Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Subscribed Member

Got the tune touched up on Friday, and then off to Whare Flat Hillclimb on Saturday.

Had the alternator fail on the first run, but had it replaced for the 2nd.

Times weren't amazing, but seat time is seat time!
Will need to sort the alignment for the next one...

QZ6hcO4.jpg?1

• Like 6

On 02/12/2017 at 11:10 PM, 1randomkiwi said:

I've never understood why people are so obsessed with tinting their lights.
They are a safety feature, they other drivers know of your presence and of your intent/action.

I follow a Commodore wagon home from work quite often. I now give him plenty of space as I can't tell when his brake lights come on...

At the end of the day, you are making your vehicle unsafe and more likely to be pulled over or in an accident.
Not worth the risk imo.

There is a Falcon in my area that has tinted headlights so dark you can't even see through them. I only hope that they are removable for night driving as I can't see (no pun intended) how they would provide any suitable light for driving.

On 12/4/2017 at 8:53 AM, Subru said:

just back. Fronts is prob not a good idea if you wanna see where your going at night :P 

i meant conversion lol. tinging either end is a terrible idea , the front will hinder your own vision and the rear will get you in S*** with insurance claims if someone rear end you. not sure why people do these things!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2017 at 11:10 PM, 1randomkiwi said:

I've never understood why people are so obsessed with tinting their lights.
They are a safety feature, they other drivers know of your presence and of your intent/action.

I follow a Commodore wagon home from work quite often. I now give him plenty of space as I can't tell when his brake lights come on...

At the end of the day, you are making your vehicle unsafe and more likely to be pulled over or in an accident.
Not worth the risk imo.

On this note, I was talking to some cops a while back about aftermarket headlights and tinting of lights, they weren't even sure themselves about the exact law surrounding this. They even called some other cops to ask around. In the end they just advised me against modifying the lights. They didn't seem too fussed about it as they "have better things to do" and aren't "traffic nazi's" (their words not mine)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

i meant conversion lol. tinging either end is a terrible idea , the front will hinder your own vision and the rear will get you in S*** with insurance claims if someone rear end you. not sure why people do these things!

ohhh lol, I wouldn't mind doing V9 or V10 front end one day but too expensive and not my priority atm.

Just now, Subru said:

ohhh lol, I wouldn't mind doing V9 or V10 front end one day but too expensive and not my priority atm.

same , its just one of thsoe things id do if there was collision damage, as much as i love team bug eye it does look inda outdated compared to the following gens

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iludez said:
1 hour ago, GC8E2DD said:
That is classic. Is it just me or do Subarus gravitate towards each other in car parks.

I've noticed I always park next to a suby if I see one

Haha same here, especially if it's the same model !

I think it's true about all cars that are for enthusiasts, if the car is not too common, it creates a sense of community.

I've seen that a few times with other car models as well : 2 Sciroccos, 2 GT-R or 2 BRZ/86 parked next to each other.

On 05/12/2017 at 11:25 AM, NotDoneYet said:

On this note, I was talking to some cops a while back about aftermarket headlights and tinting of lights, they weren't even sure themselves about the exact law surrounding this. They even called some other cops to ask around. In the end they just advised me against modifying the lights. They didn't seem too fussed about it as they "have better things to do" and aren't "traffic nazi's" (their words not mine)

Wof rules say tail lamps must be bright enough to be seen from 200m in normal darkness, and stop lamps from 100m in daylight. All very open to opinion.

2 minutes ago, mitch8198 said:

Seems to be the case:

qBP0lhQ.jpg

That's Ruapehu though, where every other car is a Subaru. 

• Like 1

I made an intercooler/radiator sprayer out of garden fittings and used the rear windscreen sprayer pump, we'll see how much it helps (it cost me nothing but the scrap pieces in my garage of vac line and an old irrigation system).

I also wired in the factory OBD2 port to the Link canbus output, borrowed an elm327 bluetooth device and I now have a tablet dashboard working. All I need to do is  mount the tablet.

• Like 6

• Admin

Took it for a bit of a spirited drive on Sunday. Man this thing is heavy compared to the BE.
Definitely need to look at a better brake pad/rotor combo than what is on the car currently.
Suspension is definitely a bit boaty, might look at a rear sway bar and springs next year.
Power wise, man it hauls arse, really enjoyed using the different modes of SI Drive.

• Subscribed Member
On 12/9/2017 at 8:48 AM, SpeedySub said:

😩😢😔😭 have just sold the RS RA. #so sad. But it's going to a good home to finish the restoration.

Now time to plan what I will do the next BC5 I get when I have the money. 

That was a quick sale!

Is the new owner on here at all?