Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

22 hours ago, newsuba said:

half way there with the jdm rain guards.

why young dude ?

why ?????

Rain guards, to be fair, are useful. If you have water on the roof and go round a corner with tbe window down, it tends to pour in >:( So they are a good idea and practical. However, the light bar is anotber thing. More suited to a Honda I feel xD

Okay well here's my contribution to the car crimes thread. This is my daytime running light setup. All custom wiring, down to the LED C in the headlight. Just ripped the wire out of the headlight plug and put another one in that's connected to a fuse that only receives power in the "ACC" position

8b3465cde4409c5745619e8304e11897.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Reckon the lights in the fogs make it a bit too busy.

How are the headlight 'C's' constructed? Heaps of little non removable bulbs or just a couple with reflectors? You'd be on to a winner with them brighter and colour matched to the lower strip.

In America the base model uses a T10 bulb that reflects throughout it. The limited gets a LED board, same as here and to modify it you've gotta resort to the oven method...

1 hour ago, G B said:

Rain guards, to be fair, are useful. If you have water on the roof and go round a corner with tbe window down, it tends to pour in >:( So they are a good idea and practical. However, the light bar is anotber thing. More suited to a Honda I feel xD

i usually drive with windows closed when it's raining  xD

is that lightbar even legal ?

drl's are gay

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, newsuba said:

i usually drive with windows closed when it's raining  xD

drl's are gay

LOL

When you have to put the window down to access the ticket machine when leaving the car park at work :D

2 hours ago, G B said:

Rain guards, to be fair, are useful. If you have water on the roof and go round a corner with tbe window down, it tends to pour in 

13 minutes ago, G B said:

LOL

When you have to put the window down to access the ticket machine when leaving the car park at work :D

Lol put your window down when you stop at the ticket machine :P 

Banter aside - they are actually useful - wish my OB had them 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Conducks said:

Okay well here's my contribution to the car crimes thread. This is my daytime running light setup. All custom wiring, down to the LED C in the headlight. Just ripped the wire out of the headlight plug and put another one in that's connected to a fuse that only receives power in the "ACC" position

8b3465cde4409c5745619e8304e11897.jpg

I have a similar setup with a DRL strip in the fog light bezel. I wired it up to the factory DRL harness to be legal. I also had some LEDs that replaced the factory DRL bulb in the harness (behind the actual fog light bulb) but had to disconnect these, also to be legal. If you have the new bezels wired to an accessory source then you will fail inspection, as any DRLs have to turn off automatically when the main headlights or fog lights are on. Also, you are only allowed one set of DRL lights, so if the additional fog light DRL bulbs and C light are also on when the LED strip on the bezels are on, this will also result in a fail. Just something to be aware of.

Here's mine:

yeFjKkm.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, calebwrx said:

So my car started handling like ass, rolling when turning and diving under hard braking...here's the front passenger side shock:

RIP shockie. At least that explains the body roll issues you were asking about a little while ago.

Are you going to try and find another or is it time for MCA coilovers?

• Like 1

I have a similar setup with a DRL strip in the fog light bezel. I wired it up to the factory DRL harness to be legal. I also had some LEDs that replaced the factory DRL bulb in the harness (behind the actual fog light bulb) but had to disconnect these, also to be legal. If you have the new bezels wired to an accessory source then you will fail inspection, as any DRLs have to turn off automatically when the main headlights or fog lights are on. Also, you are only allowed one set of DRL lights, so if the additional fog light DRL bulbs and C light are also on when the LED strip on the bezels are on, this will also result in a fail. Just something to be aware of.

Your LED turn signal bulbs look good, I'm planing on buying some of the black smoked LED housings from Subispeed along with some puddle lights.

My car doesn't need a WOF for another 2 years but I'll just wire them up to the DRL harness if I own the car at that stage... Probably wouldn't pass WOF anyway cause it's got no mufflers at all... But I've been pulled over plenty of times and gone through cop stops multiple times (They tend to block the road up from the intersection the local group skids at) but they just wave me through... I've had them comment how nice it is and how the exhaust sounds good, not a single complaint. Might just be Hawkes Bay cops that are pretty relaxed. Should be fun if I were to travel out of town though

i usually drive with windows closed when it's raining 

drl's are gay

I actually don't know if the lightbar is legal or not. It's on it's own switched relay and can be activated with the high beam also. I'm sure it would only be an issue if you were being a dick with it anyway

2 hours ago, IZichard said:

RIP shockie. At least that explains the body roll issues you were asking about a little while ago.

Are you going to try and find another or is it time for MCA coilovers?

2nd hand struts have always been something I've tried to avoid, they never seem to end well for me >:(>:( I'm looking at importing some KYB AGXs from the U.S, $100 per corner so it will just be the fronts for now and rears....well maybe they can be a Xmas present.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, calebwrx said:

2nd hand struts have always been something I've tried to avoid, they never seem to end well for me >:(>:( I'm looking at importing some KYB AGXs from the U.S, $100 per corner so it will just be the fronts for now and rears....well maybe they can be a Xmas present.

That's a good price, about the same as my non-adjustable Sachs.

I would recommend changing the 4 corners at the same time if you can though.

• Like 1

Just now, willisnz said:

Any update on your shocks?

4 parcels were sent by Amazon, 2 never arrived because these muppets made mistakes like forgetting to attach an invoice for customs ...

I had enough with the way they handle things so I'm having a parcel forwarding company (myGermany) taking care of it.

The last 2 shocks arrived at myGermany's warehouse, they are currently repackaging the 2 shocks into one smaller package and they'll send it just after. I'm hoping to receive those in 1 or 2 weeks ... finally ...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, delta said:

4 parcels were sent by Amazon, 2 never arrived because these muppets made mistakes like forgetting to attach an invoice for customs ...

I had enough with the way they handle things so I'm having a parcel forwarding company (myGermany) taking care of it.

The last 2 shocks arrived at myGermany's warehouse, they are currently repackaging the 2 shocks into one smaller package and they'll send it just after. I'm hoping to receive those in 1 or 2 weeks ... finally ...

Had just ordered a full set of Bilstein B8 + Eibach springs (B12 Pro kit they call it apparently) directly from Germany, will see how that goes. 

Was a bit of a struggle to find a company that 1) will ship outside EU and 2) will deduct VAT. 

1 hour ago, sobanoodle said:

Had just ordered a full set of Bilstein B8 + Eibach springs (B12 Pro kit they call it apparently) directly from Germany, will see how that goes. 

Was a bit of a struggle to find a company that 1) will ship outside EU and 2) will deduct VAT. 

Which company did you pick?