Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

Looks like I somehow lost my forged pistons when I moved my car from SubiRex's workshop or they got lost when he moved shop. Regardless I'm down a set of pistons and wondering what the f*ck to do now :(

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

• Admin
54 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Looks like I somehow lost my forged pistons when I moved my car from SubiRex's workshop or they got lost when he moved shop. Regardless I'm down a set of pistons and wondering what the f*ck to do now :(

Bummer. Obviously buy more, surely it’s a drop in the ocean considering what she’s cost you so far :ph34r:

Meanwhile, I did a super clean gauge install in the Legacy. xD

42345867015_7488c722e4_b.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dairusire said:

checked the boot? i know there were 2 big blue fishbins of your bits next to the car before it left the old workshop, with all sorts scattered through em. 

17 hours ago, Dairusire said:

bugger dude :( forum needs a sad reacts option

9 minutes ago, Subru said:

Painted calipers gloss black. Gonna paint the "subaru" White so it stands out. Also painted a few of the interior pieces red for lols.

20180707_150326.jpg

20180708_091055.jpg

20180708_093022.jpg

Ill get a pic of that installed later on :)

damn the calipers are looking good. when you paint the letters white, i reckon you should leave out the A so it just shows "SUB RU"

• Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 4:35 PM, Dairusire said:

Ahh that s*x balls!

Guess you'll need to order new ones...

Here are some stats for you:

K52iod8.jpg

You're not alone!

• Like 2

Received some gadgets from China yesterday

GVg1t4S.jpg

The smart car charger is a Bluetooth to FM transmitter. I am the kind of guy who like listening to FLAC files but burning CD's is too time-consuming so I'll see how it goes with that.

• Admin
45 minutes ago, delta said:

Received some gadgets from China yesterday

The smart car charger is a Bluetooth to FM transmitter. I am the kind of guy who like listening to FLAC files but burning CD's is too time-consuming so I'll see how it goes with that.

All the gain from the quality of FLAC will be lost over the Bluetooth and FM Radio compression :(

CD is the easiest format. I'm considering purchasing a FLAC compatible headunit for reading via USB.

I installed some stuff, and got some stuff in the mail. A shift knob from Raceseng in translucent red (already had the silver core, so just got a red one):

vg5uxwF.jpg 

Some red aluminium surrounds for the AC knobs:

DIKFfVT.jpg

And lastly, a shiny new Process West Verticooler kit arrived, courtesy of @mlracing.co.nz, which will be installed this weekend along with a Boomba short-shift plate, a Perrin brass shifter bushing, and a Perrin steering dampener lockdown:

eB2AB1M.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, 1randomkiwi said:

All the gain from the quality of FLAC will be lost over the Bluetooth and FM Radio compression :(

CD is the easiest format. I'm considering purchasing a FLAC compatible headunit for reading via USB.

Yeah but I'm thinking about getting a Spotify subscription anyway, I will definitely lose in quality but will be more convenient.

Problem with FLAC is that I have a limited amount of albums and I end up always listening to the same stuff.

1 hour ago, Andy_Mac said:

@KiwiJoe how do you like the feel of it? 

Need a new one but really can’t make my mind up. There’s a few stainless one's I really like the look of but not keen on dealing with the heat issues. 

The shift knob feels great. It's a lot heavier that the factory knob (which is light and feels pretty rubbish), which makes shifting easier. It has a Delrin cover so heat and cold aren't a problem: this is why I never looked at the solid metal versions. Considering it's something you touch all the time, it was definitely worth the upgrade.  

• Like 2