Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

16 minutes ago, GC8E2DD said:

What are those eyes on the left for?

Just for strapping stuff down, mainly a spare wheel and jack etc, since there is no wheel well. There is one roughly in each corner... 

haven't tried using them yet.

9 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

Bought myself a few cordless power tools. Should make working on the car a heck of a lot easier in future.

I love my Ryobi 18v Impact Driver and Angle Grinder. Also have the large buffer and a drill. Got my eye on the tyre inflator.

Threw a check engine light today, got the code read and it's an o2 sensor, I don't understand why the buggers are so expensive... Mechanic reckoned it was $550, I've found a few cheaper ones but nothing under $450, except AliExpress for $50 but don't think I want to go down that route xD

Threw a check engine light today, got the code read and it's an o2 sensor, I don't understand why the buggers are so expensive... Mechanic reckoned it was $550, I've found a few cheaper ones but nothing under $450, except AliExpress for $50 but don't think I want to go down that route 

Try partsouq.com might end up cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, McMatty said:

38 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

try get hold of the correct part number for yours and chuck it in partsouq. Just checked mine and it’s 112USD before shipping. 

Ok thanks guys will do tomorrow 

11 hours ago, Saleti said:

Threw a check engine light today, got the code read and it's an o2 sensor, I don't understand why the buggers are so expensive... Mechanic reckoned it was $550, I've found a few cheaper ones but nothing under $450, except AliExpress for $50 but don't think I want to go down that route xD

Do you know the part number?

If so check here, as they have them from about $250-370.

https://www.subaruspeed.co.nz/collections/new-parts

• Admin
11 hours ago, Saleti said:

I cross referenced mine against the Denso part number (who often make OEM parts for Subaru), and then just ordered the Denso one from overseas (UK iirc).
Ended up being about $200.

Do you know which type you need?

Both below are catalogued under a V7 Wrx in my system at work.

I have them in stock but there is a big price difference between the 2 with one being aftermarket and the other Denso

Aftermarket

fcy1g4px.iom.jpg

Denso

3vmbluwl.uuc.jpg

Feel free to PM me and i will give you some pricing.

13 hours ago, McMatty said:

A few years ago I got one from Rockautos.com in the US, was around the $100(ish) mark. They have different USDM model numbers, but the part numbers matched up.You just need to to go through their database of cars to see if you can find the correct one. At the time, mine was for a V7 STi.. don't know what you need.

Also, if I remember correctly, there is a difference between front and rear (pre- or post- turbo). The one I got was front (pre-turbo, in the exhaust manifold). From the image above, it was the lower one. The big white connector on the end fit through the 'O' end of a standard 17mm (I think) ring spanner, so it was easy enough to install myself, once you get all the heat-shielding off (which was a pain).

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Dre said:

Got all my parts together today for my Legacy,Sti clutch kit,front axles,suspension bushes,pitch rod and Sti quad outlet mufflers.

Nice. Got some shifter bushings to go in mine shortly as the shifter flops around all over the place

Did you get a STI single mass flywheel too? 

If not have you confirmed what size your current one is. Will be single mass for a facelift JDM but there seems to be no consistency with these cars and can come with 240 or 230mm. 

My ones a facelift jdm.Wrx Sti clutch  kit through Wingers.The mufflers are for a bp model,so will probably just get the front pipe modded as its rubbing on a cross member and most of the weight of both mufflers is hanging on one rear exhaust mount causing vibration when on boost.Will do the mufflers at a later date when I do the tgv deletes.

Edited by Dre

12 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

Nice. Got some shifter bushings to go in mine shortly as the shifter flops around all over the place

Did you get a STI single mass flywheel too? 

If not have you confirmed what size your current one is. Will be single mass for a facelift JDM but there seems to be no consistency with these cars and can come with 240 or 230mm. 

I was told that the flywheel and pressure plate was the same size for 230 or 240mm clutch plate and that the 230mm plate was used in the Legacy to allow more clutch slip for the heavier car and driver.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Dre said:

I was told that the flywheel and pressure plate was the same size for 230 or 240mm clutch plate and that the 230mm plate was used in the Legacy to allow more clutch slip for the heavier car and driver.

Probably is then. As long as they are you’ll be sweet. Mine had a factory 240mm one in it before replacing it with an Exedy HD

Only mention it as the few place’s I looked at getting one from we're extremely hesitant to order me one without first knowing whether it was 230 or 240, thinking it wouldn’t work unless the right size. Probably the difference between someone familiar with Subaru’s vs a company covering most brands erring on the side of caution

On 6/21/2018 at 10:34 AM, Andy_Mac said:

Probably is then. As long as they are you’ll be sweet. Mine had a factory 240mm one in it before replacing it with an Exedy HD

Only mention it as the few place’s I looked at getting one from we're extremely hesitant to order me one without first knowing whether it was 230 or 240, thinking it wouldn’t work unless the right size. Probably the difference between someone familiar with Subaru’s vs a company covering most brands erring on the side of caution

Talked to mechanic today about difference between Wrx Sti and legacy 6 speed clutch,that is height of the clutch plate mounting.Wrx Sti,Legacy 6 speed flywheels and pressure plates are different.

Edited by Dre

On 6/20/2018 at 8:51 PM, Andy_Mac said:

Those shifter bushings from Corgiwerx are amazing. Had mine in for a week. Hella amazing!

MRW after I fitted them:

Edit: suggestion @Andy_Mac - should someone start a Tools thread, so we can all drool, and talk too much about tools? Just seeing 1randomkiwi's post about his new Ryobi stuff

Edited by Individualities
TOOLS
  • Like 1