Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Finished putting my bf5 manifold back together soldered on new tps and water temp plugs as old ones exploded from being brittle. had the day off so ran around hamilton grabbing all nessasary gaskets and hoses to get this project out the door. also painted the ac bracket and the factory heatshield vht high heat black.

• Like 1

• Admin

I'm now finally able to make a move on building my RAs new motor with the help of Ajay at SubiRex Automotive.

New closed deck block on the way which is replacing the toasted old one. New head studs, have a set of bl/bp quad AVCS heads that I'm going to Jimmy in there. And of course will be running e85.

I also created what is essentially an end to end engine bay fuel system spreadsheet. That includes all fittings you'll need, prices, places to buy from, part numbers and links.

Hope you enjoy that as I'm 100% sure it'll help people who don't know where to go.

Side note, there are -6 to -8 reducers in there. That's specific to my build. You'll need to change those for 5/16th hardline to -8 fittings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vf0T1Z7zlKoGg6GaD-NYnLt0NXM0JGOZmLKc6zk9wgs/edit?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Made up a bracket from scrap alloy angle using a grinder and a drill. No work bench so a jack and vice grips will have to do 

24773651738_7fa1acfd0e_c.jpg24008530_10155981498886385_403940385_n by Aaandy Livingstone, on Flickr

24773651368_fe5c622575_c.jpg24133852_10155981498756385_1728933710_n by Aaandy Livingstone, on Flickr

24773652128_56047ac531_c.jpg24008363_10155981498826385_56321444_n by Aaandy Livingstone, on Flickr

24773652728_12a91b74a8_c.jpg24133408_10155981498666385_2103538931_n by Aaandy Livingstone, on Flickr

• Like 2

• Admin

Late update but, went bonkers with the Rug Doctor a couple of weekends ago...

Also pulled the upper tank off the white car, stripped the paint, then repainted.

KKXCzh5.jpgg9VEsOZ.jpghViMRFj.jpgj1Vmweh.jpgxF9R25S.jpg4Attksu.jpgSfYPxJc.jpgZ1fz33t.jpgEZVrRhs.jpg

VjRKUx4.jpgcvn23nm.jpg

Edited by RaKid
Added finished product photo
  • Like 3

Put on middle spoiler, I had double sided sticky strips that you can use to hold up stuff on walls. I put em over the holes so it seals around where the bolts go so water cant get through. pic below.

Also darkened tail lights more as they were still showing red (dont have pic of this). Also used night shade on reflector and side indicator (pic below).

Removed big windscreen "STI" sticker as I dont wanna go down that route of mods.

I took my car for a blat a few days ago and on the front passenger wheel has a TON of brake dust, a lot more than front driver side and its made my tire letters all brown and hard af to get off... grr :(

Ill give her a clean tomorrow and take some good pics and upload to my garage page as its very dirty atm.

Spoiler (bonus points for guessing where that is... :P)

20171202_151424.jpg

Reflector:

20171202_185529.jpg

• Like 1

Mine got a WOF with tail lights in pic above. I imagine they would fail WOF if it was illegal right?

Have had a chat to the guy who does my wof about it before and he passes them if they aren’t too dark and are even on both sides, but yea, it’s not legal

4 minutes ago, Subru said:

Mine got a WOF with tail lights in pic above. I imagine they would fail WOF if it was illegal right?

As @McMatty said doesnt mean you will fail a wof. Just means if you get pulled up by a cop who wants to make a point you won't be driving home as it could be deemed unsafe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Have had a chat to the guy who does my wof about it before and he passes them if they aren’t too dark and are even on both sides, but yea, it’s not legal

I see heaps of cars with tint even on headlights, I guess they dont police it as much as I have had mine tinted somewhat for a while now and no probs. I still have another brake light too so its not like all my brake lights are tinted and its still easy enough to see if the lights are on.

If there is ever a problem, I'll take it off or get V8 conversion. Not a huge fan of V7 wagon tail lights.

I see heaps of cars with tint even on headlights, I guess they dont police it as much as I have had mine tinted somewhat for a while now and no probs. I still have another brake light too so its not like all my brake lights are tinted and its still easy enough to see if the lights are on.
If there is ever a problem, I'll take it off or get V8 conversion. Not a huge fan of V7 wagon tail lights.

Knowing a policeman quite well (my dad) he said he only pulls people over if they’re insanely dark and you can barely see the light or if he’s feeling really nit picky, kinda like those headlight covers, the tinted ones are illegal but you see them everywhere

Just now, McMatty said:

Knowing a policeman quite well (my dad) he said he only pulls people over if they’re insanely dark and you can barely see the light or if he’s feeling really nit picky, kinda like those headlight covers, the tinted ones are illegal but you see them everywhere

I have a police across from where I live. We are mates so I might talk to him too...

I wonder if they know each other lol

• Admin

I've never understood why people are so obsessed with tinting their lights.
They are a safety feature, they other drivers know of your presence and of your intent/action.

I follow a Commodore wagon home from work quite often. I now give him plenty of space as I can't tell when his brake lights come on...

At the end of the day, you are making your vehicle unsafe and more likely to be pulled over or in an accident.
Not worth the risk imo.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

I've never understood why people are so obsessed with tinting their lights.
They are a safety feature, they other drivers know of your presence and of your intent/action.

I follow a Commodore wagon home from work quite often. I now give him plenty of space as I can't tell when his brake lights come on...

At the end of the day, you are making your vehicle unsafe and more likely to be pulled over or in an accident.
Not worth the risk imo.

I dont think its very unsafe for my car. You can still see my brake lights through it enough plus there is one brake light in the middle of the boot that lights up and that one is not tinted.

I tinted mine because I didnt like the look of my tail lights and tinting them somewhat covers them and it looks better imo.

Im prolly gonna take it off and do a V8 swap anyways.