Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
12 hours ago, Individualities said:

Those shifter bushings from Corgiwerx are amazing. Had mine in for a week. Hella amazing!

MRW after I fitted them:

Edit: suggestion @Andy_Mac - should someone start a Tools thread, so we can all drool, and talk too much about tools? Just seeing 1randomkiwi's post about his new Ryobi stuff

Done :D

• Like 1

Changed cold air intake into short air intake hoping I could move intercooler pipes enough so bumper would fit. I also moved intercooler back a bit more however still doesn't fit.

I can start to hear some dort dort noises from intake which is cool I guess...

Pulled out and stripped an engine on a wagon to repair the blown head gaskets.
Had my suspicions up as there were MLS (Multi Layer Steel) gaskets already fitted, indicating a previous repair job from the original composite pieces.
What I found stripping the engine down wasn't ideal..
First part, they've put the inlet cam caps back to front, despite the screaming markings on them..

42254539824_335f9fa48c.jpg

After removing the P/S head and gasket I found the culprit.
You can see on the bottom RH corner of the LH combustion chamber where the compression was leaking out of the cylinder
The gasket has cracked/split, not something I've come across before! More concerning was the corrosion along the outside of the cylinder wall...

28103992307_1bb654fd73.jpg
42254538914_f93b4dc459.jpg
42254538694_587f49f53d.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin

Did my first track day ever on Saturday (Ruapuna). Heaps of fun, managed to spin it on the second lap of the first session (coming out of the hairpin). Started the day with times ~2min, and finished with consistent 1:55s and managed a 1:53.9 on my second to last lap. Definitely pointed out some weak points on the car (mainly pads/rotors) and gave me heaps of stuff to learn!

Car didn't miss a beat, used hardly any oil and temp stayed at normal driving levels

35522451_1278924632241050_41863036914032

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Jono24 said:

What did they make the lid out of?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Aluminium.  Not sure on thickness anymore... maybe 2.5 or 3mm. maybe only 2mm... def not 3mm

Edited by Loren
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, pedro said:

Ordered cusco engine and trans mounts from RHDjapan..

Thanks for the tip Loren..

Haha, I ordered the KEIN mounts, thanks to @Andy_Mac, then found the Cusco mounts on special for only $4 more! Cusco would have been the safer option,

but KEIN have custom colours, so my engine and gearbox mounts are going to match my roll cage. Winner.

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Loren said:

Haha, I ordered the KEIN mounts, thanks to @Andy_Mac, then found the Cusco mounts on special for only $4 more! Cusco would have been the safer option,

but KEIN have custom colours, so my engine and gearbox mounts are going to match my roll cage. Winner.

Have you tried them out or have they not arrived yet? Kinda wanna replace mine with something else. Been toying between them or SAS one's but a bit concerned they’ll be too stiff. 

35 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Have you tried them out or have they not arrived yet? Kinda wanna replace mine with something else. Been toying between them or SAS one's but a bit concerned they’ll be too stiff. 

Not turned up yet... the Russian Postal Service is not fast. I'm a bit concerned that the KEIN mounts will be too soft, but I can always relpace

the bushes. Do you know what rating the SAS mounts have? KEIN use 65A shore rubber.

Edited by Loren

• Admin
1 hour ago, preim said:

Does that mean NZ13 arrived early or do we still have another week to go? :o Probably just another shipment i guess

Probably not. Mine was small so wouldn’t have been in the container shipment. 

Semi unrelated to this, does anyone have a reason why I shouldn’t chuck an engine oil temp sensor in the rear, currently blanked off block galley?

Some internet experts think it’s not as good as the front one for oil pressure since there are some branches before this one. Unless you’re on the cusp of oil pressure problems I really can’t see it making stuff all difference, even less so for oil temp.