Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

On 10/20/2017 at 2:32 PM, Batbaruman said:

this was both easier than i thought and more annoying than i thought to change.

uSdZ8dp.jpg

at least no more fuel leaks (that i know of).

so after i had sorted that right side out, the very next day the left side decided to sprout a leak. sorted that out today.

i have this is not a recurring theme otherwise my bank account is gonna be empty by the time im done replacing all the an fittings in this car : S

• Like 1

• Admin
15 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

so after i had sorted that right side out, the very next day the left side decided to sprout a leak. sorted that out today.

i have this is not a recurring theme otherwise my bank account is gonna be empty by the time im done replacing all the an fittings in this car : S

If you keep replacing S*** fittings with more S*** fittings, it's going to be a recurring theme :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boon said:

If you keep replacing S*** fittings with more S*** fittings, it's going to be a recurring theme :)

oh well the new ones i got have a lifetime warranty and do feel a hell of a lot sturdier than the old ones. all this stuf will be pulled out eventually anyway when i go flex fuel because will need them teflon lines for e85. when i do that big purchase it'll all be the recommended speedflow stuff

• Admin
1 minute ago, Batbaruman said:

all this stuf will be pulled out eventually anyway when i go flex fuel because will need them teflon lines for e85. when i do that big purchase it'll all be the recommended speedflow stuff

Recommend you take 5 minutes out to work out what you want from the car. Lately you've been all over the place wanting to change stuff; take it from someone who has been there and thrown heaps of money at a V7 that you really, really want to chill out for a second and work out an overall "finished for now" position you want to be in.

First question you need to ask; what do you want E85 for? If you wanted to go E85 you really needed to put bigger injectors in last time around.

You don't really have the block or the turbo to take advantage of flex fuel either.

TBH by the time you got it sorted for E85 you may as well have just replaced the turbo and ended up with a car that was better in a whole lot of ways.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

If there is one single product I would recommend, its the Gyeon Q2M WetCoat. Spray on, waterblast and watch the water bead.

Sweet, looks real easy to apply. And how long does the beading lasts ?

6 minutes ago, boon said:

Recommend you take 5 minutes out to work out what you want from the car. Lately you've been all over the place wanting to change stuff; take it from someone who has been there and thrown heaps of money at a V7 that you really, really want to chill out for a second and work out an overall "finished for now" position you want to be in.

First question you need to ask; what do you want E85 for? If you wanted to go E85 you really needed to put bigger injectors in last time around.

You don't really have the block or the turbo to take advantage of flex fuel either.

TBH by the time you got it sorted for E85 you may as well have just replaced the turbo and ended up with a car that was better in a whole lot of ways.

LOL true! what i want out of the car changes too often. i never been this impulsive with finances before, i swear :S anything else overthink and procrastinate it but with the car i'm absolutely mental which is partially why i wanted to get rid of it recently as anything i do with it only makes me happy for a couple weeks at most (or even on the drive home from shop) before i somehow need to do more.

a lot of these performance mods are a bit of a pipe dream (new turbo, headers, engine rebuild, e85). im gonna start prebooking some travel next year and i won't have money to waste on car anymore. the noise fix stuff (fuel pump, exhaust) is definitely happening and i will probably find (i hope) that after i take care of these super annoying things that my level of enjoyment with car becomes like what i had with my old car. desire to keep changing things will hopefully just go away as it's a lot easier to be happy with a car that doesn't give you a headache every time you drive. "if it's this noisy then it needs to atleast be fast enough to match this bloody noise" - i think thats whats going on inside my brain, but heck i'll see a psychiatrist if i have to if i keep having these impulses LOL. is there a car modding addict support group? . had decibel meter inside car other day, it hit 105db peak in cabin on cruise (not from my basic sound system!). F***ing lawnmower is around that same so i think im on to something now.

• Like 1

On 24/10/2017 at 0:21 PM, Munkvy said:

Happy to take people for a drive :) Although I probably should put the passenger seat back in the car first!

had a little stalk of your youtube channel, you've got some skills man! 

do i need a cage/logbook to give the local hillclimbs a crack? looks like lots of fun :) 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2017 at 11:02 AM, Batbaruman said:

LOL true! what i want out of the car changes too often. i never been this impulsive with finances before, i swear :S anything else overthink and procrastinate it but with the car i'm absolutely mental which is partially why i wanted to get rid of it recently as anything i do with it only makes me happy for a couple weeks at most (or even on the drive home from shop) before i somehow need to do more.

a lot of these performance mods are a bit of a pipe dream (new turbo, headers, engine rebuild, e85). im gonna start prebooking some travel next year and i won't have money to waste on car anymore. the noise fix stuff (fuel pump, exhaust) is definitely happening and i will probably find (i hope) that after i take care of these super annoying things that my level of enjoyment with car becomes like what i had with my old car. desire to keep changing things will hopefully just go away as it's a lot easier to be happy with a car that doesn't give you a headache every time you drive. "if it's this noisy then it needs to atleast be fast enough to match this bloody noise" - i think thats whats going on inside my brain, but heck i'll see a psychiatrist if i have to if i keep having these impulses LOL. is there a car modding addict support group? . had decibel meter inside car other day, it hit 105db peak in cabin on cruise (not from my basic sound system!). F***ing lawnmower is around that same so i think im on to something now.

I havnt measured my Rs volume wise. But that seems really high? I've got an externally vented gate and I wouldn't consider my car loud at all, when cruising it's relatively quiet, boosting with the windows up and the gate doesn't even seem loud. Outside is a different story though :P

im looking forward to finally attending a meet (once I can drive again - I'll probably drive before I'm ment to Obviously) have met heaps of clubsub peeps already from various other situations, can't wait to show the Rs off lol, feels like I've been telling people about how awesome its gonna  be for like 6months now ^_ ^

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, THUNDA said:

I havnt measured my Rs volume wise. But that seems really high? I've got an externally vented gate and I wouldn't consider my car loud at all, when cruising it's relatively quiet, boosting with the windows up and the gate doesn't even seem loud. Outside is a different story though :P

im looking forward to finally attending a meet (once I can drive again - I'll probably drive before I'm ment to Obviously) have met heaps of clubsub peeps already from various other situations, can't wait to show the Rs off lol, feels like I've been telling people about how awesome its gonna  be for like 6months now ^_ ^

haha yeah its excessively high and only at certain RPM, i wasn't paying enough attention in physics obvs but it's some S*** to do with resonating at certain wavelength/frequency i guess where sound bounces inside cabin and volume goes nuts. if i record it from outside it actually sounds pretty amazing , still loud but not loud enough to be pulled over for.

also will be good to finally see you and your RS running bro, have seen thunda twice at pbms/ajays but she was always asleep! 

• Like 1

• Subscribed Member
3 hours ago, mitch8198 said:

do i need a cage/logbook to give the local hillclimbs a crack? looks like lots of fun :) 

Depends on the club and the course, many sealed hill climbs down here don't require cages or log books, but do require a motorsport club license or day license.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2017 at 7:52 PM, mitch8198 said:

Thanks, practice in a slow car has made me a lot faster, but always room to improve still!

Hillclimbs, autocrosses and track days all just generally need a fire extinguisher, overalls and a helmet. Ohh and you need to be a member of a motorsport NZ affiliated club and then a motorsport license, both these things are easy to sort out though. Very few hillclimbs/sprints require a cage, it's generally only when the road is quite dangerous (ie like Shelly Bay in Wellington which is cliffs on one side and ocean on the other).

• Like 5

I finalised the Cobb AP etune on my WRX today, courtesy of Phil (philr8) at Dynotech Industries in New Plymouth. Very easy process in the end over about a week, and produced results I am happy with from the FA20 with only a Cobb catted j pipe and exhaust (in line what others around the world are getting with a custom tune and these mods: about 280-290whp). The final virtual dyno (green line):

NQOrLjc.jpg

From what I've read, I'm approaching a wall with the torque as the stock FA20 doesn't like much more than 470Nm, but an intercooler upgrade might help drivability a bit, as I've definitely noticed some issues with heat soak over the last year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KiwiJoe said:

I finalised the Cobb AP etune on my WRX today, courtesy of Phil (philr8) at Dynotech Industries in New Plymouth. Very easy process in the end over about a week, and produced results I am happy with from the FA20 with only a Cobb catted j pipe and exhaust (in line what others around the world are getting with a custom tune and these mods: about 280-290whp). The final virtual dyno (green line):

NQOrLjc.jpg

From what I've read, I'm approaching a wall with the torque as the stock FA20 doesn't like much more than 470Nm, but an intercooler upgrade might help drivability a bit, as I've definitely noticed some issues with heat soak over the last year.

that looks really smooth, bet its a pleasure to drive. what car is this?

54 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

that looks really smooth, bet its a pleasure to drive. what car is this?

2016 WRX.

37 minutes ago, evowrx said:

Virtual dyno with a smoothing factor of 3...

With a smoothing factor of 0 it looks pretty much the way you'd expect, but even at 1 it's still pretty smooth. Dyno penis contests of any flavour whether real or virtual are, in my opinion, 99% wankery in any case, unless they're actually being used as a baseline for improvements or to spot problems. My butt tells me this tune was quite a noticeable bump from the Cobb OTS stage 2 maps, and a huge leap from stock, which is the main thing.

If a customer feels good showing their mates down at the pub a graph with the 30 newly found killerbees you planted under their hood that sounds like good business sense to me ;)

39 minutes ago, KiwiJoe said:

2016 WRX.

With a smoothing factor of 0 it looks pretty much the way you'd expect, but even at 1 it's still pretty smooth. Dyno penis contests of any flavour whether real or virtual are, in my opinion, 99% wankery in any case, unless they're actually being used as a baseline for improvements or to spot problems. My butt tells me this tune was quite a noticeable bump from the Cobb OTS stage 2 maps, and a huge leap from stock, which is the main thing.

If a customer feels good showing their mates down at the pub a graph with the 30 newly found killerbees you planted under their hood that sounds like good business sense to me ;)

100% just pointing out it's not a graph thats going to appear anything like a real world dyno result.

Bum bum is all that matters.

Just now, thewabbit1 said:

Yea, duplicolor clear. Probably be a bit 'harder' than the plastic/acrylic that the lens are made from

I gotta do this to mine, they had stupid plastic fake covers so the light has 3 very faded circles on them and needs a good sand to fix it up.

Never knew Clearcoat would do such a good job at covering it.

• Admin
Just now, Subru said:

I gotta do this to mine, they had stupid plastic fake covers so the light has 3 very faded circles on them and needs a good sand to fix it up.

Never knew Clearcoat would do such a good job at covering it.

They don't look great until you put the clear on. Quite cloudy and the clear fills it in

• Like 1