Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Auckland Member

water blasted a thick film of dead bugs and roadkill blood off the front of the car from the weekend travels... waiting for the sun to go away before i clean her because im sweating like a motherf.....

12 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Well, i’m super keen to pinch them off you if @Batbaruman isn’t keen?

2 minutes ago, boon said:

Can I have third dibs? Really should replace my ning-nong china-spec alloy ones.

Alright I'll dig them out first and check the condition. Some bits haven't been touched since last June.

On 4/2/2018 at 9:51 AM, Batbaruman said:

getting my new tyres fitted next week, neuton nt5000 - not that flash but got cheap as on easter deals and should be miles better than what i have atm proper size should go long way to fixing arch gap.

I currently have these tyres (got them cheap as chips through a mate) 

They have surprisingly good reviews online - especially when compared to other tyres at a similar cost 

Previously had the neuton nt sport 2 tyres too which were mint and lasted the distance

• Like 1

I couldn't even get the oil filter off today. 3 different "oil filter wrenches" and a meaty pairs of pliers and all I'm left with is a mangled filter.

Tomorrow its screw driver and hammer time!

On 04/04/2018 at 6:57 PM, Kiwiflyboy said:

Pulled the heart of the forester out today.

6475223e6a13b258e3fcd520a81bb119.jpg

• Like 1

aight had to pass on subanoodles lugs cos funds super low atm, those post travel loaded credit card feels xD

new tyres are on now though and looking damn amazing. car looks proper low now. it's funny cos car looked like it was on stilts with the last tyres and now there is such little arch gap that i get mad guard rub on the back. front side is about 1-0.5 sneaker gap (mcm standards), back side will get a jandal (or thongxD) in there. old tyres was 215/35/18 which was complete wrong fitment (smaller than stock circumference), new ones are 235/40/18.

got a good drive out west yesterday to hike but the left side was rubbing so bad i had to take every corner way more gently than i'd have liked to (not sure why only left side and not right side) :( no photos yet cause i'll probably wait till i fix up the paint  before i bother getting photos.

which brings me to my next question. is this DIY method recommended? (video below) or worth to save bit more and have professional roll it for me? i'll have wheels off soon anyway to sand down and paint so i was gonna try tackle this at same time.. and maybe finally put those mud flaps on.

10 minutes ago, delta said:

UnGW0pR.jpg

#\!&?!

Went to a tyre shop, apparently the sidewall is damaged... looks like I'm good to change the 4 tyres...

Bugger, feel your pain after the same thing happened to me recently! Make sure to buy tyre insurance with your new set!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, willisnz said:

Bugger, feel your pain after the same thing happened to me recently! Make sure to buy tyre insurance with your new set!

Hmm, I usually avoid these kind of insurances but at the same time this never happened to me before so I'll give it a thought. How much were you charged for the insurance?

15 minutes ago, delta said:

Hmm, I usually avoid these kind of insurances but at the same time this never happened to me before so I'll give it a thought. How much were you charged for the insurance?

I think you pay $12-$15 per tyre.

I think I got it free when I got my last set from the bridgestone dealer.  The free puncher repair is good too.

ive had two tyres have the sidewall get damaged and both times had warranty replacements.

Its ok when they have the buy 3 get 1 free deal, but if it's a forced time to buy them the savings at say herb Morgan or an other unbranded dealer is too good to pass up.

3 hours ago, mlracing.co.nz said:

Woah you can get tyre insurance? Sweet 

I got it when I got my tyres through Tonys tyres.

If I recall it was about $15-20 per tyre a few years ago.

Paid its self off withing the first few months, used it twice in total for that car, definitely needed in Christchurch at the time

So it’s getting tuned tomorrow morning at Prestige Tuning and Motorsport, I’m really looking forward to see what this can do with the few mods I’ve done.

and it’s that time, guess how many wkw you think it will make, I’m hoping over 225wkw!

• Like 1