• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

38 minutes ago, JGM said:

@SpeedySub anything missing?

No. Nothing. Nada

2 hours ago, Percy said:

Thats weird...

I have seen a stone flicked up by a passing car do that though, maybe Lisa didn't see or  hear any stones flying past.

That's the only logical explanation I could come up with as well as I was driving home with the wind whipping through my golden locks.

Now to find out how much it costs before putting a claim in. 

At least I can borrow the wife's car till it's fixed. And luckily it's not a Honda splash or suzuki funcar

Edited by SpeedySub
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

No. Nothing. Nada

That's the only logical explanation I could come up with as well as I was driving home with the wind whipping through my golden locks.

Now to find out how much it costs before putting a claim in. 

At least I can borrow the wife's car till it's fixed. And luckily it's not a Honda splash or suzuki funcar

Or Lisa did it, thought it would look awkward if she did a runner so left a note so that bystanders would think she has done the right thing...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, willisnz said:

Or Lisa did it, thought it would look awkward if she did a runner so left a note so that bystanders would think she has done the right thing...

If Lisa is in fact her real name... :ph34r:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SpeedySub said:

ib8PhG7.jpg

Just found out that the replacement is covered under my Windscreen insurancexD

Wasn't sure if it would be and couldn't remember what my excess was so I got a quote from Smith and Smith first.

$332 + GST was quite reasonable I though, I was expecting about $600+

13 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

$332 + GST was quite reasonable I though, I was expecting about $600+

Your excess will be $400 I'd imagine, $380 incl. GST at Smith & Smith sounds like a go!

Yip zero excess for glass replacement.

Yeah my excess is $400. Love State Insurance, they make it so easy to deal with. I called up to query my excess and told her what happened and she said not to worry and she would sort it out with Smith and Smith.

• Like 1

Installed new lights.

Had all weird connectors and stuff. I rewired using connectors off a spare set of bugeye lights I had lying around so I still have factory connectors on car and also the headlights just in case. The lights showing now (rings and 3 lights) are full time while the car is on but a switch could be added easily for this. This is the first wiring I have ever done 'properly' and the only ignition 12v power source I could find (for the full time lights showing) was where my boost gauge used to get power which was a wire off the factory head unit connector inside the car. bit of a pain but it will have to do. Sadly no HID bulb anymore tho :( 

20180304_185221.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin
49 minutes ago, Subru said:

Installed new lights.

Had all weird connectors and stuff. I rewired using connectors off a spare set of bugeye lights I had lying around so I still have factory connectors on car and also the headlights just in case. The lights showing now (rings and 3 lights) are full time while the car is on but a switch could be added easily for this. This is the first wiring I have ever done 'properly' and the only ignition 12v power source I could find (for the full time lights showing) was where my boost gauge used to get power which was a wire off the factory head unit connector inside the car. bit of a pain but it will have to do. Sadly no HID bulb anymore tho :( 

They look good dude.
Could wire the rings etc off the battery with a relay that switches on with the ignition or something.

Or grab a cheap harness off eBay or Aliexpress like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Daytime-Running-Light-DRL-Relay-Harness-Auto-Control-On-Off-Switch-kit-C14-/361091550190

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1randomkiwi said:

They look good dude.
Could wire the rings etc off the battery with a relay that switches on with the ignition or something.

Or grab a cheap harness off eBay or Aliexpress like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Daytime-Running-Light-DRL-Relay-Harness-Auto-Control-On-Off-Switch-kit-C14-/361091550190

Yeah thats a good idea.

Also only had black wire so it would be really annoying if someone mistook the wire thinking its a ground wire... A kit like that would be ideal.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:18 PM, Subru said:

This is the first wiring I have ever done 'properly' and the only ignition 12v power source I could find (for the full time lights showing) was where my boost gauge used to get power which was a wire off the factory head unit connector inside the car.

I had the opposite problem when trying to tap a fuse to run my DRLs, everything except the ECU fuse is always live resulting in the DRLs being on even when the car was switched off.

Where'd you get the halos, and are they bright enough to be easily visible during the day?

8 hours ago, Zenki said:

I had the opposite problem when trying to tap a fuse to run my DRLs, everything except the ECU fuse is always live resulting in the DRLs being on even when the car was switched off.

Where'd you get the halos, and are they bright enough to be easily visible during the day?

I got em from trademe but were second hand/unused. There was a brand new set on there the other day, not sure if its still there. Ill have to check, havent looked at them properly in the day lol.

• Auckland Member

Finally finished getting the car in the state of maintenance and performance that I've wanted it for the past 5 months of ownership. Waiting on new rear shocks to come but other than that and some aesthetic stuff all done. Had it tuned by Dave @ TuneTechnic at the end of last week and couldn't recommend him more highly. Great guy, really knows what hes doing and spends the extra time to get the best and safest out of it.

Quick little pic from yesterday after a drive out to anchor bay and across woodcocks, waiting for my friends proper photos!

tc4wdo9.jpg

• Like 6