Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

car got driven a good 250km or so today road trip style, much traffic means not much boost was enjoyed for the most part but was good to be driving again after so long.

washed the car and vacuum'ed inside a little bit gettin her a little tidier for the auckland sub meet tomorrow. hope to catch a few of you there tomorrow

Installed the roof racks & bike carriers, and black plasti-dipped the rear emblems. It was late in the day and it's not the best job so I will probably re-do it when I have some more time, but it's good enough for now.. I like the look. No pic though since it was too dark to look effective, will take one tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Batbaruman said:

bought his old one from @evowrx , is Dynomax VT , from the name it will max dyno results based on formula of velocity x time :P

might not look that cool when fitted but it's gonna go a long ways towards my enjoyment of car

I was looking at these exhausts a few weeks ago. Problem is I need two lol 

1 minute ago, RaKid said:

@Batbaruman did you say you removed your surge tank set up? For sale? 

yep its out bro, i'll pick it up from Ajay next weekend when i go back for exhaust. can come with pretty much all pictured stuff including fittings/hoses/stands/bracket. i should note the bosch044 pump is just a freebie not intending on selling that to anyone under false claims, i recommend not installing that but its yours free if want it. it held pressures just fine but it was getting noisier which i think is  bad sign. lift pump still sweet , can include that too. pm me what ya want it for , not overly fussy .

note alumnium stand had fuel leaked on it during de-install so you'd need to repaint it if want a fashionable look from it like below :P

Q7Vjn69.jpg

Finally finished installing BMW programming and diagnostic software - nearly 250GB all up :S

Took me a while to figure out how to adjust the rear air suspension, got it sorted in the end, even gaps all round now. 

Also found out that all control modules (like 20+ of them including ECU, TCU etc.) have very recent late 2016 firmware, must have been updated in Japan before it left for New Zealand. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sobanoodle said:

Finally finished installing BMW programming and diagnostic software - nearly 250GB all up :S

Took me a while to figure out how to adjust the rear air suspension, got it sorted in the end, even gaps all round now. 

Also found out that all control modules (like 20+ of them including ECU, TCU etc.) have very recent late 2016 firmware, must have been updated in Japan before it left for New Zealand. 

I bet most of that are video tutorials?

yeah would be interested in some info about what that 250gb is made up of man, is that like a 'dealers' kit kind of thing which would have firmwares/maps of every single bmw or something along with manuals? @sobanoodle . also the nerd inside me gets really excited thinking of all the stuff you can control with your software lol

1 hour ago, Batbaruman said:

yeah would be interested in some info about what that 250gb is made up of man, is that like a 'dealers' kit kind of thing which would have firmwares/maps of every single bmw or something along with manuals? @sobanoodle . also the nerd inside me gets really excited thinking of all the stuff you can control with your software lol

It is a full-on dealerships/workshops kit - Rheingold Ista-D and Ista-P, Subaru also have one but it's impossible to get afaik.

Majority of it is firmware databases for all the F-series vehicles and I think the latest versions will have G-series in it too. Plus you get model related workshop manuals/how to's/diagnostics and troubleshooting. It basically tells you what and when to do in a rather easily digestible way. You just need to know where to look.

I was playing around with the self-levelling suspension module - you can go into troubleshooting mode and make it to raise/drop each corner individually and both at the same time, it can show you how many mm each corner is off the recommended height etc. Makes your life much easier when troubleshooting. 

Basically a good way to save yourself a dollar or two on visits to the dealership. 

E-sys is another piece of soft and mainly used for codding. From basic software level options like DRLs (how bright, what lights will act as DRLs i.e squid rings only or/and low beams or/and fogs, front only or front+rear etc), enable/disable all sorts of beeps/gongs/other annoyances,  sensitivity of rain sensors to more complicated codding of retrofitted/upgraded hardware like LED dash panels or LED headlights. 

Going to have a look at Alpina TCU flash, apparently gives faster less noticeable shifts and can go all the way up to the 8th gear in sports mode (stock only goes up to 7th). 

• Like 3

Since it seems to be the done thing at the moment.... cleaned up my headlights. Used some heavy duty rubbing compound, rinsed off, dried and then applied polish. Cleaned up pretty well for a pretty limited effort! Will be interesting to see how they hold up.

DauKcHy.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, willisnz said:

Since it seems to be the done thing at the moment.... cleaned up my headlights. Used some heavy duty rubbing compound, rinsed off, dried and then applied polish. Cleaned up pretty well for a pretty limited effort! Will be interesting to see how they hold up.

DauKcHy.jpg

@1randomkiwi tell everyone what you did to protect yours. That stuff should hold up well.

My turn to play with numbered lists :

1. Was in Aussie for holidays with a Mitsubishi ASX as rental car (Subies are way better :D)

erl5Vd0.jpg

2. Arrived in NZ yesterday at 6am, went to Big boys toys at 10am and took a picture of my future cars

8frVBKb.jpg

3. Went to sleep at 10pm after 33 hours without sleeping, I need to get energy to install more goodness this week

53eAJcb.jpg

Edited by delta
  • Like 6