Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin

Today is the day I got to eat some of my own humble pie. I have as such come here to repent for my sins.

Turns out I was totally off the mark and am a complete oaf when it comes to wiring. Yep you heard it, got it about as wrong as you can get. Simply put I didn't terminate the positive OR negative well enough and that was all. Had nothing to do with the patch loom I bought.

As such, the wideband is working now but the battery is stuffed... Onto the charger it is!

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• Admin
9 hours ago, Dairusire said:

Today is the day I got to eat some of my own humble pie. I have as such come here to repent for my sins.

Turns out I was totally off the mark and am a complete oaf when it comes to wiring. Yep you heard it, got it about as wrong as you can get. Simply put I didn't terminate the positive OR negative well enough and that was all. Had nothing to do with the patch loom I bought.

As such, the wideband is working now but the battery is stuffed... Onto the charger it is!

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Haha bugger. We've all made silly mistakes like that before.

• Like 1

New shifter boot is finished and installed. Made from proper hide leather, not vinyl like they do from factory.

Doesn't fit as well as the original, but was a HELL OF A LOT CHEAPER than going for an original Subaru one (at about $450). The one made by the upholsterer was just over $100.

Also painted all my interior lower plastic pieces one colour - Satin Black. Specifically using VHT paint.

So simple process - ColorPak Plastic Adhesion promoter, wait 2 hours - ColourPak Grey Primer Surfacer, 3/4 light/medium coats 10-15 minutes apart, wait 7 hours for it to cure, then sand back with 600 grit sandpaper - VHT Satin Black quick coat enamel (followed instructions on can). Left them all for a week while I was away, for the paint to properly cure 100%, and they look good! Beats the fake wood finish plastic that was there before (someone had replaced the interior in my S401 in it's past, with something else).

Edited by Individualities

Just got my new,used Legacy Sti wheels back from Arrow Wheels for track day wheels and purchased a set of new matched Sti blue injectors for my Legacy tgv delete,top feed parallel fuel rail conversion.

• Like 1

• Admin

Some angry mounts turned up today to go with the brackets from last week.

Could be a terrible decision or a good one. I'm really not sure how they’re gonna go but figured it was worth a shot since something in the front end feels weird and they're the number one suspect. If they're too rough i’ll pull them out and grab some Group N mounts like most sane Subaru owners do.

Plus the good chap chucked in a free pitchstop mount as the logo stamping was done wrong so all in all a good deal i’d say :D

47276060931_6a96582124_b.jpg

In other more annoying news, I'm still getting a large plume of smoke when back on throttle for 5ish seconds after super long descents with quite a bit of braking so it looks like the valve stem seals are leaking to some degree.

Hoping they just stay as they are and don't get any worse but now wondering if replacing them in the spare heads is a good maintenance item to do before they eventually go in.

• Like 3

• Admin
18 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

+12mm front

+15mm rear

Very happy with the fitment, that booty is even fattier now  :x

Assume you're talking about spacers?

Looks meaty as. Wish the Legacy had some wider rear arches. They look so flat and dated in comparison to any modern vehicle.

14 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Assume you're talking about spacers?

Looks meaty as. Wish the Legacy had some wider rear arches. They look so flat and dated in comparison to any modern vehicle.

Yep, I have to admit I was very much against them on any of my Legacies but seeing so many people happily slapping spacers on their bimmers all over the world made me to reconsider...  Got some extended bolts to match too.

Had a quick catch up with @im-a-bus and her gorgeous M3 (fitted with spacers too, obviously...)  and she pretty much convinced me that there is nothing wrong with having spacers on ya bimmah :ph34r: :D

• Like 2

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Individualities said:

I will happily say that I prefer wheel nuts and studs over bolts.

You can get thread in bolts for most Euro cars, that you can then throw a nut on anyway.

Oh I definitely prefer wheel nuts and studs for the most part. Especially for changing tyres.

• Like 1