Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

I got my Notification of investigation of Recall for my Outback last night.

So good news that I would be covered if theres an issue.

Now just have to wait for the investigation to find out if my faulty airbag has been replaced in Japan.

Hopefully it has already been done.

42 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

I got my Notification of investigation of Recall for my Outback last night.

So good news that I would be covered if theres an issue.

Now just have to wait for the investigation to find out if my faulty airbag has been replaced in Japan.

Hopefully it has already been done.

I thought I read they physically marked something on the car when it was done.

mitsubishi put yellow dot or marks on recalled parts.

1 hour ago, Gripless said:

I thought I read they physically marked something on the car when it was done.

mitsubishi put yellow dot or marks on recalled parts.

I have no idea on that. From the way the letter reads it sounds like Subaru Japan check their records to see if it's been fixed then let Subaru NZ know then the send another letter letting me know if it's ok or not.

Copy the right most box into google translate. If the word 'caution' appears then most likely never done.

then there's the fact it may have been disabled with a resistor but no idea what the note for that is.

i can see the airbag in my car with the glovebox out so may check to see if it's been disabled.

Edited by Gripless

• Admin

Have you seen that box empty for some cars? I still read that as a general warning related to this particular fault that would be there regardless of the status. And is only there to inform you that if the status is not implemented then you should contact the dealer as soon as possible. 

The sentence below says essentially the same thing about visiting a dealer with slightly different wording

Lol I don't understand it at all, searched my car again now it says no recall in big red text. Not even a table there now, just no active recall and same paragraph about what is searchable and excluded.

guess the only sure way is to get a chassis number after the job is done and recheck to see if it changes.

someone who has a letter just put the chassis number in and increment it until you get a different result.

• Like 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

[edit] jk about tagging them but be careful about uploading potentially incriminating stuff online bro.

Filmed on a closed road in Mexico? :P But you're not wrong.

11 hours ago, thewabbit1 said:

FKOXjqS.jpg

Picked these up for a bargain yesterday. Like the look of them, but they sit really high....

Been there :(

thought it we be ok but long term ended up going back to v4 sti seats :( 

• Like 1

End of an era for the Fat Panda. Today took the shell down to the scrap yard and said good bye.
Has been ownership with my brother and then myself for close to 11 years since it first arrived in NZ. From 30000km up to 189000km all done on the same engine and was still going strong when removed. Was bloody good fun doing it up and hitting the track with some good surprises from others out there when they got passed or couldn’t shake it off their bumper.

A we break now while I move around nz for 12 months and then time for another project.de3bda363b88a439e8987fdabe508c93.jpg

2ffe623306bbc368ab23d1536df7ebf0.jpg

• Like 5

• Admin

Found some better seats just in time for megameet.

Preface lift Legacy seats in full leather with electric driver, airbags and heaters, same spec as the one's in there now but these actually have some adequate bolstering unlike the current couches.

26796824257_0e4ecc1f08_b.jpg

• Like 5