Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

26 minutes ago, Loren said:

What injectors can you put in them? Are all top feed injectors the same fitment?

They fit factory sti pink injectors and also have different sizes spacers for bigger aftermarket ones. As some aftermarket injectors are taller. There is a long list of injectors that fit. Looks like a nice kit. Looking forward to it arriving.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Top-Feed-Fuel-Rail-Conversion-Kit-V1-6-P1177.aspx

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ginganinja said:

They fit factory sti pink injectors and also have different sizes spacers for bigger aftermarket ones. As some aftermarket injectors are taller. There is a long list of injectors that fit. Looks like a nice kit. Looking forward to it arriving.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Top-Feed-Fuel-Rail-Conversion-Kit-V1-6-P1177.aspx

Nice. Are you upgrading to go to e85 or just want a bigger range of injectors to choose from?

Did you get the magical dampers?

Edited by Loren

They are a complete overkill for what im doing, but just got the gimmies a bit.

I was going to use factory side feed rails and flare them do a split rail set up with the yellows. But was recommended by engine builder to do it properly and use proper fittings. Which led me to aftermarket fuel rails. Which most side feed ones look cheap and nasty. And then i saw these😀. So using them with some sti pinks i have laying around.

Didnt get dampers. Just running aftermarket fuel reg.

I Removed the JDM Mcintosh stereo ( cd's  skipping and no aux in sucks big time )from my legacy wagon and fitted a double din JVC DVD Tuner 

I kept the Mcintosh amp in the process all went well with no problems no alternator whine all speakers working at this stage and a lot better radio reception thanks to pissing off the band expander put in by the dealer  ( Thanks to Guitar guys how to Guide  )

Next will be the speakers with the fronts being done first and then the rear sub and then the rear door speakers

So after selling my gtb and driving a caldina for the last month or so I think I'm going to buy a v7 wrx, it's actually been one of my dream cars for a long time. I've found a cheapish one in manual that I really like, high kys on the body but a local shop did an engine swap for one with 144 khs at 300khs so should be relatively decent.

Hopefully I get it, bloody excited.

So I test drive the v7, it just didn't feel very fast? It was boosting to 0.9 bar and i took it right up to redline but it just never felt quick. Especially compared to my gtb and even my current car which is a caldina gtt. I thought wrx's were suppose to be slow up until 4k then just take off?

16 minutes ago, iludez said:

So I test drive the v7, it just didn't feel very fast? It was boosting to 0.9 bar and i took it right up to redline but it just never felt quick. Especially compared to my gtb and even my current car which is a caldina gtt. I thought wrx's were suppose to be slow up until 4k then just take off?

gearing on wrx is not ideal, the sti is really where its at if you want significant upgrade in straight line vs the caldina, needless to say in corners the wrx will show its strengths sooner. since you mentioned engine was changed i wonder if it has had other changes such as turbo , and perhaps without a retune. one of trademarks of these cars in stock setup is that sudden 'back in your seat' torque hit in old school turbo lag fashion which doesn't take too long given it's a nice little snail. definately test drive others, especially sti version if you can.

gearing on wrx is not ideal, the sti is really where its at if you want significant upgrade in straight line vs the caldina, needless to say in corners the wrx will show its strengths sooner. since you mentioned engine was changed i wonder if it has had other changes such as turbo , and perhaps without a retune. one of trademarks of these cars in stock setup is that sudden 'back in your seat' torque hit in old school turbo lag fashion which doesn't take too long given it's a nice little snail. definately test drive others, especially sti version if you can.
I definitely expected to haul ass compared to what I'm driving now especially being a manual but man it just lacked the punch I thought it would have. I won't have access to an sti as I'm in Hicksville.(Blenheim)
I'm going to take it to a local shop here for them to look at, owner said the last owner did the engine swap but no proof. I'm really unsure on it's history.

I would be swapping it for my caldina. It's pretty tidy, drives really nice especially round corners like you said.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't like super slow or anything just didn't have that punch I was expecting, my gtb on boost went like a rocket.
I wonder if there's something wrong with it.

1 hour ago, iludez said:

I definitely expected to haul ass compared to what I'm driving now especially being a manual but man it just lacked the punch I thought it would have. I won't have access to an sti as I'm in Hicksville.(Blenheim)
I'm going to take it to a local shop here for them to look at, owner said the last owner did the engine swap but no proof. I'm really unsure on it's history.

I would be swapping it for my caldina. It's pretty tidy, drives really nice especially round corners like you said.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't like super slow or anything just didn't have that punch I was expecting, my gtb on boost went like a rocket.
I wonder if there's something wrong with it.

yeah dude find out a little more if you can, if you are flooring the pedal and don't feel it specifically punchier than caldina then something wrong with it. could be as minor as boost leaks, slightly less minor but something to cost in like not remapped if turbo is not stock, or could be much worse things.

10 minutes ago, newsuba said:

ditto !

258cjef.jpg

I had a fire extinguisher temporarily in my car for some reason and someone thought it was a good idea to put it on my boot. After hearing it rattling on the next drive, I took it out (not knowing there was an extinguisher in the boot) and noticed the pin was out and it could have easily gone off... Lesson, have them secure like that, or not in the car at all lol.

Yeah it definitely feels slow compared to my caldina. I think it's in limp mode honestly, that's what it feels like. It pretty much feels na.

I'll get it looked at and go from there. It's one of my dream cars but I can't let my excitement overtake good judgement.

yeah dude find out a little more if you can, if you are flooring the pedal and don't feel it specifically punchier than caldina then something wrong with it. could be as minor as boost leaks, slightly less minor but something to cost in like not remapped if turbo is not stock, or could be much worse things.

• Admin

Well, talk and crap luck. I just finished the nugget and got her running again for the first time in ages and yesterday I went to go drop off some Parts and the radiator blew up. Gonna see if I can get me a new one.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Dairusire said:

Well, talk and crap luck. I just finished the nugget and got her running again for the first time in ages and yesterday I went to go drop off some Parts and the radiator blew up. Gonna see if I can get me a new one.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

whjat the heck, both your race car and your runabout nugget are not running? you my friend need to visit a witch doctor

• Like 1

Took it into get scanned and had the errors for o2 sensor so was in limp mode, crankshaft sensors too. .
Took to Subaru mechanic here then we noticed last bubbling in a number of places and then turbo was smoking so I could assume there's just a lot wrong with it.
Decided to pass on it.

A
  • Like 1

fitted michelin pilot sport cup 2.

big ups to steve's tyres palmy who did a fit, balance and wheel alignment in exchange for my old tyres (2x original potenza re050a and 2 new laufenns that the previous owner fitted).

win !   :)

only driven home but steering much better, seems more comfortable riding too.

2957ss3.jpg

f09sno.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, newsuba said:

fitted michelin pilot sport cup 2.

big ups to steve's tyres palmy who did a fit, balance and wheel alignment in exchange for my old tyres (2x original potenza re050a and 2 new laufenns that the previous owner fitted).

win !   :)

only driven home but steering much better, seems more comfortable riding too.

Great pick for track days!

Are those used? Why did you pick these over the PS4S?

yes, used (about 2500km off a focus rs), got four for the price of one new one !

buying the new, the 4s is probably a better all-rounder.

cheaper than the cup 2 as well.

Edited by newsuba