Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

40 minutes ago, HannesNel said:

Thanks! And by set, I assume you mean 4 pads, 2 for each front wheel, just to clarify.

mmm, I need to drive there so taking sample might be tricky :P

6 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Could always just whip one out ahead of time and trace the shape out on a piece of paper.

What he said ^^^^

A set is 4 pads, enough for both left and right sides

Edited by Zeus
muck up
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iludez said:
1 hour ago, Individualities said:
 Imagine what it would be like with a 6 speed, and those shorter ratios.

Yeah man I can imagine, though this does have a short shifter installed

If you ever get a chance to, do so.

Also same with a S401 - the 6 speed with the twins is rather fun!

New spark plugs in. (NGK Platinum - PFR6G 4793). Fun job on a boxer. Managed to do it without removing battery.

Also fitted new leather gear boot (92072FC000). Armstrongs quoted $255. But ordered it from Amayama and got it ex-Jap for $100 in less than two week. Apart from its grey, rather than black.

Found a split coolant hose while under the hood, so time for another order.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 0:41 PM, Zeus said:

Go to a BNT  $56.15+ a set

Front DB1491

Rear 2 sizes, so maybe take a sample. DB1803CP (111x38x14) or DB1379CP (108x42x14)

So.....Went to Repco, got the BNT DB 1491, DB1803CP and DB1379CP. - Lady says I can return the size I don't use.

All round the brakes were fine, so need to find what else might be causing the noise that sounds like metal on metal when I sometimes brake.

BUT interesting, the rear pads are the DB 1379 - they fit, BUT the fronts are not DB1491....See photo below.

I'll take this to repco so they can run the codes as well, but did someone upgrade the stock calipers?

5509f1af-1bb6-4868-a32d-8a3a65f9c668-ori
d3f1dc81-70f3-4bc2-998a-15c5710534b1-ori

Edited by HannesNel

56 minutes ago, HannesNel said:

ok so research reveals its the standard Subaru parts but lsited for 2011-2014 modules?

Subaru part # 26226XA04 or also knows as part #26296AJ010 it seems

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru__/49235199__6024724/FRONT-BRAKE/W10-262-01.html

Now to find the replacement for them

They will be DB1722 :D, standard pads for BL5/BP5 and BLE/BPEs and obviously some 5th gens as well. If you wanted to be 100% sure you can print the size guide from Bendix and they should match the pads exactly.

https://catalogue.bendix.com.au/manufacturer/subaru/series/liberty-2003-2009-bl-bp/vehicle/2-0-turbo-awd-180-kw-awd-sedan-bl-bp?filter=Disc Pad Set&alternative=Std. Brakes#DB1722

Edited by calebwrx
  • Like 1

Got Hub assembly back in car with new bearing and took it back out for a drive. So good driving it after a week of driving a floppy kia people mover...

Although after the drive I came back and there was smoke coming out of the bonnet from under the rocker cover on driver side... no idea what it is, ill just keep an eye on it.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Subru said:

Got Hub assembly back in car with new bearing and took it back out for a drive. So good driving it after a week of driving a floppy kia people mover...

Although after the drive I came back and there was smoke coming out of the bonnet from under the rocker cover on driver side... no idea what it is, ill just keep an eye on it.

Have you had the rocker cover gaskets replaced? My legacy the same symptoms...

Just now, thewabbit1 said:

Have you had the rocker cover gaskets replaced? My legacy the same symptoms...

Nah.

They do leak oil and I do have the gasket set but I have not done it yet because im not quiet confident enough. I could easily do it but im worried about the bolt torque as I cant get a torque wrench in there.

It never smoked before but maybe a lot of oil leaked out after it has been sitting for a week?

1 minute ago, thewabbit1 said:

I'd say that its likely enough has dripped onto something for you too see smoke. Its probably always been smoking and you've never noticed it

Maybe it has been smoking a little but this time it was unmissable when I was pulling up at the house.

Probably was just a drop of oil or something.

Was putting everything back together after replacing both rear wheel bearings and trailing arms on the Santa Fe, and realised I'd bent the end of the upper control arm ball joint on the left hand side. Went to pull the upper control arm out (ball joint is integral with the arm!), and realised the mounts are ON TOP of the subframe and inaccessible without dropping the subframe! Looked at my little trolley jack. Looked at my scissor jack. Looked at the tractor jack. Wished I had Pedro's hoist. Went for a beer.

• Like 3

On 12/11/2018 at 11:11 PM, Andy_Mac said:

I don't yet have any idea how it works but I've got a corgiwerx ’short shifter’ that’ll be going in shortly. It was pretty damn cheap.

Think it's just a throw reduction rather than throw and height like most.

Have u installed this yet?

15 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Aftermarket

What aftermarket ecu and who is doing the install.Will you be able to run canbus and get the dash display working correctly.Is the install piggybacked with factory ecu or standalone.Sorry for all the questions.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Dre said:

What aftermarket ecu and who is doing the install.Will you be able to run canbus and get the dash display working correctly.Is the install piggybacked with factory ecu or standalone.Sorry for all the questions.

Don't want to say too much until it’s in and working as expected, but it's an Emtron v11 onwards plugin ECU which will run standalone. Link is obviously a lot cheaper but they don't offer a v11 plugin which looks to be what facelift BL/BP’s need. Pre’s are closer to v10’s. 

DTech is doing the work. Had it up with them a little while ago for them to have a play around and turns out only a couple of wires need to be moved and the CANBUS is equally close. They even plugged one they had sitting there in and got the car running with it including the dash.

• Like 4

Awesome,can’t wait to see end result.Is there a possibility of running flex fuel with the Emtron ecu?

Checked Emtron site,flex fuel is available.Good luck with the install.

Edited by Dre

Right, next big ticket item (and it's an auto so don't worry about a manual car running away) is a remote start/keyless entry for my GT.

I searched on the forum but not much info except for OEM.

I found some brands....has anyone done something and can recommend a brand?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Compustar-Car-Auto-Remote-Start-Starter-w-Keyless-Entry-Bypass-Module-Bundle/312331604999?epid=1642395152&hash=item48b86a1407:g:QQsAAOSw6jJb9aQI:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

https://www.carid.com/2006-subaru-legacy-remote-start/

The guys in the states seem to talk about Compustar quite a bit

Edited by HannesNel
  • Like 1