Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

On 24/05/2019 at 10:57 PM, McMatty said:

Big day today, didnt take many photos but you get the jist of it. Dont suppose anyone has a rolling body lying around?

Ahh man well done on salvaging what you can. Whatever happened to that Rev-A? BE5 you had? I think now is a good time to pickup a Rev-D rolling body with ECU.  Plop in your powertrain and single T it. I'm tempted to offer you my "Currently" rolling body BE5-D 

• Like 1

Ahh man well done on salvaging what you can. Whatever happened to that Rev-A? BE5 you had? I think now is a good time to pickup a Rev-D rolling body with ECU.  Plop in your powertrain and single T it. I'm tempted to offer you my "Currently" rolling body BE5-D 
Had to scrap it because I had to move house. Currently looking for a rev c sedan body because I dont know if my rev b drivetrain will work properly with the rev d. But hey, open to be corrected haha

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, McMatty said:

Had to scrap it because I had to move house. Currently looking for a rev c sedan body because I dont know if my rev b drivetrain will work properly with the rev d. But hey, open to be corrected haha

Any generation 4 cyl will work with a Rev-D because it is tunable. Rev-B will work great as the compression ratio is slightly lower than Rev-D 8.5:1 rather than 9:1. Makes it easier to tune on our trash fuel imo.. and your engine has already proven it likes to make power so pairing it with a Rev-D ECU and a tune would be ideal 

• Like 2

Any generation 4 cyl will work with a Rev-D because it is tunable. Rev-B will work great as the compression ratio is slightly lower than Rev-D 8.5:1 rather than 9:1. Makes it easier to tune on our trash fuel imo.. and your engine has already proven it likes to make power so pairing it with a Rev-D ECU and a tune would be ideal 
Someone find me a rev d body! my block is at almost 270km so suppose itll need a freshen up

Ordered some Milwaukee tools from Placemakers!

Have a pretty fly deal at the moment for a OneKey Drill and 1/2" impact wrench, with two 5Ah batteries, 12V/18V fast charger, carry case, one 12V 2Ah battery, and you can redeem via the Milaukee NZ site a 12V underhood light or 25 piece drill set. Payed $1180.48 (the lovely lady who served me got about $150 off).

Valid till the 31st of May for those interested.

Edited by Individualities
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gripless said:

They have a screw driver hex attachment for that 1/2”. 

Also if you look about there are drill bits that are hex mount into the drill. No chuck no slip. Just click on and make holes

Yeah their drill bits have a hex base, which is good for use in a normal chuck.

I got the Impact Wrench - that's the BIG BOY which can do over 1000Nm of torque - great for CV nuts that won't come undone lol

1 hour ago, Individualities said:

Yeah their drill bits have a hex base, which is good for use in a normal chuck.

I got the Impact Wrench - that's the BIG BOY which can do over 1000Nm of torque - great for CV nuts that won't come undone lol

Yeah that’s what I have still works as a drill  if you buy the socket to hex adapter 

@Individualities https://www.milwaukeetool.com.au/accessories/fastening/socket-and-adapters/48034410.html

work with screw bits for brake discs and drilling provided you keep it on the 1 low speed mode. 

Edited by Gripless
  • Like 1

Someone find me a rev d body! my block is at almost 270km so suppose itll need a freshen up

Some very cheap rev d wagons on trademe at the moment with high kms. I keep an eye out just for research purposes..

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Some very cheap rev d wagons on trademe at the moment with high kms. I keep an eye out just for research purposes..

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

By cheap I mean $500 haha

• Admin

/me sighs. 

The RA's ECU has been sent back to link.

One issue after another, but hopefully we're finally reaching the end of my problems with this car lol. 

The aforementioned changes to my wiring did approximately diddly squat and apparently didn't fix my problem of low voltages to the ECU. None the less, a better wiring run is now in place for multiple things, so there should be zero issues with powering it, and serviceability is better. 

So after checking that my 12V supply to ECU was good to Chassis ground, I checked against the four grounds my ECU has on plugs A and B of the Storm ECU. Testing to each one, all the same 12.8v to those grounds, and that's including the one ground which was dodgy looking (reterminated after I found it anyway) which still had no issues. 

last test was to pop the plugs back on ECU and grab a couple paper clips and poke one into the positive and test out the grounds individually while the ECU was running. ECU showed 9.34V mean while positive to every ground showed, once again 12.8V supply. 

Thats a GG in my books and the ECU is coozed. 

Oh also, the fuel pump stays on permanently.... Doesn't prime as it should, won't turn off if you turn off the AUX Output it's on. As soon as you pull that pin on the ECU header, the pump won't turn on. So that's a problem too.

Heres to hoping it's lifetime warranty covers it and I don't have to sh!t a brick paying for an ECU to be fixed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Couple more items turned up today on the courier.

Brand new Damd D-shaped wheel from [mention=19498]cyruslow[/mention]

47956264961_60f9371472_b.jpg  
And a some OBD2 readers, hoping at least one plays nice with the EMTron so I can get some digital gauges back on the tablet. If they don't work then I'll be going to a Windows based setup instead. Been eying up a Latte Panda Alpha/Delta but they're rather expensive for what it'll end up doing.

47956224332_6ddc8b86b3_b.jpg  

Holy crap, super jealous of that wheel!!! Is that something which cyruslow supplies here in Nz or was a one off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
6 minutes ago, sobanoodle said:

Not as bad as some BMW options I am eye-balling :D 

PS: doing cruise control mod as well (or did it already)? 

Imagine there’s a hefty euro tax for any aftermarket BMW parts.

It did cross my mind but not sure if I'd use it enough to bother. The wheel came with all of those so will probably just flick them on.

20 hours ago, Andy_Mac said:

It did cross my mind but not sure if I'd use it enough to bother. The wheel came with all of those so will probably just flick them on.

I love cruise control - so mint for cruising on open roads 

• Like 3