Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

50 minutes ago, pedro said:

Yes .Keith stewart will be tuning ..

Have got to fit stock headers and modify turbo mount to sit turbo level..

Then modify down pipe to suit..

Then tune for 300whp..

Run it for a while like that and then rebuild engine and run in..

Followed by touchup tune with maybe another 20-30 whp..

Sounds easy...........................

But its not.

Just run it twisted or fitment issues?

Which spec did you end up with?

1 hour ago, pedro said:

Never enough money when you are making changes..

You have made giant strides with the RS..

Cheers - Yeah i can't wait to see what it can do/drive it, it's booked at pbms for its run in + tune on Monday the 28th, fingers crossed it's all ready for street fighters :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evowrx said:

Just run it twisted or fitment issues?

Which spec did you end up with?

Same setup but with an small adaptor from up pipe to turbo to get rid of the angle on turbo so it sits level..

This is to make oil drain easier from core..Tony is going to make it with two flanges etc..

Ended up with Mamba # 001 0041..

Td05 20G 

Comp 52.5/68 GTX 11 blade..

Turbine 49.2/56  12 blade Inconel..

3 inch anti surge housing..

8cm .64 hot side..

Good times..

• Like 2

That's a mean looking inlet cover!

mine has Nearly the same size inlet as the factory td05 16g.

nice price man, wish I knew about these earlier, mine was 1750 for the unit, nice you went 8cm too, I went with the 7cm but wish I went with the 8.

• Admin
33 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

That's a mean looking inlet cover!

mine has Nearly the same size inlet as the factory td05 16g.

nice price man, wish I knew about these earlier, mine was 1750 for the unit, nice you went 8cm too, I went with the 7cm but wish I went with the 8.

Y u no just buy my twisted setup :P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

Where is your build thread? Had a look but must of either missed it or looking in the wrong area

Garage Page 2 "project STI type R etc"

Under Guest name..Should change that to pedro..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boon said:

Y u no just buy my twisted setup :P

keen as man but I'm already 4/5k over budget, gonna sell my rays wheels to help with that but even then I'm still over :( 

my $3,000 Rs will owe me over $25,000 lol. There comes a time in every mans life where he has to draw the line :)

( it sounds like I've drawn the line - but honestly I have no idea I just don't want my mrs complaining I just can't take any more complaining!)

4 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

his redline is like 6k rpm, wouldn't the power band be suuuper short based on the turbo you selling for cars of that gen?

With my new heads my 6k rpm limit is a thing of the past :P 

more like 8k when run in - well I don't wanna get too ahead of myself but I'm hoping for decent increase in all areas really :) 

• Like 3

Swapped adjusties for KYB/King supers, replaced all sway bar links with Whiteline items, installed Goodridge braided lines, cleaned out all the rubbish and washed the thing in the dark after work for a hopeful WOF tomorrow. What a drag

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leufkax said:

Swapped adjusties for KYB/King supers, replaced all sway bar links with Whiteline items, installed Goodridge braided lines, cleaned out all the rubbish and washed the thing in the dark after work for a hopeful WOF tomorrow. What a drag

What do you think of the braided lines? Are they of well-made/good quality? I've been eyeing up a set.

6 minutes ago, IZichard said:

What do you think of the braided lines? Are they of well-made/good quality? I've been eyeing up a set.

I doubt they'll do anything for track times but they feel great on the pedal. They seem okay, back ones were perhaps a little short but that's probably because they're GC8 lines on a BF5.

• Like 1

• Admin
14 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

his redline is like 6k rpm, wouldn't the power band be suuuper short based on the turbo you selling for cars of that gen?

Whoops I was kinda assuming everyone was working with our sweet sweet 8krpm fun.

Yes, 6k redline would give him about 1500rpm of usable power :P

• Admin
17 hours ago, THUNDA said:

keen as man but I'm already 4/5k over budget, gonna sell my rays wheels to help with that but even then I'm still over :( 

You're preaching to the choir here bro lol. 

Taylor Automotive said my block and heads are totally boned and the only thing salvageable out of them is the crank and upper valve train (cam shafts and retainers etc). 

I'd say you're doing well, as I'm 30k deep into an RA that doesn't even have a running fking motor anymore.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dairusire said:

You're preaching to the choir here bro lol. 

Taylor Automotive said my block and heads are totally boned and the only thing salvageable out of them is the crank and upper valve train (cam shafts and retainers etc). 

I'd say you're doing well, as I'm 30k deep into an RA that doesn't even have a running fking motor anymore.

SSuuper gutted for you man

if it helps you can have my v1 heads for free - maybe swap your valve train into them? They are pretty obsolete tbh though

WOF fail on rear tyres, blown hi stop bulb and dicky hi/lo headlight switch. Got some RE003s coming, another switch pulled from parts car and ditto on the bulb. Had Whiteline offset bushes, extended ball joints and tie rods installed and an alignment too.

• Like 2

took the bike in for a wof. aparantly, with my silencer in the exhaust, its borderline too loud, but the wof inspector reckons that it sounds good, and significantly quieter than "them bloody harleys", needless to say the bike passed hahahahahhaha

on the car, installed a shiny new cusco brake master cylinder brace. LOTS better feel on pedal, firewall flex was huge

• Like 3

Productive weekend...

Cleaned up surface rust and painted some sedan rear lateral links ready to put into my wagon. Installed a beefier pitch stop mount to complement the gearbox mount in the wagon.

On the gc8 I sorted out the passenger rocker cover gasket and degreased the whole bottom and back of the motor (That's all of the leaks fixed! at least for now). Then I put some new to me 16*7 wheels/tyres on and fixed an exhaust leak ready for a WOF on Tuesday. I also installed a Cusco lower arm brace on the gc thanks to @Kiwiflyboy.

I'm loving how far this thing has come now after a LOT of TLC.

aYtkyKx.jpg

• Like 6

Outback:

• Replaced rear pads and rotors (about time, had those bits in the garage for about two years).

MX-5:

• Attempted to test fit new front brakes.
  • Discovered front hubs are seized to the uprights.
  • Added slide hammer to shopping list.
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, IZichard said:

Productive weekend...

Cleaned up surface rust and painted some sedan rear lateral links ready to put into my wagon. Installed a beefier pitch stop mount to complement the gearbox mount in the wagon.

On the gc8 I sorted out the passenger rocker cover gasket and degreased the whole bottom and back of the motor (That's all of the leaks fixed! at least for now). Then I put some new to me 16*7 wheels/tyres on and fixed an exhaust leak ready for a WOF on Tuesday. I also installed a Cusco lower arm brace on the gc thanks to @Kiwiflyboy.

I'm loving how far this thing has come now after a LOT of TLC.

aYtkyKx.jpg

Make sure you get some v7 sedan axles, the wagon ones are the same length as the gc8, as confirmed during my swap. Not so much of an issue in the r180 rear end, but could well be a deal breaker in the r160

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Make sure you get some v7 sedan axles, the wagon ones are the same length as the gc8, as confirmed during my swap. Not so much of an issue in the r180 rear end, but could well be a deal breaker in the r160

Yeah I have some sedan axles too. I still want to re-pack them with grease before it all goes in.