Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Gripless said:

Already on the second one in the car. 

Pssssh Catch up mayte. I'm on my Fourth Gearbox and third motor and third fuel system revision 😂 Fourth Motor incoming as I need to get the numbers the same obviously.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

Pssssh Catch up mayte. I'm on my Fourth Gearbox and third motor and third fuel system revision 😂 Fourth Motor incoming as I need to get the numbers the same obviously.

I feel my car maybe younger than yours so it has a little growing to do. 

I’ve ordered a new motor so that would be 2nd motor but counting the previous rebuild 3rd. And technically that one is rebuilt from another so we’ll go 4th motor build. 

Sadly by your logic I now need to expect  another 2 gearboxes to get ordered.  

I was planning a 3rd to fit new bearings as an excuse to do the front LSD. 

Does it count if I get it rebuilt then stripped and rebuilt again before it goes on the car?

• Admin
56 minutes ago, Gripless said:

I feel my car maybe younger than yours so it has a little growing to do. 

I’ve ordered a new motor so that would be 2nd motor but counting the previous rebuild 3rd. And technically that one is rebuilt from another so we’ll go 4th motor build. 

Sadly by your logic I now need to expect  another 2 gearboxes to get ordered.  

I was planning a 3rd to fit new bearings as an excuse to do the front LSD. 

Does it count if I get it rebuilt then stripped and rebuilt again before it goes on the car?

It's a terrible fate that beholds us Subaru owners. I believe in you though, smash those next 2 gearboxes! 

Also, yes it does count. My first box (5 speed) I stripped 3rd and 4th, put in a second hand wrecker box that was noisy as hell while the 1st got rebuilt and then put in as the third box. The third box then got replaced by my now current s204/V10 STi (same part number... So lets claim it anyway!) 6 speed box. 

I dropped the wrx off at the mechanics for a full twin scroll conversion today... didn't quite go to plan due to the new oil pressure/temp sensor I installed not having a matching thread to the port I stuck it in, and forgot to check... the smell and clouds of smoke let me know though. Managed to turn around and get home before catching fire though.

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Loren said:

I dropped the wrx off at the mechanics for a full twin scroll conversion today... didn't quite go to plan due to the new oil pressure/temp sensor I installed not having a matching thread to the port I stuck it in, and forgot to check... the smell and clouds of smoke let me know though. Managed to turn around and get home before catching fire though.

Obviously not enough silicone used. Rookie mistake. haha

• Admin

Picked up some far less angry Group N engine mounts to try. The Kein ones are progressively getting better but still kind of annoying.

The GN ones will be a good test set since The Kein and sloppy worn factory ones really are on the opposite ends of the scale. Currently I've been comparing the Kein harshness to rubbish factory ones without any idea how harsh the midground ones are so opinions may change.

33662755478_8bd9f89c96_b.jpg

• Like 3

Someone reversed into my wagon while I was sitting in it 😑. Looks like it messed up the number plate, bent the bonnet latch support and put a medium scratch on the bumper.

The condenser and radiator are both still sealed thankfully. I’ll pull the bumper off an take a closer look this weekend.

Only minor damage but still pretty lame for a Friday arvo...

• Sad 2

• Admin
38 minutes ago, IZichard said:

Someone reversed into my wagon while I was sitting in it 😑. Looks like it messed up the number plate, bent the bonnet latch support and put a medium scratch on the bumper.

The condenser and radiator are both still sealed thankfully. I’ll pull the bumper off an take a closer look this weekend.

Only minor damage but still pretty lame for a Friday arvo...

At least you were there to catch them in the act. Nothing worse than coming back to nice new dents without any form of contact from the muppet

16 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

At least you were there to catch them in the act. Nothing worse than coming back to nice new dents without any form of contact from the muppet

Yeah that would have sucked. The guy was very apologetic, said he liked the car and felt terrible. It was outside my work and he works next door so I doubt he would have done a runner.

• Like 2

I’ve just about got everything together to install the 20g. Injectors, turbo inlet and injectors on the shelf. Ordered a pitch stop, engine mounts, fuel pump, catch can and replacement coolant hoses. Only thing left to order is the front mount but I’m still weighing my options there.

On 5/04/2019 at 3:57 PM, Andy_Mac said:

Picked up some far less angry Group N engine mounts to try. The Kein ones are progressively getting better but still kind of annoying.

The GN ones will be a good test set since The Kein and sloppy worn factory ones really are on the opposite ends of the scale. Currently I've been comparing the Kein harshness to rubbish factory ones without any idea how harsh the midground ones are so opinions may change.

33662755478_8bd9f89c96_b.jpg

Hows the install? I’ve ordered the full Cusco set including the trans mount. 

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, Abomb said:

I’ve just about got everything together to install the 20g. Injectors, turbo inlet and injectors on the shelf. Ordered a pitch stop, engine mounts, fuel pump, catch can and replacement coolant hoses. Only thing left to order is the front mount but I’m still weighing my options there.

Hows the install? I’ve ordered the full Cusco set including the trans mount. 

Not too bad really. Need to remove the headers if using factory twinscroll ones but may get away with leaving them for single if you're lucky. 

Trans mount is super easy and shouldn't cause any issues. Interested to hear how the Cusco stuff compares to Kein for noise and vibrations

7 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

Not too bad really. Need to remove the headers if using factory twinscroll ones but may get away with leaving them for single if you're lucky. 

Trans mount is super easy and shouldn't cause any issues. Interested to hear how the Cusco stuff compares to Kein for noise and vibrations

Headers will be off anyways, I’m planning on doing all the mounts at the same time I install the nzkw uelh and turbo. Also haven’t had upgraded engine mounts before so it’ll be comparison to stock. So lots of vibration im

sure. After the turbo and various parts get installed the next big thing will end up being pretty much the entire white line suspension bushing upgrade for diffs and the like. 

also, when I do that I’ll have a standard set of sti headers with external gate flange and grimmspeed cross pipe up for sale. 

Edited by Abomb
Added some stuff
  • Like 1

Curbed a wheel from a perfect set I’ve had for like, 8 years. Feelsbad.jpg 

Pulled some speakers from the Gf8 to measure and see if my other ones will fit, just need some spacers, got my front right speaker going again, and found my 200gig folder worth of music. Never been one for ICE, but it looks like this thing is getting some Doof Doof 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AdamOst said:

Tried to use my mx5 like a subaru. Didnt go very well but it was a lot of fun.

Come on, there is no reason why an MX5 could not whoop a WRX's behind at an autox... it's entirely dependent on the layout and the hair dresser behind the wheel.

Edited by Loren
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

in terms of outright handling, mx5 walks all over any wrx/sti.
checkout lists of best handling cars and you'll find them full of 2wd cars like the mx5, or even fwd !

Even a Honda Civic beats sti around track these days :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Haha, yeah I let the side down more than the car, although semi slicks are not ideal on grass.I got a top 6 and a 12th or something on 2 courses, but got a few time penalties for hitting cones :P Main issue was tire grip and gearing, 1st gear was just wheelspin and second gear bogged occasionally. There was a bunch of stockish mx5s who did way better than me due to consistency.

Was a good laugh anyway.

The event was dominated by small fwd hatches like echos and stuff driven by way more experienced drivers. This was my first time on grass with it.

Edited by AdamOst
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Batbaruman said:

Even a Honda Civic beats sti around track these days :(

The new FK8 does. Not suprised though - the aero on it is bad, but screams "I'm fast" - while doing so with a very boring sounding inline 4 turbo.

I'd still have the old EP3 Type R over the newer ones any day. Won't be as fast as a WRX/STI though :)

• Like 1