Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

32 minutes ago, snwmbl said:

Yeah talked to Murch a while back and he didn't think a holset would match my sinco extractors.  I went for a GT3582R as it was the simplest option at this stage (only needing to change downpipe from old 4 bolt to v band). When the time comes for an engine rebuild I'll go for a twin scroll setup. 

Guessing the sinco had large runners and obviously single scroll. Will be a gtx3582 tho wont it?

51 minutes ago, evowrx said:

Guessing the sinco had large runners and obviously single scroll. Will be a gtx3582 tho wont it?

Nah decided against spending the extra coin on a GTX when the GT is more than capable of what i need.

13 minutes ago, snwmbl said:

Nah decided against spending the extra coin on a GTX when the GT is more than capable of what i need.

Thought it was discontinued? Prob a lot of old stock around tho if so. Gtx3076r less exhaust housing be a cheaper option too. Prob make similar power to the 3082 but more midrange. Keen to see results all round either way.

Well not today but last week (because life is busy) fitted Nolathane bushes to front arms and k brace at same time. Man, different car with new and semi decent bushes in it!! Just feels, well, amazing. Recommend this upgrade to all BE5 owners. Thanks to Rossub for his write up and SAS for his hard work. Chur lol :D

• Like 2

So, actually got my wheel alignment done on thursday, Gareth at Bridgestone Massey (By westgate) Top bloke, didn't end up charging me because he felt they'd messed me around (I was expecting things to be poked, they weren't too buggered, good result for me) So will use them in future. Good bunch there. Finally had my new headlight arrive which is good. so Car's pretty much ready for a WOF now. which isn't due for a bit, but yeah. feeling good all around.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 94 Leone said:

So, actually got my wheel alignment done on thursday, Gareth at Bridgestone Massey (By westgate) Top bloke, didn't end up charging me because he felt they'd messed me around (I was expecting things to be poked, they weren't too buggered, good result for me) So will use them in future. Good bunch there. Finally had my new headlight arrive which is good. so Car's pretty much ready for a WOF now. which isn't due for a bit, but yeah. feeling good all around.

I am sick for paying for wheel alignments... they have become way too expensive. $90 for 30 minutes of work that a monkey could be trained to do.

23 minutes ago, 94 Leone said:

90 bucks for a wheel alignment? F*** that. I don't think I've ever paid anywhere near that for an alignment. Then again, I usually know the tyre guys and get S*** cheap.

I usually go to a specific place that I trust to do a good job... I used to pay $70 which I thought was expensive, but thought it was acceptable because they do custom alignments etc... they now charge $90. I thought that the big chain tyre and alignment places were much cheaper, but Bridgestone Direct have just started charging $90 as well. Maybe Tonys is cheaper? I'm just going to do piece of string alignments for now.

Edited by loner

Whangarei is around 70. Dargaville being a small town with only 2 machines its more like 80-90. I used to get them done to my exact spec for a box of piss but they sold to a chain store.

Had a set of tyres fitted by a tyre store the other day fark you get penalized for not purchasing the tyres off them. One place was 50 per tyre...

I was going to replace the original factory fitted fender emblems on my car as I'm not a huge fan of the silver ones. You can get replacements like this easily enough on eBay...

s-l300.jpg

Unfortunately, the muppets sent me WRX ones by mistake 9_9 

4 minutes ago, evowrx said:

Whangarei is around 70. Dargaville being a small town with only 2 machines its more like 80-90. I used to get them done to my exact spec for a box of piss but they sold to a chain store.

Had a set of tyres fitted by a tyre store the other day fark you get penalized for not purchasing the tyres off them. One place was 50 per tyre...

For fitting I usually only pay $18 to $25 per tyre at Bridgestone... A work mate of mine got charged $30 per tyre the other day... plus the $90 for the alignment. I told him to complain and what I paid for fitment... he was told that all their prices have just gone up.

Edited by loner

10 hours ago, 94 Leone said:

I know Gareth well. His dad's my boss and I work closely with his brother too. He's a GC that's for sure. 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, evowrx said:

I managed to get someone who did the fitting/balancing/alignment for 140 cash for the social fund...considering the t1r's only cost 160 per corner it was still heaps cheaper than them supplying and fitting.

I almost reckon its an awareness thing. After the CHCH eqs everyones wheels were going out of alignment. The idea has sorta filtered out across the country. People are more aware of their alignment in other parts of the country and the wheel shops have capitalized on a very quick and easy income source.

On Saturday, 29 October 2016 at 9:48 AM, loner said:

I usually go to a specific place that I trust to do a good job... I used to pay $70 which I thought was expensive, but thought it was acceptable because they do custom alignments etc... they now charge $90. I thought that the big chain tyre and alignment places were much cheaper, but Bridgestone Direct have just started charging $90 as well. Maybe Tonys is cheaper? I'm just going to do piece of string alignments for now.

Got a set of tyres fitted/balanced and aligned a couple of weeks ago at Beaurepaires..

$20 per tyre plus $60 for alignment..

Rates seem to vary depending on who you know and are negotiable..

1 hour ago, yoUaReABUS said:

Installed an under seat subwoofer, nothing too doof doof, just to compliment the existing sound system.

Which one? have been considering this as well...Fusion one seems to be a common option.

Edited by willisnz