Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Fitted a Cosworth air  filter today. The guys on UKLegacy.com seem to like them, and the price ( AUD$65 ) wasn't bad compared to a stock one from Repco. The Poms seem to get better fuel economy with the filter, so I'll be interested to see if it makes a difference for me. I've only had my car ( MY07 Legacy 3.0RB 5EAT wagon, 140,000km ) for nearly 2 months, but since I've had it, it has been averaging 12.4L around town in I mode, and 13.0 in S mode, even though I drive it the same regardless of mode - can't figure that one out.

Also fitted a near new grill I got from a private seller on eBay Australia - mine is shattered and semi held together with a superglue and tape, soon as you touch it or remove it to clean stuff properly it falls apart. Grill cost me AUD$100 + AUD$45 shipping - couldn't find a facelift grill at a wreckers in NZ, too new they all said.

Lastly, got a genuine Subaru rubber cargo mat from Sublab. Not cheap, but cheaper and easier to clean than the carpet.

Just got to get a new glovebox lid / door now cos the ball and chain scratched the hell out of it with the zips and domes on her backpack the other day - not happy!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Turns out the rear end is a bit quieter if you actually pop the axles in properly... Whoops!!

No oil lost, no damage done. Hasnt popped them back out again, which is good. Its still bloody noisy, so I think ima have to pop back down to see @Subirex Automotive to re seat the control arm bushes. Its noisy. Lol

Did you use the sedan axles or the r180 wagon ones in the end?

Edit: Nvm I saw your above post. Did you not shove them all the way into the diff past the clip on the axle?

Just now, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Its fine! Plenty of room. Im running about 2 degrees rear camber though. I'd imagine with 225/235s and less camber you may run In to issues. But it definately fills the guards

Awesome! I'm keen to see some photos on your garage thread.

You are still factory height right? Are you planning on getting some rear camber bolts?

19 minutes ago, IZichard said:

Awesome! I'm keen to see some photos on your garage thread.

You are still factory height right? Are you planning on getting some rear camber bolts?

Got rear camber bolts as im running sti genome rear struts, slightly shorter than factory struts, and needed to correct the camber change of running sedan struts in the wagon

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Get a tune. Will make a night and day difference to performance and fuel economy

I plan to. But who to trust to do it right? Even though he copped a flogging on here, on other forums around the world XRT has had good reviews and results. I haven't seen even an average review of him. The locals by comparison seem to be quite hit and miss regarding people's satisfaction with work done. I'm in Auckland btw.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BMCracer said:

I plan to. But who to trust to do it right? Even though he copped a flogging on here, on other forums around the world XRT has had good reviews and results. I haven't seen even an average review of him. The locals by comparison seem to be quite hit and miss regarding people's satisfaction with work done. I'm in Auckland btw.

Xrt only copped a flogging due to his holier than thou approach. He might be good at what he does I don't know. I can't imagine its rocket science tweaking similar stock tunes to a certain level as compared to something completely fresh.

2 hours ago, evowrx said:

Xrt only copped a flogging due to his holier than thou approach. He might be good at what he does I don't know. I can't imagine its rocket science tweaking similar stock tunes to a certain level as compared to something completely fresh.

I would trust xrt to etune. Seen his work.

And im fussy. 

In Auckland your go to man is @pappu his attention to detail is something else

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

I would trust xrt to etune. Seen his work.

And im fussy. 

In Auckland your go to man is @pappu his attention to detail is something else

That's good to know, because I'm fussy too, very fussy.

Who is / what shop is Pappu? Does he do paintwork as well or only tuning?

Edited by BMCracer

12 minutes ago, BMCracer said:

He's An Lal on fb iirc. Not sure if he's still on here and if so under what name.

21 minutes ago, BMCracer said:

His name is Amit, and he's one of the fussiest tuners i've met. Does road tunes only, and he tunes for drivability and feel, he's not about the numbers, but still gets some crazy numbers. 

https://www.facebook.com/CUSTOMCULTURETUNING/

Dont think they do paint / body work, but worth asking

Sold my Subaru :( good buy sweet legacy 3.0r prince, how i will miss your lovely engine note. Untill I replace it with a wago in a few months that is.

I also replaced the suspension in my suby turbo'd mx5 with adjustable coilovers, sits much better now and should handle significantly better than the stock bilsteins. Keen to get it back on track

swrcmx3t.dl5.jpg

Stock rear, new front
x1jjdrkq.qnd.jpg

• Like 6

Lubed the crap out of the swaybar bushes and control arms.

Swaybar ends damaging solid brake line connection, and scraping on the fuel filler plastic shield. 

Tomorrows plan: cut off the 3Rd tension setting (softest) from the swaybar, shorten the end links (universal links) re tighten the control arms with weight loaded, and check to see I havent busted anything.

For those playing at home:

V7 sti rear control arms use a c shaped swaybar link mounted under the control arm. The v10 endlinks use a balljoint link mounted above the control arm. If converting, you need really short endlinks hahaha

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Lubed the crap out of the swaybar bushes and control arms.

Swaybar ends damaging solid brake line connection, and scraping on the fuel filler plastic shield. 

Tomorrows plan: cut off the 3Rd tension setting (softest) from the swaybar, shorten the end links (universal links) re tighten the control arms with weight loaded, and check to see I havent busted anything.

For those playing at home:

V7 sti rear control arms use a c shaped swaybar link mounted under the control arm. The v10 endlinks use a balljoint link mounted above the control arm. If converting, you need really short endlinks hahaha

Did you use v10 sedan rear arms for the swap? I've read the v10 have a better front arm (in the rear) or something too. Subaru did away with the "taco" design which was heavier and weaker and changed to a rod like the rear arm instead. Perhaps the perfect set up is v10 front arm and v7 rear arm then

Sounds like your sway bar is mad about the swap and taking it out on everything else xD 

16 hours ago, IZichard said:

Did you use v10 sedan rear arms for the swap? I've read the v10 have a better front arm (in the rear) or something too. Subaru did away with the "taco" design which was heavier and weaker and changed to a rod like the rear arm instead. Perhaps the perfect set up is v10 front arm and v7 rear arm then

Sounds like your sway bar is mad about the swap and taking it out on everything else xD 

Yep v10 sedan, alloy arms. They are about 1/4 the weight of the ones that came out too, its great.

But yes, I definately think the swaybar is pissed lol

• Like 1