Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

1 hour ago, JGM said:

Well... I guess you could class this as a Christmas present to myself, considering I picked it up on the 23rd.

39274027432_4b4c68f5e2_b.jpg

o_O What are you going to use this one for ?

Gave mine a quick clean before I go on holidays :

wWrFVNC.jpg

And discovered that this product from Mister Minit actually does a good job at restoring faded leather or even the plastic trim on the front doors :

N2hCDES.jpg

(not sure it is a permanent fix though)

Took new bike to pokeno, picked up a working recirc valve, rode home, installed recirc valve, reset ecu and ran the car. Also bit the bullet and dumped some k-seal into it, hope to make the temporary fix last a little longer. Noticable differences, it idles smoother, and has a better vac on idle. 

The old valve seat lost all it's tension, also found a leak in the brass cap, it's been leaking for a while. Probably explains where my boost has gone lately. I now get the joy of reprogramming my ebc. Ehh, details.

• Like 1

After collecting a puncture, which I only realised after having driven 100m or so and ruining any hope of repair in the process, I called into a Beaurepaires at an undisclosed location. The staff were friendly and accommodating but for some reason, could not follow simple instructions:

1. Fit 2 x new tyres to the front wheels (matching tyres but already ~30k in so elected to buy two etc)

2. Move best remaining tyres to rear wheels

3. Conduct alignment

Arrive to see them tightening up the wheel nuts. New tyres are on the rear wheels. Instruct manager to correct. Suspect alignment's probably not done either but give them benefit of the doubt. See invoice printed, no alignment. Query. 

Alignment is conducted *sigh* come on man, you had one job! 

The balancing and alignment, to their credit, was good - a high speed run down a private test track confirmed this. I was also interested to see a portrait of Sir Frank Beaurepaire in their waiting room, something I'd never seen before (it looked period correct, as in old as hell). Apparently when he (the new manager) took over the shop he'd seen it discarded among some other bits and pieces.

To his credit, he fished it out and displayed it. As an immigrant, I'd heard of the name "Beaurepaires" but never thought anything beyond it being a peculiar name. As an avid student if history, I conducted some research and it's fairly interesting. 

I shudder to think of what the founder of this business would have thought to have his portrait thrown away. It's sad because it speaks volumes about society today, there isn't much love history these days. The manager certainly (in my opinion at least), redeemed himself by at least having a respect for history and the brand that he represents. 

Edited by Teufel
Punctuation, sentence construction
  • Like 3

Haven’t posted here for a while but it’ll give everyone a good laugh I’m sure.

I’ve done over a dozen heli’s in the past week (Bc Christmas skids) and tonight as the rear swung out I heard a mighty bang. I came to a stop, unlocked my centre diff and tried to move, as I let my clutch out the car wouldn’t move and all I could hear was a rattling.

I thought I had blown my 1st gear, so I tried 2nd and that rattled too, car still wouldn’t move, thought I’d snapped my main shaft or something.

So I tried a bunch of things and then I locked my centre diff and to my relief the car moved. So it was obviously something to do with the back of the car, I thought maybe the diff had blown.

I drove the car home then unlocked the centre diff with the handbrake on and in gear, car wouldn’t move but the rattle was there, had a listen around the back of the car and it was rattling on the left side.

Looking under the car the back left CV boot on the diff rotates but the axle isn’t. So I’ve either blown my rear left CV joint or I’ve broken my axle where it connects to the CV.

According to the internet this happens all the time to guys who drag race their STi’s.

37,000km of being beat on, first major issue, Subaru built these cars bloody well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, boon said:

Wait, you did what now?

I have buggered head gaskets. New motor being built, it was a *shrugs* "what have I got to loose" moment. 

Head gaskets currently holding up fine, new motor to be in the hole very soon.

10 hours ago, Subru said:

Factory GRB recirc valve?

I have bov that gives me all the low boost sututu 9_9 (not sure if its supposed to but oh well)

Yep factory grb valve. Anything above about 10psi it works like its supposed to, but the spring is bloody stiff, so less than 10 it choo choo's nicely. Again, temporary fix, as the whole lot's coming out

Replaced the clutch on my BL 3.0R. AFAIK it was the original clutch, done 243k. Now features a V11 STi clutch that's done a season of track racing, but looked near mint and only cost me a box. For that price I'll take the risk! Didn't even machine the flywheel because no places were open. It drives mint, bites well with no shudder! Oh and a temporary permanent fix for the sloppy shifter bushes with electrical tape.......

• Like 2