Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

12 minutes ago, iludez said:
21 hours ago, willisnz said:
Installed Chinese ez lip (Samurai) onto BR yesterday, drove to and from work today...it was on the car when I left work this evening but not when I got home...oops.

I'm on my second one, S*** adhesive on them

Gonna go hard on the isopropyl alcohol this time and make sure i heat it first...

3 minutes ago, Zenki said:

When off the shelf colours just won't do...

(Yes I know you can paint over paint but where's the fun in that)

But that reduces the rice value if they aren't bright coloured and everyone can't see them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iludez said:
On 1/8/2018 at 9:40 PM, willisnz said:
Installed Chinese ez lip (Samurai) onto BR yesterday, drove to and from work today...it was on the car when I left work this evening but not when I got home...oops.

I'm on my second one, S*** adhesive on them

Tried ez lip on mine. Lasted a few days and then it had a massive rip on each corner as I have to go up some crazy driveways sometimes and even tho I didnt hear/feel anything it must have been enough to catch the lip and make a rip. Never gonna buy one again. Did look pretty cool tho.

10 hours ago, Subru said:

Tried ez lip on mine. Lasted a few days and then it had a massive rip on each corner as I have to go up some crazy driveways sometimes and even tho I didnt hear/feel anything it must have been enough to catch the lip and make a rip. Never gonna buy one again. Did look pretty cool tho.

I'm planning on removing the poly lip on the Version 8 and replacing it with EZlip as it scrapes too often than I like and my bumper is now cracking :(

Sold the Volks that was on my car was hoping to put it on the trusty daily Honda but funds were tight. Long awaited rims and tyres have finally arrived after much wait. Fitment is on point rubs at the front but nothing a tiny bit of camber plus fender rolling won't fix.

X5zHY6c.jpg

s2wmLU6.jpg

J98OYIj.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, pedro said:

Ordered Spec C water pump from partsourq for rebuild..

# 21111AA250 us$103..:)

Or order a waterpump kit locally. Pump, gasket, thermostat and o-ring for NZ $99 plus gst.....

1 hour ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Worked out I can turn off the engine without turning off accessory power with keyless ignition.
Apply parking brake, hit Start/Stop button, then move gear selector to park.

Hitting start/stop button while in neutral will shut off engine but leave accessory on.

• Like 2

I discovered why the non recaro said in the WRX and sti suck for lumbar support.

When disassembling the seats I found both had only one side of the springs wired to the frame at the bottom. On both seats the airbag/outer side had the wire attach to the spring webbing cut off. Both seats in the exact same place and the original plastic was still intact so it's been like that from factory. The lateral supports are also hollow too.

i added the extra padding the the sides and made a new wire clip to join it back up. On the drivers I added a small foam pad between the original foam and the springs. So much better now.

ps if you do this you need very little foam to make a difference,

para rubber has mixed foam sheets for under $9 that are 35x35x5cm and a single sheet will do both seats and have some left over. actually the thinner 25mm sheet would have been easier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boostin said:

Or order a waterpump kit locally. Pump, gasket, thermostat and o-ring for NZ $99 plus gst.....

Yeah thought about that as I will end up paying twice that..

Genuine parts though..

Plus I get a kick out of buying and tracking and waiting and opening box..

And hoping it gets here before trump starts a noooclear war..

• Like 2

• Admin

Yeah thought about that as I will end up paying twice that..
Genuine parts though..
Plus I get a kick out of buying and tracking and waiting and opening box..
And hoping it gets here before trump starts a noooclear war..

But... You can get the genuine cast pumps for that price too? Here?

But different strokes for different folks

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Worked out I can turn off the engine without turning off accessory power with keyless ignition.
Apply parking brake, hit Start/Stop button, then move gear selector to park.

Somewhat related, going from driving a keyless manual to a keyed auto makes me do this all the time:

1. Come to a stop
  2. Shift to Neutral
  3. Apply parking brake
  4. Release foot brake
  5. Forget Park exists
  6. Engine off
  7. Why the hell can't I get the key out of the barrel oh wait it's still in Neutral
  8. Why the hell can't I shift to Park oh wait the car's not powered on
  9. Turn key to on again
  10. Shift to Park
  11. Turn key to off again

1-4 are habits from before driving manual (stops the weight of the car loading up the transmission's parking pawl), 5 is caused by driving manual.

I think 9 is a Gen 5 specific thing.