Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

funkytown said:

im trying to get my axles into rear diff but it just happening - suspect circlips are too big or something... but have removed my old ones from v3 axles / diff and the splines look identical and circlip channels look all the same

at a total loss >:( >:(>:(

??? ???

Ok try seeing if they will slip in with no circlips on ( negates the splines being difference )

and if that works then it may take a bit of a knock to get them in with circlip on

Guest boostcut
 DRFVDR']

[quote name='funkytown said:

im trying to get my axles into rear diff but it just happening - suspect circlips are too big or something... but have removed my old ones from v3 axles / diff and the splines look identical and circlip channels look all the same

??? ???

/quote]

Ok try seeing if they will slip in with no circlips on ( negates the splines being difference )

and if that works then it may take a bit of a knock to get them in with circlip on

you could give the female spline a bit more of a leading taper to help fit over the clip... they can be mongrels

Guest boostin
 nt_a_foz said:

got the motor out of the legacy when i got home from aux..

Ready for hte new one

Make sure that torque converter is well home before you drop the new engine in.

Check the distance from the back of the engine where the trans bolts up to the bolt holes on the flex plate. Make sure the torque converter sticks out no more than that.

Silently swore, at the whanau of four, in the bluebird who doored, me today.

And not just a nudge, I mean a full throwing the door open, wind catching the door, and leaving a sizeable dent in the rear driver's door. Enough so that there was paint from the edge of their door left on my car.

Oh well, what are shopping centre parks for but f***ing up your car right?

Drove my car back from Paihia. While in Paihia I drove it into a branch that was semi detached from the big pine tree. Was actually a big branch when it fell off ::)

Oh and probably got my first speeding ticket while driving back... my gravel camo might save my ass though

boostcut']

??? ???

you could give the female spline a bit more of a leading taper to help fit over the clip... they can be mongrels

the stub does go right the way in with out the clip..

Interestingly Nick (Kamineko) sent me some photos but will share tomorrow - i may need new axles - he has same rear diff as me.

[quote name='madmike said:

and jebus,... that must have been touch and go.

took the rear adjustables in finally to be looked at and see why ones knocking fingers crossed it'll be something simple and cheap.

Put the car on exemption for 3months but now thinking i might just put it on A class so i can drive it while i go for a cert after i get the adjustables back. Not sure if i'm going to bother getting the turbo cert'ed as i just don't think it improved my power by 25%

want to get my car back on the road but legal this time, i guess its just something that comes with age.

Blew a headgasket. Was inevitable with what I was doing with it and seeing as the engine was built nearly 100k kms ago isn't hugely surprising. Hopefully I've pulled the pin before damaging anything too much. Just have a wee fountain coming out the overflow bottle.

Thought about taking my car out and getting some photos so i can post an introduction (*inb4 "post an intro noob" & "who the hell are you?") ordered my 5 Star AVS alarm off trademe, and booked the car in with the workshop to fit my new struts.

Took it to armstrong subaru to deal with my epic seized cv etc, they appeared to be attacking it with a grinder or drill or something of the like when I walked past on the way to the bathroom. Damn car.

And then I celebrated by finishing off my dying clutch. Sigh. ;D

Aaaaaah it's all money ;D

Took my mum and grandmother for a blat again. Shampooed and vacuumed the carpet. Gave the interior a once-over with armourall. Tomorrow, getting more compound so I can buff the shizz out of the car for the weekend ;D

Service time for my baby... the usual 10,000km service including the pollen filter which has never been changed :o and I've finally bitten the bullet and am getting that pesky cam position sensor replaced. It is going to be an expensive service but damn it is worth it ;D