Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Well, the bbs rims have now been hit with paint stripper. Bit of sanding to get the last stubborn bits off. Evidence of a previous repair. Have some good primer and 4 cans of bbs gold (paint code gk1 for anyone playing at home) will get the tyres removed before paint, as the tyres are totally stuffed 

Plan now: Sand, couple of coats of primer, sand, gold, sand, gold gold gold till I run out, then clear coat, tyres on, fit to car, flatnats. Lol

• Like 1

• Admin

Didn't do it today but on Tuesday went and collected the fuel system and intake manifold for my RA and started prepping it to go onto Furzes gc8 for flex fuel and e85. Amongst that, the engine is coming out for a clean up and new valve springs.@gotasuby will be tuning it down in Christchurch for flatnats too. Oh, also bought a 200L barrel of e85 for that weekend. Should do the trick.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I kerbed my 15s and ended up with a small cut in the tyre. 

I've read its not safe due to the tyre maybe blowing out, but I'm going to set aside some money and possibly getting the tyres changed next week. Anyone got an idea how much they charge for changing tyres? 

13 hours ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Well, the bbs rims have now been hit with paint stripper. Bit of sanding to get the last stubborn bits off. Evidence of a previous repair. Have some good primer and 4 cans of bbs gold (paint code gk1 for anyone playing at home) will get the tyres removed before paint, as the tyres are totally stuffed 

Plan now: Sand, couple of coats of primer, sand, gold, sand, gold gold gold till I run out, then clear coat, tyres on, fit to car, flatnats. Lol

where did you get the paint made up? 

6 hours ago, Dairusire said:

Didn't do it today but on Tuesday went and collected the fuel system and intake manifold for my RA and started prepping it to go onto Furzes gc8 for flex fuel and e85. Amongst that, the engine is coming out for a clean up and new valve springs.@gotasuby will be tuning it down in Christchurch for flatnats too. Oh, also bought a 200L barrel of e85 for that weekend. Should do the trick.

jeez man where is all your expendable cash comin from:| are you selling your body after hours?

• Subscribed Member

Threw some studs back in for the exhaust manifold, put the coolant crossover pipe on, to find one of the threads stripped :(
Not too sure what I'm going to do about that...

New spark plugs, and some V7 coil packs went on too.

In a box that came with the shell, I found a custom alternator bracket that's a lot lighter and smaller than the factory one, so threw that on.

A new Oil cooler O ring went on a as well. 

Slowly getting there...

didnt answer 2nd part of my question tho the suspicion grows
oh he sells his body at all hours. It doesn't really net much extra cash. really only covers upkeep of the 1-800 number 1-800-Dial-a-ginge a pay to call service where you talk to a bearded ginger fellow.

Sent from my Baked potato using Telekinesis

• Like 2

• Admin
oh he sells his body at all hours. It doesn't really net much extra cash. really only covers upkeep of the 1-800 number 1-800-Dial-a-ginge a pay to call service where you talk to a bearded ginger fellow.

He's not wrong you know xD

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Conducks said:

Ordered a invidia downpipe from the states, gonna get a ecutek remap and dyno tune done when it arrives. Bye bye warranty... but the way I see it if anything was gonna go wrong it would have already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is mine with a remap, good gains for a completely standard car

• Like 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Conducks said:

I prefer boasting crank figures. Otherwise it’s an unfair comparison between rwd and awd cars

Why exactly is it unfair?

Unless talking stock figures you never accurately know what the crank figures are so it’s completely pointless as you just chuck a few more percent at the guestimated driveline loss to bump what the crank may see

• Like 1

Awd the power is split front and rear so they show less at the wheel, idk crank power is a personal preference, there’s the argument all dyno’s read differently too. Some in the states show the 2015 STi stock is 200kw at the wheel but then the one posted in this thread is only 150kw at the wheel

then it makes your victory all the more sweeter.

It’s just a number on paper anyway, there’s weight and drag as well, I did a pull race in my stock STi which is meant to be 225kw crank vs a built and tuned 400kw at the wheel JZX90 and I had him off the mark from a 60 roll, he caught up. But I had that moment of “I’m winning”

• Admin

Yea dyno inconsistancy is definately a real thing but is still more accurate than chucking a random percentage at a wheel figure and saying thats what the crank makes, then you open up the argument of whether it should be a percentage or a set power loss which would stay the same at higher power levels.

I’d be mildly concerned that this model needs to exist though. Same part number as the one you’re getting but with an A slapped on the end.

I know they had steering knuckle clearance issues with US designed Invidia (plus others) DP’s on RHD 4th gen Legacy’s so might find a similar issue with this one unless you’ve done the research and found some other RHD ones running the one you’re getting.

http://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/catless-down-pipe-australian-spec-wrx-sti-08-14.html

• Like 2