Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

43 minutes ago, newsuba said:

buying the new, the 4s is probably a better all-rounder.

cheaper than the cup 2 as well.

Yeah that's why I was asking. But you got a good deal on the cup 2 so it makes sense.

The cup 2 is better on a dry track if you bring your Megane (?) RS there

7 minutes ago, newsuba said:

have you played around with tyres on your gt86 ?

Not that much, I went from stock tyres (Michelin Primacy HP) to Michelin PS3. I have a mate that has cup2 tyres on his 86 though, very good grip on the dry.

I also very much like the AD08R, made a few laps as a passenger in different cars that had those (including a Clio RS). Very progressive when losing grip.

Re positioned intercooler up and backwards a bit so I have more clearance. Still cannot fit bumper properly. Cold side pipe that exits intercooler rubs hard against the front of the bumper so there is a bit of a gap where the bumper is supposed to be flush against the fender near the wheel. Looks ugly but for now there is little I can do...

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Subru said:

Re positioned intercooler up and backwards a bit so I have more clearance. Still cannot fit bumper properly. Cold side pipe that exits intercooler rubs hard against the front of the bumper so there is a bit of a gap where the bumper is supposed to be flush against the fender near the wheel. Looks ugly but for now there is little I can do...

Unrelated, but how did things end up with that VF45?

2 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Unrelated, but how did things end up with that VF45?

Still unsure. I just fitted turbo and he got it back after that.

He took it to a Mechanic who said turbo is fitted correctly and it does have good oil/coolant flow but making same noises as last turbo. He is still looking at it tho.

Owner of the car decided to take it over wainuiomata hill (steep hill) and I bet thats buggered it for sure. I wouldn't have driven it all if it was making noises, especially over a hill... 

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Subru said:

Still unsure. I just fitted turbo and he got it back after that.

He took it to a Mechanic who said turbo is fitted correctly and it does have good oil/coolant flow but making same noises as last turbo. He is still looking at it tho.

Owner of the car decided to take it over wainuiomata hill (steep hill) and I bet thats buggered it for sure. I wouldn't have driven it all if it was making noises, especially over a hill... 

Yea loading it right up when unsure whether it’s all good or not doesn’t seem particularly smart. 

Just had a hydraulic handbrake mounted... need to hook it up still.

Also had a fireproof lid for the spare wheel well made up so I can put a surge tank and external pump etc in there

without having to seal the whole boot off.

And finally had a proper diversion plate and radiator mount made... the radiator has until now just been sitting on

rubber feet and cable tied in at the top... with foil tape to keep the air in.

Edited by Loren
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, newsuba said:

brand new they only have about 5mm.

super sticky compound, reduced tread depth to minimise squirming etc.

Very expensive if you paid anywhere near retail... I hope they both stick well and last a long time!

4 minutes ago, ginganinja said:

Thats just a v7 for you. Ive been in a few and they definitely don't chuck you back in the seat like my gc8 does with a little vf28. Hence i'm not a fan of v7's

Probably just smoother power delivery and also vavariable cams which i think smoothens power delivery out a bit.

I could be wrong but hey thats my 2cents

I've never driven one and know they have quite a bit of weight over a gc8, but pretty sure they can be made to haul ass with a decent tune.

Edited by Loren

Just now, Loren said:

I've never driven one and know they have quite a bot of weight over a gc8, but pretty sure they can be made to haul ass with a decent tune.

Edited my post as i realised i was a bit quick to respond without reading further that the car was in limp mode.

However i do feel v7's lack a bit of punch  in stock form from what im used to. Long live gc8's

Just now, ginganinja said:

Edited my post as i realised i was a bit quick to respond without reading further that the car was in limp mode.

However i do feel v7's lack a bit of punch  in stock form from what im used to. Long live gc8's

Yeah, I'm on my third... never had much inclination to get a more recent model... though I did quite like the v10 when it first came out.

45 minutes ago, Loren said:

Very expensive if you paid anywhere near retail... I hope they both stick well and last a long time!

8 hours ago, newsuba said:

yes, used (about 2500km off a focus rs), got four for the price of one new one !

:D

Edited by newsuba
  • Like 1

Have to sat v10 is a nice looking car. I just like the gc8 for the fact its old skool raw power. No fluff and bubbles. 

Went in a couple of v11's they have very smooth power delivery. But go well. Also went in a v11, R205 which was smooth but very quick. Very very nice car and also 6 pot brakes were amazing