Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

3 hours ago, killervq30de said:

I park brake on, put in neutral, Start/stop then shift to park.  Just saying as it sounds like you leave it in drive, id prefer to cut the engine load before turning off.

Side note I have a 2007 Legacy BP - have you tried the morse code drivers door handle trick to get in without keys/fob - doesn't seem to work for me

Push starts do not have it. My '06 BL had it. Also has to be JDM. 

@1randomkiwi just checking if you know this.  You do not have to manually disengage your e-parking brake on take-off. All you need to do is to fasten your seat belt (important), switch to D and gently tap on the fun pedal ---> e-brake will disengage automatically.  

Bimmer didn't have this feature but then I found out that it can be coded in :)

[mention=18602]1randomkiwi[/mention] just checking if you know this.  You do not have to manually disengage your e-parking brake on take-off. All you need to do is to fasten your seat belt (important), switch to D and gently tap on the fun pedal ---> e-brake will disengage automatically.  

Bimmer didn't have this feature but then I found out that it can be coded in

This then leads into the newer cars with stop start. Feature good at the lights of you feeling super lazy and can’t be assed holding foot on brake pedal

• Admin

Replaced faulty fog bulbs with yellow ones :D

50 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

@1randomkiwi just checking if you know this.  You do not have to manually disengage your e-parking brake on take-off. All you need to do is to fasten your seat belt (important), switch to D and gently tap on the fun pedal ---> e-brake will disengage automatically.  

Bimmer didn't have this feature but then I found out that it can be coded in :)

2 minutes ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

This then leads into the newer cars with stop start. Feature good at the lights of you feeling super lazy and can’t be assed holding foot on brake pedal

Hehe, yep I did know that. I actually read the owners manual when I bought the car ;)

• Like 2

That's hill assist.
A was more referring to disengaging the actual "hand"brake on initial take off. 

Ah na that’s different again. You can engage the park brake anytime when stopped and it will hold position in drive till you add power. If you select hill assist will do it anytime that hill assist has been left on I also think it needs some sort of incline as well for that one to work. Wife’s new outback has stop start and eye sight cruise control. When cruise control is selected and it brings car tot a stop it engages the park brake until power is added or up is selected to tell cruise control to continue tracking the vehicle in front.

5 minutes ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Ah na that’s different again. You can engage the park brake anytime when stopped and it will hold position in drive till you add power. If you select hill assist will do it anytime that hill assist has been left on I also think it needs some sort of incline as well for that one to work. Wife’s new outback has stop start and eye sight cruise control. When cruise control is selected and it brings car tot a stop it engages the park brake until power is added or up is selected to tell cruise control to continue tracking the vehicle in front.

Yeah hill assists need a bit of a rollback. 

Do you engage the park brake manually or it just happens automatically? Same principle anyway it seems.

I personally didn't like a bit of a lag associated with the hill assist.

Yeah hill assists need a bit of a rollback. 

Do you engage the park brake manually or it just happens automatically? Same principle anyway it seems.

I personally didn't like a bit of a lag associated with the hill assist.

Manually engage at the lights in the BR or traffic jam and then just power away when needed. The outback is awesome In traffic jam just let it deal with the traffic and it stops and starts as needed

Modified the premium speaker mounts to take the larger 6.5" speakers. Original premium was 6" 

ordered adaptor for speaker looms so it's all nice and factory.

Until then just more exhaust and road noise from missing speakers.

wrapped outside in foam that sticks up 20mm past top of speaker. Best upgrade for improved bass to seal the speaker to the inner door skin.

Edited by Gripless

11 hours ago, mlracing.co.nz said:

Sounds like all the Hondas I've had.. if it aint leaking that means you need to put more oil in

Yeah but they cost about 10c each. Which is why Hondas are good for track hacks.

Sti ones are 3-4K secondhand, something like 16k new (need :kidney: icon) 

parts for service and rebuild; cost more than a whole Honda.

• Single main bearing alone is over 1k and custom to Subaru no ndc or generic option. Some bearings you can make from two different generic ones.
  • dccd 4K or 2k rebuild kit
  • sutetrack front LSD didn't ask
  • Plus something insane like 6k for the tools to service them. (if you find someone with them they will likely be stolen as half the shops in Auckland have had mechanics take them home and never come back)
  • Oh and finding someone who's been to the official training that was in Australia, good luck.
Edited by Gripless
New emoticon

This is why I sold my sti and bought an mx5 when I wanted to get more serious about track work. So much cheaper if I break anything which is likely to happen on track. I bought my first mx5 track car for the same price as the rebuild after I nuked my ver6 at Taupo.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@delta infinity reference ones, cheapest option for 6.5 that aren't tinny. Don't like metal tweeters personally so limited options.

Maybe should have gone components but felt lazy and new exhaust will be loud so why waste money. Plus I turn the stereo off in the twisty bits.

cut the factory speaker cone out if it's intergrated frame and mounted the infinity where the cone was. All in stock locations so hidden and easy.