Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

5 minutes ago, newsuba said:

jdm fd2 ftw   😉

FD2R are so nice or for that raw track feeling a EK9 type r would be epic. 

I have had so many Hondas, don't know why I ditched them to make build a Subaru 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Inked said:

FD2R are so nice or for that raw track feeling a EK9 type r would be epic. 

I have had so many Hondas, don't know why I ditched them to make build a Subaru 🤣

I'm interested, what actually made you make this decision? Buying opportunity or desired one for a while? Always been a Honda man myself - and I don't know many Honda owners that have any interest in Subaru's 🙂

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mulac said:

I'm interested, what actually made you make this decision? Buying opportunity or desired one for a while? Always been a Honda man myself - and I don't know many Honda owners that have any interest in Subaru's 🙂

I am not 100% sure to be honest with you, I think it was the overall picture. I have been through about 9 Honda's and this is my second Subaru. After owning my first (95 WRX) I just loved the feeling of them, They are great cars to jump in and drive day to day, you have torque when you want it and boost when you want also. I find the interiors from the later models up in WRX's really nice as well. Plus the AWD is so much fun! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, newsuba said:

jdm fd2 ftw   😉

True. They are the ULTIMATE Type R really. But for me, the EP3 sticks out the most, for it's whacky gear lever coming out of the dash.

And, the K20 - such a wonderful engine! Far less to worry about maintenance wise compared to the older B16B. Heck, even the normal K20/K24's are something if tuned well.

SpeedAcademy threw a high mileage one in a Nissan S14, and it makes like 200whp, which is impressive for a old, worn engine, that came out of a nothing fancy Accord. Redline at 8000rpm, which is pretty high for a 2.4. They have plans to turbo it...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

Finally found some time to install the whiteline goodies that arrived last week. Now just to find the time to see how it has changed how the car handles.
5a435770b846f4a9ec4c28014ce3c2d2.jpg81ce23cb4a6d2b9922be70255672e16c.jpg

Dang I still have some brand new underbody braces (Hardrace) and used Cusco, would've been cheaper than those whitelines ;)

That rear sway bar should make it handle so much better. Stock one is a joke.

• Like 2

Dang I still have some brand new underbody braces (Hardrace) and used Cusco, would've been cheaper than those whitelines

That rear sway bar should make it handle so much better. Stock one is a joke.

The braces I keen on didn’t know you had the rear sway bar though?
Old size was 16mm now 22 with 3 way adjustable better make a difference.

1 hour ago, Kiwiflyboy said:

The braces I keen on didn’t know you had the rear sway bar though?
Old size was 16mm now 22 with 3 way adjustable better make a difference.

Sway bar was sold ages ago unlike a bunch of braces that I never get around to itemise and list properly. Have some for the front and a few for the rear including one that goes across, kind off like an underbody strut brace :D 

16mm is not as bad, if I remember correctly NZ new had 14mm there.. I first upgraded to an STI GRB swaybar and then to Ultraracing.

• Like 1

Back to the circuit after the offroadin stint the other week. Had a bunch of issues with 5th gear, need to do the bushes and whatnot so I dont have so much play in each gear.

Half a second slower than my PB last year.

And the not so good bit of the day...

• Like 5

Need to buy some flappy sanding wheels to do the intake manifold. Pretty sure that will be the rest of the day sanding and grinding. 

If if you are going to do TVG clean up yourself get more supplies than you think it will take. Alloy clogs up everything even with wd40 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Gripless said:

Need to buy some flappy sanding wheels to do the intake manifold. Pretty sure that will be the rest of the day sanding and grinding. 

If if you are going to do TVG clean up yourself get more supplies than you think it will take. Alloy clogs up everything even with wd40 

I've done two sets now with carbide burrs on the end of a 10v makita battery drill without cutting fluid.

Hacksaw out the centre divider as close to the sides as possible then slowly work it down with the carbide burrs until it blends with the rest.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Andy_Mac said:

I've done two sets now with carbide burrs on the end of a 10v makita battery drill without cutting fluid.

Hacksaw out the centre divider as close to the sides as possible then slowly work it down with the carbide burrs until it blends with the rest.

Sounds like too much work..... Just get the hole saw out and send it.... She'll be fine.

@Andy_Mac yes for the TVG it’s carbide and sanding. 

I was playing with stones and they clog up way to fast but make a nice job being bigger diameter. 

With carbide and a hacksaw a half day should be enough. 

Have mostly finished but waiting on heads before I make the final taper as I think the TVG needs about another 1.5mm bigger all around to match the heads. 

For the manifold the flapper wheels on a 200mm shaft should be able to get further inside than the carbide can to smooth it out nicer. 

Edited by Gripless
  • Like 1

Currently on a bus heading to Christchurch to pick up the new wagon.

Friggin exciting !

Didn’t wash mine but done lot of smaller detailing stuff on hinges / door jam areas, those corners by wipers and all etc. gonna run wax in those areas maybe later tonight then move on to main body detailing later on.

anyone know cheapest place to get clay bars?

Headlights aren’t perfect but better than before. Not sure I wanna proceed to sand them down until I figure out the best sealant . So far just light polish with scratch swirl remover , headlight doc, finish with couple coats of meguiars gold class (carnauba based so won’t last very long)
a9187b0d4383585e8cafb548a21f39d4.jpg

Treated windshield ahead of rainy season with this stuff
ee43d25831b532ac27f0ec1c321efcab.jpg

... and sold the skyline last night , Will actually miss it somewhat, that quick comfort and all. New owner is stoked as though , I know he’ll enjoy it
7d0f0a01d85fd8c73b27ef55d92d58cb.jpg

Asked in my thread but maybe someone knows here about this... missing bolt from my rear wing. Doesn’t seem to have thread so can’t just chuck bolt in. Anyone happen to know what parts I should order or where I can get from please? Assuming there is some plate with thread to slide in to spoiler then can bolt down. Thanks
dfbfaf655ab560be87aba972ca2163af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Batbaruman said:

Treated windshield ahead of rainy season with this stuff
ee43d25831b532ac27f0ec1c321efcab.jpg

I actually find that Mothers Chrome Polish works an absolute charm for me. On the outside at least.

Put a couple of coats on my Legacy windscreen ages ago (like, over a year), and the rain still beads up nicely!

• Like 3