Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Make sure you go to the Bluetooth v4 stuff the older one actually seems to run low quality at 64kps so has no bass and sounds hollow. I like my alpine but it's not the best with Bluetooth. The phone stuff is parrot so pretty good. Lucky it has USB with iPhone etc support.

the premium is woven fibre with alloy coating and plastic tweeters but full steal frames. But only 6" so an upgrade to 6.5" gives more bass. They also seal to the inner door skin with heavy foam to keep the bass form leaking into the doors which is a nice touch.

After the head unit add a under seat sub and high pass filter and you have a really good system.

been thinking of replacing the rear center rest with a sub. Maybe an under seat one molded in so you can't see it.

8 hours ago, Gripless said:

The phone stuff is parrot so pretty good. Lucky it has USB with iPhone etc support.

+1 for Parrot. I have one of their top line models which came with my car when I bought it. Having experienced the set up and convenience of Bluetooth connectivity I won't own another vehicle without one in the future...

• Like 1

• Admin

I had Bluetooth support on my Pioneer headunit in my old Legacy, was great.

Unfortunately the stock headunit in my new Legacy has Bluetooth calling but not streaming.
The calls work great, just wish it had streaming support. Might be able to swap the headunit out for a better Subaru OEM unit with BT streaming.

1 hour ago, 1randomkiwi said:

I had Bluetooth support on my Pioneer headunit in my old Legacy, was great.

Unfortunately the stock headunit in my new Legacy has Bluetooth calling but not streaming.
The calls work great, just wish it had streaming support. Might be able to swap the headunit out for a better Subaru OEM unit with BT streaming.

Ironically on the Mcintosh HU in my BR I have BT streaming working but haven't worked out how to do BT calls yet, haha

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Obviously not in the car yet but these turned up this morning, thanks to @tweedo

Looking forward to some even front and back height finally.

24955321407_edc3fe8b0c_b.jpg

Howd you get em in bro? I'd be keen to get some at some point this year for the GRB! :) 

34 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

I am assuming those are MCAs @Andy_Mac

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Niran said:

Howd you get em in bro? I'd be keen to get some at some point this year for the GRB! :) 

I am assuming those are MCAs @Andy_Mac

MCA X-C series. Got them off Tweedo with a couple of thousand km on them. Had been looking at a set of Blues for a few months but these should do a better job and were cheaper so a win win.

Looks like they’ve done a bit of a rebrand of their models just recently so looks like Blue series is now Street Blues and X-C series becomes Street Performance from the looks of it

• Like 1

Nope can do it on the ground, but yeah torque wrench helps. Or do everything up to FT (F*** tight)

actually once the bar is undone you may want to jack the car up one side to get the bigger bar past the exhaust and over one arm (learnt this the hard swearing way). Doesn't matter which side. Then drop the car again to attach the end links. 

Adjustable bars are longer at the ends so can take a little more juggling to get in, than the old bar takes to get out. 

Not it a bad idea to pick up a brass bristled brush to clean the threads before you undo the factory stuff. Like $2-4 from warehouse/bunnings. 

Edited by Gripless
Fu autocorrect bunnings not F***ing bunnies

• Admin
5 hours ago, Gripless said:

Nope can do it on the ground, but yeah torque wrench helps. Or do everything up to FT (F*** tight)

actually once the bar is undone you may want to jack the car up one side to get the bigger bar past the exhaust and over one arm (learnt this the hard swearing way). Doesn't matter which side. Then drop the car again to attach the end links. 

Adjustable bars are longer at the ends so can take a little more juggling to get in, than the old bar takes to get out. 

Not it a bad idea to pick up a brass bristled brush to clean the threads before you undo the factory stuff. Like $2-4 from warehouse/bunnings. 

Cheers for the tips!
Found the bar had a small paint chip during transit... Thanks NZ Couriers.
So I decided to touch up the paint with some spare Legacy silver and clear coat.
Might try install this weekend.

So I was on the way home and ended up with one of these somehow :$

xDremel_12V_Lithiumion_Rotary_Tool_8220_

Which savagely attacked the rear bumper of the car when I finally arrived home.

Now the dark unpainted plastic trim from the lower section of the bumper is laying on the ground...

Rear muffler is shining and clearly visible form behind the car now. More importantly room for the new muffler B|

Just have to tidy up a few areas and figure out if it needs a under tray or diffuser. 

Edited by Gripless
Image embedding issue
  • Like 1

Another Legacy hopefully 
Where the pics at
Sadly not. Just a box standard gb Impreza with 135khs on it :) it is for the wife.

Also I'm extremely pissed off, had some 19s lined up, test fitted them all was well. Then the dude just bails on me saying he's not selling them now..... After all that mucking about. They looked sooooooo good to

• Admin
10 hours ago, Gripless said:

Now the dark unpainted plastic trim from the lower section of the bumper is laying on the ground...

Rear muffler is shining and clearly visible form behind the car now. More importantly room for the new muffler B|

Just have to tidy up a few areas and figure out if it needs a under tray or diffuser. 

pictures?

12 hours ago, Gripless said:

1 hour ago, RAYDEO said:

pictures?

31 minutes ago, Gripless said:

@RAYDEO Hope to clean it up today so it's a little more attached so I can drive it outside to get some clear pictures.

the middle bit is where all the mounts were, so it needs reinforcing before it goes anywhere or I think it will act like a parachute.

What @RAYDEO means @Gripless, is we have no idea what you're talking about because the photograph hasn't appeared as part of the post :P

• Like 1