Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• General Member
4 hours ago, Conducks said:

Used to race go carts. Did two track days in dad’s R35 GTR and his 911 Turbo S at Mansfield, wet and dry. Was keeping up with V8 Touring cars in the 911. The track makes cars feel so slow. Even with 580hp the 911 only clipped 220kmh down the Mansfield straight.

Also raced motorbikes, jetskis, jetboat and racing buggy’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

220 seems a bit soft for that sort of HP. You sure you were doing it right?

:P

• Like 6

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Conducks said:

Video off of my YouTube channel

You had me freaking out with only one hand on the wheel at one point haha.
Quick car, but it looks like a leisurely cruise. Gotta get those braking points and apexes nailed ;)

Looks fun tho. Would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Subru said:

Wow.... I think I wanna get a set of those :o. Did they come as 5x100/114 or both? I would like to get those lights and also the boot spoiler (thing that attaches to bottom of boot window).

Looks mint :P 

Came as 5x100 only, sti spec c option wheels, only on v7/8.

Headlights are factory hid's, with factory fogs as well.

Boot spoiler came on the car, but I'm sure they can be found on eBay :-)

I'm happy with it aye, just don't look at the boot from behind atm, big ding in it from a nose to tail hit and run Monday avo.

What did I do today?

Drove it. Currently in Wellington, getting a few hours kip before being on the 7am ferry down to flatnats, awwwwwyiss

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kiwi_Fozze said:

Came as 5x100 only, sti spec c option wheels, only on v7/8.

Headlights are factory hid's, with factory fogs as well.

Boot spoiler came on the car, but I'm sure they can be found on eBay :-)

I'm happy with it aye, just don't look at the boot from behind atm, big ding in it from a nose to tail hit and run Monday avo.

What did I do today?

Drove it. Currently in Wellington, getting a few hours kip before being on the 7am ferry down to flatnats, awwwwwyiss

Nice, very tempting... :P 

21 hours ago, Conducks said:

Doing what my mate’s do, 150 in a 50, middle of town racing, drifting into traffic, snakies at 100 in the rain in the middle of the day, driving on wires, in my opinion that’s wreckless. I’ve had 200kw+ cars with no speed cut from the moment I got my license when I turned 16 and I’m just about to turn 19, never had a ticket for anything. Majority of my mates have lost this restricted licenses for demerits etc meanwhile I had my full license back when I was 17 and flew through everything. I don’t really consider myself a complete idiot but i think my mate’s all are. Most people around my age who talk to me say “if I had your car I would’ve either stacked it but now or lost my license, I’d just have my foot down all day everyday”

take care bro. good to see you having fun on the track, clearly plenty to learn if that vid is anything to go by, did you ever have a driving instructor or cos ur was license paid for (ok cheap dig there sry)? a lot of basic discipline is lacking there. wouldn't be caught dead handling a corolla on streets like that let alone a porsche on track, i remember my instructor would stop the car every time and give me absolute grilling if i didn't have hands in right position or keep hand for a second too long on knob after shifting gear, if my head was not looking at corner exits etc.. take it as constructive criticism only cos you're young and can be pro by time as old as old fart like me.

ps. your mates sound like bogan turds. being slightly better (or 'not as bad') than bogan turds doesn't make you smart, it just makes you a slightly more refined bogan turd.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 6:00 PM, Conducks said:

Here’s my dyno run. At the fly I presume

fbf314157a076a20f758ac2bd799c52b.jpg

And a better exhaust clip (See 1 min mark)

im late to the party just catching up on all this haha. thats pretty mint power if at the wheels, but looks like virtual dyno or something? fwiw i ran virtual dyno on road and it says im 350kw, put it on my snapchat and all kinds of ppl got butthurt LOL

also what in the hell have you done to your exhaust? i remember hearing clip of it before and it sounded good but now it just sounds like a NA Honda???

• Like 1

im late to the party just catching up on all this haha. thats pretty mint power if at the wheels, but looks like virtual dyno or something? fwiw i ran virtual dyno on road and it says im 350kw, put it on my snapchat and all kinds of ppl got butthurt LOL

also what in the hell have you done to your exhaust? i remember hearing clip of it before and it sounded good but now it just sounds like a NA Honda???

It’s got a resonator now, sounds deep again, but turns out removing your cats and going 3” stainless downpipe makes your car a S*** ton louder

Also it’s a roller dyno...

Reason hands are bad positions was bc it was track and being lazy

• Like 1

• Admin
On 17/10/2017 at 0:51 PM, Conducks said:

Nah won’t be speed cut cause she cruises at 260 no sweat

My word you are a spectacular bellend.

Your old man might want you to enjoy his success/money while he's still around to see it, but does he know that you behave like a spoilt brat a complete spanner to boot?

Stacking humblebrags like they're going out of fashion... ugh.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Conducks said:

Video off of my YouTube channel

Didn't have time to watch it all. But wheres the drifting at? Given your age and the fact you seem to know the answers to everything, I would have expected you to be chucking it in backwards at least at the hairpin and driving somewhere approaching the limit of adhesion.

Good to see you have tried out the track. But if you ever want to drive properly fast, come to Wellington to one of our hillclimb *actual motorsport* events. Happy to take you out as a passenger and help encourage you to do this stuff legally more often, as once you realise that you can race fast round corners legally, that's much more fun than this straight line sh*t!

Ohh and if you ever go back to the track, please make sure to get a driving instructor, you might learn some stuff. Turns out those guys that have been racing for a long time do actually know more than the average driver ;)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Munkvy said:

Didn't have time to watch it all. But wheres the drifting at? Given your age and the fact you seem to know the answers to everything, I would have expected you to be chucking it in backwards at least at the hairpin and driving somewhere approaching the limit of adhesion.

Good to see you have tried out the track. But if you ever want to drive properly fast, come to Wellington to one of our hillclimb *actual motorsport* events. Happy to take you out as a passenger and help encourage you to do this stuff legally more often, as once you realise that you can race fast round corners legally, that's much more fun than this straight line sh*t!

Ohh and if you ever go back to the track, please make sure to get a driving instructor, you might learn some stuff. Turns out those guys that have been racing for a long time do actually know more than the average driver ;)

@Conducks you should take this gentleman up on his offer mate, seems like you got the passion for the sport just need someone to guide you the right way

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

@Conducks you should take this gentleman up on his offer mate, seems like you got the passion for the sport just need someone to guide you the right way

And you are at the perfect age to get into it without too many years of bad driving habits. I think it would take a long time to break some of my bad habits.

Also have a look at some of his videos and check out how quick he is

8 minutes ago, delta said:

Disclaimer : this is an attempt to go back on topic.

Got an alignment done today :

kg60eon.jpg

Toe was waay off, money well spent !

hey i got a question for ya. my only alignment on my car has been for cert purposes so i asked for the standard 'do it within spec please'. my next alignment is due soon, if i want a nice handling whip that i can throw around without excessive tyre wear, what should one ask for?

8 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

hey i got a question for ya. my only alignment on my car has been for cert purposes so i asked for the standard 'do it within spec please'. my next alignment is due soon, if i want a nice handling whip that i can throw around without excessive tyre wear, what should one ask for?

I'm no expert but usually I ask for around 1.5 degree negative camber front, 1 degree negative rear and and 2-4mm total toe out at the rear and 0 at the front on a GC8. Seems to give a decent drive that doesn't follow cambers heaps and isn't stupidly hard on tires. Would also be interested to hear what others do.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

Well, to be honest, I'm no expert in alignment :P

All I asked for is to get as much camber from the front as they can and I trusted them for the other values.

What I know is that if you throw your car around, it's nice to have negative camber and it will limit tyre wear.

-1° or -1.5° look like good values to me if you use your car on the street. -2° or more should probably be reserved for track use. But you won't be able to get those values unless you have the right mods.

Regarding toe, a friend doing time attack likes to keep it at 0 but I'm not good enough to give you an opinion on that.

Edited by delta
  • Like 1

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

I'll see if I can find my alignment sheet as it drove bloody well... off the top of my head it was -1.5 on all 4 corners for the camber, can't remember the rest.

• Like 1

Ohh and if you ever go back to the track, please make sure to get a driving instructor, you might learn some stuff. Turns out those guys that have been racing for a long time do actually know more than the average driver

Is this opportunity only available to Conducks or can i come too?
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2017 at 4:21 PM, Subru said:

Wow.... I think I wanna get a set of those :o. Did they come as 5x100/114 or both? I would like to get those lights and also the boot spoiler (thing that attaches to bottom of boot window).

Looks mint :P 

you can get those bbs in both flavours.

looks good on the wagon.

;)

On 10/18/2017 at 5:58 PM, GC8E2DD said:

If there's one thing I've learned from having kids, it's that they really have no idea how ridiculous their stories are =]

you guys are so mean.

back in the original post he was cruising at 260kw not 260km/h - which is a physical impossibility for a grb sti.

^_^

Edited by newsuba
  • Like 5

Grabbed off a YouTube video cause I’m not stupid enough (Ya’ll will probably say I am stupid enough)

795c5af6dd744076acf8486ff60234a3.jpg

This is gonna be my last post on here cause everything I say just triggers people.

• Like 1