Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Zenki said:

Somewhat related, going from driving a keyless manual to a keyed auto makes me do this all the time:

1. Come to a stop
  2. Shift to Neutral
  3. Apply parking brake
  4. Release foot brake
  5. Forget Park exists
  6. Engine off
  7. Why the hell can't I get the key out of the barrel oh wait it's still in Neutral
  8. Why the hell can't I shift to Park oh wait the car's not powered on
  9. Turn key to on again
  10. Shift to Park
  11. Turn key to off again

1-4 are habits from before driving manual (stops the weight of the car loading up the transmission's parking pawl), 5 is caused by driving manual.

I think 9 is a Gen 5 specific thing.

I'm pretty sure I can shift from D, N or R to Park if the car is off.

6 hours ago, pedro said:

Yeah thought about that as I will end up paying twice that..

Genuine parts though..

Plus I get a kick out of buying and tracking and waiting and opening box..

And hoping it gets here before trump starts a noooclear war..

That IS genuine Subaru prices.....

For years now, cam belt kits are $345 plus or $395 plus, depending on the kit, and waterpump kits are $99 plus. 

12 hours ago, boostin said:

That IS genuine Subaru prices.....

For years now, cam belt kits are $345 plus or $395 plus, depending on the kit, and waterpump kits are $99 plus. 

Armstrong quoted me $585 plus and $180 plus just last week.

6 hours ago, IZichard said:

That is the retail price, boostin is talking about the trade price.

Ask for trade and say you work at some random garage.

2 hours ago, evowrx said:

@boostin is there a stipulated list or do some dealers run more margin on cost?

I thought there was a list, but I guess there's nothing stopping dealers charging more.

10 hours ago, thewabbit1 said:

Took the legacy out to SAS this morning to talk about a tune, he can tune it, but he needs the definition files...  Anyone have any for a bh/be? Long shot I know

These might come in handy... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bocuh183lyv2rwy/AACUqbVOdiBW7Rtw0sdtALGDa?dl=0 Downloaded them from below ages ago. Seems links are dead now. 

• Like 1

Gripless

Only getting it carbon dated would be a sure way to know! xD

For the money, and the fact my last car never had one anyway, I was excited to change it! 

Standard condition for most of these cabin filters I guess? Car is a 2006, the filter doesn't have Subaru markings on it, so probably never got changed after the (2-3 year?) Dealer servicing stopped in Japan. On these hot days there was a bit of an extra smell in the car that I hope changing this fixes, and the fan didn't blow much air on the lower speed settings that I hope this fixes too., I like the fan at low speeds when it is nice and quiet but still produces a nice breeze. 

Edited by tigerstyle
  • Like 1

Contorted myself under the dash to check brake pedal switch pins.

bent bracket for OBDII port out of way (so easy to bend and clear view to switch) and fly by wire cars like the STI have 4 pin switches :D

Then got annoyed as I can't find my OBDII USB cable to check cruise control support with FreeSSM.

but wreckers have the audio and cruise switches, so thats the plan now. Fit it up and see wtf happens.

oh and got new reg sticker as last one got scared jumped out the window on the twisty roads.

15 hours ago, Gripless said:

Then got annoyed as I can't find my OBDII USB cable to check cruise control support with FreeSSM.

but wreckers have the audio and cruise switches, so thats the plan now. Fit it up and see wtf happens.

Remember looking at doing that on my ST, and the stupid thing is even with the buttons and it turned on in the ECU it lights up on the dash BUT nothing happens, turns out Ford ONLY on the ST didn't program anything behind the cruise control, so the ECU has no idea.  Bit annoying but guess its not what the car was built for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not_Sean said:

Bit annoying but guess its not what the car was built for. 

Yeah handles a bit to well to make cruise control chicken fun.

still hopefully I'll get the audio controls working as well.

also remembered that there are cruise lights as the Ecu lights them up with the engine check light.

anyway today's test is to check the front speakers as one cuts out sometimes.

Edited by Gripless
Sp

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, 1randomkiwi said:

Worked out I can turn off the engine without turning off accessory power with keyless ignition.
Apply parking brake, hit Start/Stop button, then move gear selector to park.

I park brake on, put in neutral, Start/stop then shift to park.  Just saying as it sounds like you leave it in drive, id prefer to cut the engine load before turning off.

Side note I have a 2007 Legacy BP - have you tried the morse code drivers door handle trick to get in without keys/fob - doesn't seem to work for me

• Like 1

Removed door cards to see what speakers are fitted... Factory :( 

fixed the clips up that last person to remove door cards damaged.

stuck sound deadening that was laying around in there.

now wondering what Speakers to install in there, and if I cut up a pefect set of factory speakers to make mounts for them.

• Admin
2 hours ago, killervq30de said:

I park brake on, put in neutral, Start/stop then shift to park.  Just saying as it sounds like you leave it in drive, id prefer to cut the engine load before turning off.

Side note I have a 2007 Legacy BP - have you tried the morse code drivers door handle trick to get in without keys/fob - doesn't seem to work for me

Depends how much of an incline I'm on. If it's my garage I don't bother, but for a steep street/driveway I will do as you've said.

Does your car beep when you lift the outside driver's door handle when the car is locked? Only some 4th Gen have the feature.

• Admin

I paid up the last of my fuel lines and fittings for the RA and picked em up. It's one fat stack of fittings that's for sure!

My ID1300X2's arrived as well. So parts collection complete. Maybe I'll have a running car sometime in my life lol. f4562fb948e9e448a1875ec5799034a9.jpgcb034373645a9d8026de5b64338a53d2.jpgf87a4425a26226440c63a929db07133e.jpg

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

• Like 7