Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

23 hours ago, Conducks said:

Nah won’t be speed cut cause she cruises at 260 no sweat - of course not on public roads as that would be stupid, especially posting that you would do that speed on public roads on an open forum

Edited 

Remember young grasshopper, the internet is for ever!!!!

You never know who will be reading these posts, could be the police looking for info on drivers or seeing who's posting dumb s**t they do.

Or could be an insurance company checking after a claim.

Anything you post that shows you doing something illegal can bite you in the ass.

Edited by SpeedySub
  • Like 3

Willing to bet there isn't a race track or privare road long enough for a 2016 STi to hit 260+.

And as for me no. Not even half that speed. Have no need to be that stupid or irresponsible. As someone who works in a hospital OR I have seen the results of what goes wrong - at least those that survive....

• Like 3

Willing to bet there isn't a race track or privare road long enough for a 2016 STi to hit 260+.
And as for me no. Not even half that speed. Have no need to be that stupid or irresponsible. As someone who works in a hospital OR I have seen the results of what goes wrong - at least those that survive....

Only when by myself. Rather not endanger others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Conducks said:

Just remember the people who have to turn up and deal with the aftermath. Having family members working in Hospitals and for St john and seeing and hearing stories of accidents at speeds under 200k's its not a pretty sight and is not a pleasant job.

I remember what it was like to be young and reckless, but theres reckless and then theres out right stupidity.

You say that you are not endanger others because you drive by yourself - well thats all good until some one else further down the road the pulls out thinking you are doing 100kph 

13 minutes ago, Conducks said:

That makes it okay then. 

As speedysub says, it still has an effect on others (give a thought as to how your parents may feel) not to mention the tax payer $ to either clean up the mess or the medical care you  would require for the rest of your life as you sit drooling all day in a vegative state.

• Like 3

Just remember the people who have to turn up and deal with the aftermath. Having family members working in Hospitals and for St john and seeing and hearing stories of accidents at speeds under 200k's its not a pretty sight and is not a pleasant job.
I remember what it was like to be young and reckless, but theres reckless and then theres out right stupidity.
You say that you are not endanger others because you drive by yourself - well thats all good until some one else further down the road the pulls out thinking you are doing 100kph 

Doing what my mate’s do, 150 in a 50, middle of town racing, drifting into traffic, snakies at 100 in the rain in the middle of the day, driving on wires, in my opinion that’s wreckless. I’ve had 200kw+ cars with no speed cut from the moment I got my license when I turned 16 and I’m just about to turn 19, never had a ticket for anything. Majority of my mates have lost this restricted licenses for demerits etc meanwhile I had my full license back when I was 17 and flew through everything. I don’t really consider myself a complete idiot but i think my mate’s all are. Most people around my age who talk to me say “if I had your car I would’ve either stacked it but now or lost my license, I’d just have my foot down all day everyday”

I have to laugh when you say your mates reckless doing 150 in a 50 zone, as you have just admitted you do 260 in a 100k zone - your mate is doing 100kph over the limit, you are doing 160km over the limit. YEs the open road is a little safer in terms of traffic, but still the most stupidest post Ive read all day 

1 minute ago, Conducks said:

Doing what my mate’s do, 150 in a 50, middle of town racing, drifting into traffic, snakies at 100 in the rain in the middle of the day, driving on wires, in my opinion that’s wreckless. I’ve had 200kw+ cars with no speed cut from the moment I got my license when I turned 16 and I’m just about to turn 19, never had a ticket for anything. Majority of my mates have lost this restricted licenses for demerits etc meanwhile I had my full license back when I was 17 and flew through everything. I don’t really consider myself a complete idiot but i think my mate’s all are. Most people around my age who talk to me say “if I had your car I would’ve either stacked it but now or lost my license, I’d just have my foot down all day everyday”

I have to laugh when you say your mates reckless doing 150 in a 50 zone, as you have just admitted you do 260 in a 100k zone - your mate is doing 100kph over the limit, you are doing 160km over the limit. YEs the open road is a little safer in terms of traffic, but still the most stupidest post Ive read all day 

Didn’t say where it was or wether it had a posted speed limit.

30 minutes ago, Conducks said:

That's a good start but not sure it's enough. I'm not going to lecture you like everybody else, I'm just going to give you a pure driver's perspective.

If you put the risk of other drivers that might pull out aside, I think that 260 is too much on NZ roads.

While I personally think that driving at 200km/h on French highways or 250km/h on German highways is relatively safe as long as there's nobody else on the road (but it's still illegal in France), the quality of highways in NZ is nowhere near to the quality of highways in France or Germany. At 260km/h on NZ roads, you need real skills and there's always the risk of losing control because of a road defect (and you won't be able to do anything about that no matter your skills).

My point is : 260km/h on NZ roads is way too much, if you want to find your limits and learn how to drive fast, you should go to a racetrack. And you'll learn a lot more that way. Anybody can do 260km/h in a straight line, not that much people know how to go fast in corners.

Edited by delta
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Conducks said:

Didn’t say where it was or wether it had a posted speed limit.

You do know that if it doesn't have a posted speed limit it doesn't mean theres a not speed limit and doesn't matter where you are doing it, even on the motorway you still could have someone change lanes at the last moment or come across an accident

Edited by SpeedySub