Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Had the recall work for the passenger airbag and park brake done today by Armstrong Christchurch.

Was excellent service car came back washed and cleaned on the inside.

No marks on the outside or scratches or rattles on the inside. All the things (defi controller) were back where they should be as well.

So for me was a good experience and the parts guy was very helpful in getting me a gasket they didn’t have in stock from Auckland overnight.(partsouq didnt supply it on my last order as they didn’t have stock either)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Abomb said:

Some f***wit tried to steal my car when I was at work last night so when I wake up I get to track down and replace the plastic trim pieces off my steering column and passenger side rain guard. 

Thought you were going Liam Neeson on us and saying you were going to track them down 😂😂😂

I would help with disposing the body fyi 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Omsin said:

Thought you were going Liam Neeson on us and saying you were going to track them down 😂😂😂

I would help with disposing the body fyi 😉

I wish. No cameras in the work yard, didn’t leave anything I could see and all my guns are in America. :(

• Like 1

Well, so far I’m replaced the top shell of the steering column but while I was at the wrecker I got a new steering wheel since mine was ripped and that’s installed too. Just have to put the bottom bit on and the rain guard tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Decided to do some more DIY on the car, this week I ended up added sound deadening. 

As you you can see there is nothing at all on the door other than a plastic skin

B96-B4-F20-51-E9-4-C6-C-B566-5855-B3-FFB

A metre of sound deadening later and it’s all covered.

Road noise and in particular wind noise has dropped a lot, speakers even sound 10x better. I am going to order more material and line the boot and eventually underneath the carpet / seats.

The 6m roll for $129 is easily the same, if not better than the branded “Dynamat” at a fraction of the price. It’s roughly a meter per door or 1.5m if you want to really layer it on (double up on hollow patches).

...yes that’s a picture of two different doors, I forgot to stop and take a photo of the finished front door 😂

Edited by Omsin
  • Like 5

• Admin
1 hour ago, Omsin said:

Good price.

Slightly thicker than Dynamat extreme which should help isolate more noise and almost half the price from my calcs.

I've got 90% of a Dynamat mega pack in mine already. Did ~80% coverage on inner and outer door skins plus boot and minor stuff in other areas, made a heap of difference but doing floor and trans tunnel should step it up another level. 

• Like 1

Rain guard, wheel and steering column trim are all in and looking good. Looks like nothing happened, now my work just needs to step up and do something to up the security at the yard because this is the second time my car has been messed with. First time they successfully got into it but I pulled in before and my alarm was going off.

• Admin
On 11/08/2019 at 10:49 AM, Omsin said:

Decided to do some more DIY on the car, this week I ended up added sound deadening. 

As you you can see there is nothing at all on the door other than a plastic skin

A metre of sound deadening later and it’s all covered.

Road noise and in particular wind noise has dropped a lot, speakers even sound 10x better. I am going to order more material and line the boot and eventually underneath the carpet / seats.

The 6m roll for $129 is easily the same, if not better than the branded “Dynamat” at a fraction of the price. It’s roughly a meter per door or 1.5m if you want to really layer it on (double up on hollow patches).

...yes that’s a picture of two different doors, I forgot to stop and take a photo of the finished front door 😂

Did you do the outer door skin as well? I find that's equally important for sound quality purposes.

• Admin

So, done another batch of Type RA roof Latches.

They’ve come out absolutely phenomenal, and am really happy with them.
Added the spring that the factory one retains as well, so you can run the latch looser without it flopping around haha

6de7f687e88910ed298c4a28bd26f2af.jpg
c4df6fb5a9aed1f382739b2cd32ff15c.jpgb25f6b3c090fec57bf36edb5a5718876.jpg
35f93a1bd200c1c530b02ba349033f9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dairusire said:

So, done another batch of Type RA roof Latches.

They’ve come out absolutely phenomenal, and am really happy with them.
Added the spring that the factory one retains as well, so you can run the latch looser without it flopping around haha

If one wanted to add a roof vent to a non RA car do you know if there is anywhere to get them aside from a wreaker car?

keen as on a vent having no AC but pain to locate.

Edited by YoungOne
  • Like 1

If one wanted to add a roof vent to a non RA car do you know if there is anywhere to get them aside from a wreaker car?

keen as on a vent having no AC but pain to locate.

Can confirm it really helps alleviate the no AC issue , did in my old car , used that latch from dairusire and was awesome as. Consider some window monsoons too so you can crack the windows during rain as roof vent while raining isn’t great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, boon said:

Did you do the outer door skin as well? I find that's equally important for sound quality purposes.

Yes but not to the same extent, I did rectangle cut outs spaced along where I could reach, I did do a solid square directly behind the speakers and around the back for the speaker mounting points 

• Like 1