:

Got a free ride in an ambulance and a stay at the hospital

The car is most likely a write-off

T-boned by someone going through a stop line, mounted a foot path, mowed a section of a retaining wall

Nice day otherwise

F*** that sucks. One of the few good looking 5th gens out there. Take it you're relatively allgood considering you've still got the motivation to come on here.

Did yours have the full blown airbag setup? Makes a goddamn mess when they all go off.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Yeah I'm all good apart from a broken nose and a massive headache, still at the hospital. Airbags only deployed when I hit the wall, initial impact was at the front quarter and wasn't  enough to deploy the sides.

Good to hear you are ok apart form the nose an headache, the body aches will come soon enough. 

Sorry to hear about the car as @Andy_Mac said it was one of only 5th gen that I liked the look of. Hope the recovery is quick. Do you think you'll be able to get soem pics of the damage for us? would be good to see what happens when hit in the side.

• Like 1

• Admin
14 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Yeah I'm all good apart from a broken nose and a massive headache, still at the hospital. Airbags only deployed when I hit the wall, initial impact was at the front quarter and wasn't  enough to deploy the sides.

Glad to hear you're alright man. pricks who don't focus at lights.

• Like 1

Didn't have a chance to take any on the spot as I was running like a headless chicken first and then put in an ambulance. Freaked out massively when the door got completely blocked by a road sign and the car was full of smoke.

It is now at a towies compound which ironically is pretty much across the road from my place...

• Like 4

Alright finally home with a couple of broken bones in the nose, due for an op some time in the next couple of weeks.

On a side note.

Would anyone know if I can remove the car from towies storage yard and get it to my place without upsetting the insurance company too much?   Personally I do not see why not, it is my car after all?

Or yeah, a young Chinese national has not admitted his fault and thinks he was in the right to go over a stop line, such a nice dude! 

• Like 1

Alright finally home with a couple of broken bones in the nose, due for an op some time in the next couple of weeks.

On a side note.
Would anyone know if I can remove the car from towies storage yard and get it to my place without upsetting the insurance company too much?   Personally I do not see why not, it is my car after all?

Or yeah, a young Chinese national has not admitted his fault and thinks he was in the right to go over a stop line, such a nice dude! 

A S I A N D R I V E R S A R E N ' T T H E P R O B L E M
T H E Y S A I D.

Shouldnt be an issue; If they ask why- just say to avoid the towies storage fee.
and their assessors can come to your place to assess damage.

Sent from my Baked potato using Telekinesis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 94 Leone said:

A S I A N D R I V E R S A R E N ' T T H E P R O B L E M
T H E Y S A I D.

Shouldnt be an issue; If they ask why- just say to avoid the towies storage fee.
and their assessors can come to your place to assess damage.

Thought about it too, but towies fees get covered by the insurance anyway, as well as salvage fees. 

i'd insist storage at my house due to the personal gear inside it

and salvage as many mods as possible while it's parked waiting for the assessor, because if they write it off (they normally will for airbag deployment) you cant salvage any mods after the fact

• Like 3

i'd insist storage at my house due to the personal gear inside it

and salvage as many mods as possible while it's parked waiting for the assessor, because if they write it off (they normally will for airbag deployment) you cant salvage any mods after the fact

YEAH HE HIT THE CAR SO HARD THE WHEELS AND TURBO FLEW OFF!!

Sent from my Baked potato using Telekinesis

• Admin

In more positive news. My bastard is working again. Turns out one of the CV bearings had fallen off when the mechanic assembled it hence the super weird behaviour when turning the axle. All sussed now and driving smooth as.

ati gauge holder arrived, gauges mounted, installed.

the issues i was having with the controller not sticking was due to polish, wiped down the mounting areas with a rag soaked in brakleen, stuck really well. overall i'm very happy with it. water temp is being used to monitor oil temp, doesnt worry me so much as if the oil gets up around the 110 degree mark you'd be getting worried, and these have user definable warning limits

DSC_0721_zpsrr9ffwvv.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

T-boned by someone going through a stop line, mounted a foot path, mowed a section of a retaining wall

Gutted to hear mate, good thing you're semi alright.

Where'd this occur?

In regards to Sobanoodle's t-bone, new cars are designed to crumple - my 2015 WRX after someone kindly reversed into it while parked. Door hinges required replacing. Pillar needed to be pulled straight. I barely felt it though. I was sitting in my car at the time

6e5a35dc6573841aaec68c9475c9a8d8.png