Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

You know that Cobb 3port is a re branded $85nzd mac valve aye... ;-)

Good luck with tune, decat will need it!

Ohwell I got a cool Cobb sticker, can’t wait to pop flames with this decat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
8 hours ago, KiwiJoe said:

215s on 9.5 inches! You must not have any potholes around! Cool colour though.

Haha cheers man. Well, 1mm strut clearance, not sure if I should run them even :S

7 hours ago, SpeedySub said:

Definitely doesn't live one the east side of Christchurch 😄

Love the colour too

Cheers cheers, can't say I do! 

21 minutes ago, 1randomkiwi said:

I thought 215/40R18 tyres are only allowed on 7.0-8.5" wheels?

I haven't looked at the legality - got a link? 

Thought I'd blown up another TT Legacy on Saturday, drove the B4 over to a mates place for a BBQ, on the way there it developed a huge misfire.:/

When we stopped it stank of fuel, but there was no fire or visible evidence of explosions, so continued on driving it like a nana.

Tried it again yesterday and it was still doing it, so pulled the coils and plugs out, and found the plugs are all FUBARed.

I'm surprised the thing ran at all, only one plug still has anything resembling the wee cone left, and its gap was about 1.8mm, the biggest gap which was the plug that stank of unburnt fuel, was over 2.5mm!!:o

So much for the plugs supposedly being replaced before we bought the car, I suspect these plugs were fitted by the factory 150,000k's ago, and the garage which did the service for the previous owner never changed them.>:(

Anyway some new platinum plugs, and accessory belts while I'm in there faffing about, and she should be good to go!B|

I'll try and get some pics for reference on how spark plugs should NOT look!

• Subscribed Member

Took the car to get tuned on Friday, 160KW ATW, tuner said he expected way more, but a better intercooler may help.

It also started to develop a tick in one of the heads.

Took it home, and checked it out on Saturday  morning and found one of the cam carriers had come loose, and the other had snapped bolts.... I swear I tightened them to factory spec. Fixed that, but it still had a tick, now suspecting it may have dropped a shim.

Instead of risking it for the hill climb on Sunday, we decided to pull the engine and swap in a spare for Sunday. Finished that at 2AM and then had to be up by 6 to go to the hill climb.

Ran the hill climb, spare engine wasn't too happy but dealt with it surprisingly!

Will pull the top end apart tonight or tomorrow and find out what's going on with the new engine...

• Like 7

On 10/2/2017 at 1:43 PM, Technikhaus said:

Took the car to get tuned on Friday, 160KW ATW, tuner said he expected way more, but a better intercooler may help.

It also started to develop a tick in one of the heads.

Took it home, and checked it out on Saturday  morning and found one of the cam carriers had come loose, and the other had snapped bolts.... I swear I tightened them to factory spec. Fixed that, but it still had a tick, now suspecting it may have dropped a shim.

Instead of risking it for the hill climb on Sunday, we decided to pull the engine and swap in a spare for Sunday. Finished that at 2AM and then had to be up by 6 to go to the hill climb.

Ran the hill climb, spare engine wasn't too happy but dealt with it surprisingly!

Will pull the top end apart tonight or tomorrow and find out what's going on with the new engine...

How did you go in the hill climb?

Anymore vids? 

I still enjoy watching the ones you posted when you had my car

1 hour ago, Conducks said:

Dad shouted me new rubber today!
265/35 RE003’s all round, still a slight stretch on 9.5 wide rims. Might go for 275’s next time round.

a388b17909eb3f82ad44a602dd45343f.jpgffc8dad96d1ba7cb7da4923344319464.jpg

Looks good, Im not a fan of stretched tyres, but these look fine, just the right amount. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

Anymore vids? 

Looks good, Im not a fan of stretched tyres, but these look fine, just the right amount. 

To be fair I wouldn't have even called that stretched xD 

I'm on 17x8 and running 215 and those aren't stretched I don't think. So surely 9.5" wheel running 265 isn't either haha

• Subscribed Member
On 03/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, SpeedySub said:

Anymore vids? 

Eh, didn't do too badly for being myself, didn't go to set any real times, but more so to learn to drive it better, as I've never been very confident at sliding around corners etc, so just lots of practice, that being considered, for once I wasn't last in class, and came out 2nd last in class instead :P

No in car this time, just a drone video a friend made, that I'm in once very briefly.

Today I Finally took the rocker covers off of the new engine and found that Cylinder 3's Exhaust valves have too much gap between the buckets and the cam. 

It's o.3mm on one and 0.4mm on the other, where it should be 0.2mm.

Now to find out why....

• Like 2

You are joking right?

23 minutes ago, Conducks said:

Downpipe installed. Tuner wouldn’t dyno it because it’s too loud, gonna put my factory mufflers back in tonight, hopefully tune tomorrow.

77bf6e4fef57138b327b9138f6e445d7.jpgfe2b73c00f933489cc4950b0593832c0.jpg

• Admin
Downpipe installed. Tuner wouldn’t dyno it because it’s too loud, gonna put my factory mufflers back in tonight, hopefully tune tomorrow.

77bf6e4fef57138b327b9138f6e445d7.jpgfe2b73c00f933489cc4950b0593832c0.jpg

The tuner wouldn't tune the car... Because it's too loud?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 2