Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

42 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Geez you'd have to be keen to take out a S8 on a road course. They do well for their size but it's still a whale.

Too big to be fast on a street course... but sounds awesome... this one has a very nice exhaust setup from llama.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, pedro said:

Bought a 3inch stainless exhaust because quite cheap and shiney..

Looks loud sitting on the floor..:o

You know something is gonna be loud when it's sitting on the floor and you can already imagine the "Crap... My neighbours are gonna hate me" amount of loud it's gonna be.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SpeedySub said:

No picture?

You are asking alot from an old man Speedy.

Genuine luditte when it comes to that stuff..

its from Finebiz performance on Trademe $259..

How could anyone resist such a fine thing..xD

• Like 1

Just now, pedro said:

You are asking alot from an old man Speedy.

Genuine luditte when it comes to that stuff..

its from Finebiz performance on Trademe $259..

How could anyone resist such a fine thing..xD

Thanks, that's the next best thing thing!

Will have a look.

1 hour ago, Dairusire said:

Got stuck into the RA today. 

Clutch is in, motor is in. Tomorrow is fueling and electronics and me finding out the parts that have gone missing over two years. Lets get er dooone! 

Nice one mate!

Is that the ej205 you were talking about or the original engine?

• Admin
Just now, IZichard said:

Nice one mate!

Is that the ej205 you were talking about or the original engine?

It is indeed the EJ205. I think what I'm gonna end up doing is sleeving the CDB I blew up to 2.2L and then stroking it to 2.35. 

Something different that's not really done here and is known to work well overseas.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

It is indeed the EJ205. I think what I'm gonna end up doing is sleeving the CDB I blew up to 2.2L and then stroking it to 2.35. 

Something different that's not really done here and is known to work well overseas.

I like the sound of this... making me want to go down that route of making mine a 2.2.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Individualities said:

I'd probably do a combination of stroke/bore - more stroke, for torque. Gotta have the 8000rpm redline though, WRX STI 6 speed gearing woooo

Thats the point of what I'm doing. 

With that 2.0 CBD you retain the strength with sleeving, and then convert to dual thrust.

go to 2.2L 96MM sleeve rather than the 2.5 99 (or 99.5 - 100 depending on your route), and hiff in a 2.5L crank. 

You get to keep for the most part the RPM's of a smaller 2.0 motor while having some of the torque or the 2.5. It's a good middle ground that not many people in NZ have caught onto yet, and I'm gonna run with it and see how far I can push it. 

Closed deck, sleeved and forged internals could see me well. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dairusire said:

I've only heard of my car in nz with the closed deck 2.2l stroked to 2.35l which is why I bought it, might be a couple more but never heard of them. I believe the reason you don't see them in nz is because we never got the closed deck 2.2l block either domestically or imported from Japan (aside from a couple of 22b's).

I've only heard of my car in nz with the closed deck 2.2l stroked to 2.35l which is why I bought it, might be a couple more but never heard of them. I believe the reason you don't see them in nz is because we never got the closed deck 2.2l block either domestically or imported from Japan (aside from a couple of 22b's).
Pretty sure he means boring out a 2.0 CDB and sleeving it, compared to yours being a factory 2.2 cdb.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

With that 2.0 CBD you retain the strength with sleeving, and then convert to dual thrust.

go to 2.2L 96MM sleeve rather than the 2.5 99 (or 99.5 - 100 depending on your route), and hiff in a 2.5L crank. 

You get to keep for the most part the RPM's of a smaller 2.0 motor while having some of the torque or the 2.5. It's a good middle ground that not many people in NZ have caught onto yet, and I'm gonna run with it and see how far I can push it. 

Do you happen to know the rough weight of a 96mm piston?

I've read that the weight of the 99+mm pistons don't play nicely with the cheaper h beam rods (eagle h beam etc) and those engines are more prone to rod failure.

It must all help with engine longevity at the high performance end (lighter pistons being easier on the rods).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Dairusire said:

I'm probably gonna buy a V7 STI EJ207, close deck it, and forged internals - kinda like how the Speed Academy fellas are doing at the moment.

I'm gonna be building this engine up for a while, with the intent of throwing it in the car once it's all done, and I have everything ready for the swap to happen, like Haltech ECU etc as well.

First, MCA coilovers & Whiteline for the suspension, and upgrade the transmission/diffs, before engine happens.

• Like 1